CuckWorld

Alright, so after reading a bunch of your theories, adding some ideas of my own, and pruning out the more retarded things, here's my summary/what I think is going on in Westworld. Keep in mind its going off of the Mib/William theory and Bernard/Arnold theory with 2 timelines being shown.

> Robert & Arnold create the best AI the world has ever seen

They both have different visions for it though, One wants to it be a full simulation, the other wants to explore what it is to be human. Meanwhile government/business type people want the tech for whatever purposes they think are more useful than what they are currently doing with it and are trying to get their way in/take over (part of me thinks this is the same company that williams fiance's family runs hence their trip 30 years prior). However, they cant just straight up kill Robert in case he has a fail safe to wipe everything so they are trying to leak everything just like you saw with the satellite shit.

> Arnold fucks with the robots enough to make them somewhat sentient (the scenes between Dolores and what appears to be Bernard) and builds a maze game Turing test or some shit.

continued

Now either a) Arnold's interest gets the best of him and he tries to transfer himself into a robot resulting in Bernard. That's why Bernard understands the code so well, he just has a false memory (this could also be what happens at the maze. It kind of plays back to when Robert said that humans are as far along as they have come, they cant get any better). That's why he cant see Arnold in the picture, just like he cant see the door (because hes not meant to or it will fuck him up/ potentially bring back memories through the reveries). This also falls in line with Robert not being able to let go of people, he keeps a copy of his family above him and Arnolds original creation room, as well as keeping Bernard/Arnold around.
or 2) Pretty much the same as 1 but for some reason the two had a falling out and Robert killed Arnold, or when william and Dolores get to the end of their little story something happens resulting in an accident making william jaded enough to become MiB and Arnold dead/missing. I don't like this one as much because I don'tt feel like Robert is evil, he just wants to protect the park.

As for MiB/Will, I didnt care for the theory at first but it fits more and more, so here goes..

> Will is a complete cuck beta in life, works at his fiances family company and takes whatever they pass down

he goes to westworld with her brother. at first he rejects everything because its not real and he doesnt want to be bad. The second it seems real to him though (with a Bernard altered Dolores) he goes balls deep into it claiming its more real than his life. Somewhere along the way though this adventure fucks up and takes a total 180 on him. He will realize Dolores doesnt give a shit about him once Robert or someone restores her and she goes back to the same old loving ted shit (this will be great because it will be the first time we see teddy cuck someone).

Now theres 2 theory's here.
1) William returns to the real world at first and actually tries instead of just accepting second hand shit, ends up taking over his ex fiances company, or starts his own to rival it (hence the random person mentioning his business). He then returns to westworld for 30 years trying to get the love he thought he had from Dolores. This is why in the first episode the first thing we see him do is go to Dolores's house and kill teddy. The only way he thinks he can get this is at by reaching the end of the maze and finding out how to make Dolores permanently how she was when he thought she was real.

Im sure theres reasons that could cross some of this shit out, i'd like to hear them please. Not trying to be one of those "I know everyting!" posters. This is just what makes sense to me so far and if you have evidence to contradict it id love it.

bump. hoping for some (you)'s here soon, i never bother to type this shit out :(

The motivation for the MIB you said seems like the only explanation assuming he is Will but its still bizarre that he is somehow a white knight for Dolores and also raping her in a barn. How they will justify that 180 is ???
Also they goofed by not having Christian Slater play the MIB

The problem with the "sliding timeline" theory is that if anyone from the MiB narrative thread who's not a host shows up in the Logan/Will/Dolores story, it topedoes the entire theory.

I've been thinking of rewatching all episodes so far and making notes, but that's seven hours of my life I wouldn't be getting back.

We don't actually know what he did to her in the barn. People just assumed it was rape.

I think it's quite a stretch that in 30+ years any outside group didn't manage to "steal the code".

They have literally hundreds of tech people ranging from developers to bio-engineers working there who would have to use the knowledge they acquired while working there to try something similar in the outside world.

I imagine they'd get debriefed by the military as soon as their contract expired, confidentiality clause or not.

Also the park was much smaller when Arnold and Ford were running it at the start so it would be quite a challenge to keep it all under wraps at the beginning.

It just makes no sense that there could be no leaks whatsoever to the outside world.

The main problem I have with that is that it's a whole lot of convoluted and dubious setup for what amounts to a rather simple plot twist.

Let's way that William IS MiB... so what?

This desu, pulling out a knife and saying lets start from the beginning sounds more like an interrogation/torture than rape.

I think the consequences of trying to smuggle Delos' IP out of the park were hinted at last week with Maeve. I wouldn't be surprised if every part of the the hosts is set to auto-destruct outside the boundaries of the facilities, from their source code to their skin and hair.

Here's a simple explanation to that.

Once Dolores is "reset" to her generic personality it takes a shock to snap her out of it and reassert the original Arnold-approved Dolores.

So every now and then William/MiB shows up, snaps her back into her original personality so the whole Maze/Arnold plotline is continued for him.

So in the barn nothing happened, he was just trying to make her revert to her true self through fear.

Here's a key point.
An almost exact situation with Trevor threatening her made her initially get brave and kill him and run into William moments later.

So in the present MiB is doing the same thing Trevor did so she tries to kill him, making her snap and turn into true Dolores.

Almost exactly the same situation.

There's one problem with this theory.

When Trevor actually does try to rape her she momentarily sees him as the MiB, before killing him and absconding her loop, running into Will and Logan.

idk, the editing might suggest that but it might also suggest that it was for the benefit of the audience to link the two events

Or it could also be a fake-out, perhaps she always runs off into the woods if she survives the attack and her running into Will and Logan is actually the same loop 30 years earlier.

Could be, but the interesting about it is that MiB killed Teddy in front of the house (iirc her father too) and dragged her into the barn to trigger her meltdown, then did something and simply left.

We still don't know what he got out of it, but his demeanor makes it seem like he knew how it was going to play out.

Also it might be significant that we saw both William and MiB pick up her can when she dropped it in Sweetwater.

If MiB is William then it must be really depressing coming there again and seeing her still stuck in her lame loop.

MIB specifically says hes been COMING there for 30 years, it wasnt the first time he had been there in 30 years you dickweed.

basically all of this

I really hated the timeline theory buts its looking more likely, good for the autist who wouldn't give it up,
Teddys story on what the maze and Arnold is lines up with all this so yea well done, couldn't be fucked screen capping all this shit myself but you might want to, repost in the finale when ur right

the maze isn't for robots and they specifically said the turing test was passed in the first year so that's irrelavent, they can make the robots as smart and aware as they want, they just won't due to fear or safety

you have all already seen the maze it is ww, ford is not the man in the maze, ford is the maze, he keeps the ww operational, so he can't be the man in the middle

incidentally the picture of the three people isn't ford and his father, it is arnold and his two robots

Does anyone think that they might take the aliens route in the future? I get the feeling that humanity has been wiped out and that the guests are surviving humans that are experiencing a simulation run by aliens for nefarious/altruistic, comfort of life, purposes.

If hes been coming for such a long time then hes probably long dehumanised any of the hosts and sees them simply as tools to further his understanding of the maze and arnolds whereabouts.