I don't get it, and I expected this to be a comedy, instead it's just kind of boring and hard to follow

I don't get it, and I expected this to be a comedy, instead it's just kind of boring and hard to follow.

>Goddard

Well, there is where your expectations went wrong.

Does he not like jokes? This is the first of his movies I've tried to watch.

Godard does not make jokes, he is a joke.

That's kind of harsh.

Maybe I'll like Alphaville and Breathless better.

You can't even write his name correctly you fucking idiot.

that's a big movie

>fou le

trash movie for plebs only

If you're looking for something "entertaining" by him, then Made in USA and Masculin Feminin are for you. Breathless is pretty memorable, but there is a 20 minute scene with the film's lovers that turned me off. It still has a fantastic ending on par with 400 Blows.

2 or 3 Things I Know About Her is my fave Godard.

a very bad film.

>he fell for the Godard meme

if i wanted a french guy to jerk-off in my face i'd go to a parisian gay club

>20 minute scene with the film's lovers
Having sex or what? Is it just 20 minutes of them cuddling?
And maybe it's just the subs I downloaded, but I found it difficult to understand what was going on. I'm sure it's a good movie and I'll finish it someday, I just really expected a comedy based off the Google description.

you'll hate alphaville

Also if you dont get hows he is throwing genres together, and the kind of dry humor pierrot has then you probably wont like made in usa or 2 or three things either

Maybe a woman is a woman?

My friend showed this to me and touted it as one of her favorite films. I could barely stand it but I got extremely intoxicated and ended up getting with her but yeah the movie blows

>asked to analyze the substance in a godard film

>cover looked like kids from a distance
So disappointed.

The only comedic aspect are the film's cuts and rough edits. They literally cuddle and do bed talk for a while. Thankfully the MC is an asshole. Yeah, I went into it thinking it's a comedy, too.

As for Alphaville. It's... strange. It has the cheesiest firefights.

Don't try Goodbye to Language until you have a Level 30 appreciation of experimental film and Godard in general.

What's with all the hate? Is the movie, and Godard, really that bad/overrated?
Breathless looks like a waste of time (from what I've seen), but I watched a supercut of his films and was interested.

It's not that Godard is a bad director, it's that he sucks at literally everything else. Especially writing.
My Life To Live is a great movie tho

Godard is one of my favourites, and I favour him over Kurosawa and Bergman, mostly because I want to hug him.

>Also if you dont get hows he is throwing genres together, and the kind of dry humor pierrot has then you probably wont like made in usa or 2 or three things either
I didn't finish Pierrot le Fou and admittedly, I was tired when I put it on, I'm going to try and watch it again later.
People seem to have differing definitions of "dry humor", but I feel like I'm not a fan of it.

Don't mind them, this board is shit. Hating on Godard is considered cool here.

No, he was just the 60s French version of Jarmusch, Coen or Tarantino so he both gets too much love for the wrong things and hate for it.

Also I think he critocized Kurosawa and some don't like him for that.

This is my favorite movie, how pleb am I?

Ultra max 100% pleb supreme king of pleb "the denier of the partician" Pleb

NICE

I've only seen breathless but it was bad.

Should I even bother with Godard at all? This all sounds horrible.

uhhh

Not at all. His is a flavour that leaves much to be desired.

I won't seek his movies out, but I'll watch them if I come across them. Shitty movies are the best inspiration, right?

fag

>hating on godard

literally the sign of a pseud

>he was just the 60s French version of Jarmusch, Coen or Tarantino

you have absolutely no idea what the fuck you're talking about lmao

signs ur a pseud:
you like godard
you use the word pseud

>>>/reddit/

godard btfo

this

>he didn't fall in love with Anna Karina

i laughed

>Alphaville

>I don't get it

The clown was a weapons experiment and they trained him to be afraid of cats.

I thought it was really obvious.

theyre not shit

if you dont know who godard is then that means youre watching movies worse than godard

haha yeah upvoted

me too thank

nice

>if you dont know who godard is then that means youre watching movies worse than godard
? what are you trying to say

if you do not know who the film director jean-luc godard is then you shouldn't automatically accept that his films are shit just because someone tells you they are

you should watch them and educate yourself

godard is a very well renowned and accoladed director taught in every film school across the world

i agree and i will