/suc/ general

/suc/ - stand up comedy

Share your favourite comics. Discuss bits. Insult each other's taste in funny.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4n_FJ5RAlnc
youtube.com/watch?v=YmzKmTIe_m4
youtube.com/watch?v=P04oBEqhilI
youtube.com/watch?v=QskcjRJ3Ymk
youtube.com/watch?v=JhsYly-OJR8
youtube.com/watch?v=7ObhB750-B4
youtube.com/watch?v=HsHwk6AvLhA
youtube.com/watch?v=jCFPQDFL4xc
youtube.com/watch?v=yvyrQZWWT_E
youtube.com/watch?v=Yp2stpr-aGA
youtube.com/watch?v=Pc1QD9KHAfA
youtube.com/watch?v=3X-hTXRsZzs
youtube.com/watch?v=MFh2evYI-Dg
youtube.com/watch?v=01mllqnJkHw
youtube.com/watch?v=lN5VDBjJvdU
youtube.com/watch?v=ohogzxiqqkM
youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs
youtube.com/watch?v=eY3wsYzl3DA
youtube.com/watch?v=bVceIdoWf5o
youtube.com/watch?v=h_Uj1FRmLao
youtube.com/watch?v=OpHCsNEyWm4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

duuuuuude self deprecation lmaoooo im suuuuuch a peice of shiiiiit, dude the world fuckin SUCKS lmao everyone is so dumb except me because im a freakin NIHILIST

You probably like the Yankees.

this is already going better than I expected

youtube.com/watch?v=4n_FJ5RAlnc

Class personified.

*claps*

I don't really get that out of his standup. I think he's more of a hedonist that likes to poke fun at squares

youtube.com/watch?v=YmzKmTIe_m4

>self deprecation
yeah we cant all be winners like user number 76364859. keep achieving.

youtube.com/watch?v=P04oBEqhilI

Bill Hicks

>3egdy5me
>drugs
>conspiracies

I still like him

forgot pic

youtube.com/watch?v=QskcjRJ3Ymk

Not my favorite, I like some of his bits.

Dave Chapelle

>90% of his bits are focused on race
>Chapelle Show was great
>Every house party in highschool and college there was some group of retards screaming "I'm Rick James, Bitch"

I still watch his standup now and then. The animated way he tells a story is captivating.

Aids/Monkey pussy is a great bit

What do you think of him coming back into the spotlight recently doing SNL?

Bill Burr is the funniest man alive.

I don't have much exposure to him. Can you post a couple of your favourite bits?

youtube.com/watch?v=JhsYly-OJR8
you should all know

DUDE EPIC NEW GENERAL LMAO

great contribution user

don't you have some capeshit threads to shitpost in?

DUDE MISOGYNY LMAO

dude triggered nu-male lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=7ObhB750-B4
He has better material, but this was the first bit that came to mind.

dude never been in a relationship period lmao

The bit about middle aged white ladies complaining about everything to management in service related industries was on point but delivery could have been better. I laughed

I know he's pretty respected but I haven't seen any of his stuff. Post some funny bits?

No shit, I literally just watched this exact show and then came here and saw this thread. Doug is boss.

His stand-up is pretty meh desu. Just watch his O&A appearances. Shit like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=HsHwk6AvLhA

DUDE STUPID PET TRICKS LMAO

youtube.com/watch?v=jCFPQDFL4xc

Great stuff to tell the friends at the weekend;

youtube.com/watch?v=yvyrQZWWT_E

I watched him religiously in college but I always enjoyed his message more than his actual comedy.
Killing Them Softly is one of my favorite specials of all time.
Meme answer, but his first three specials are groundbreaking and contributed to the history of comedy on Carlin-esque levels.
Pretty funny but honestly kind of forgettable.

I would probably think this was funnier if I wasn't so burned out on burgerland politics right now.

He's been my favourite for a few years. His podcasts are a rambling mess but theres some funny shit that comes up.

user what am I listening to, this is worse than howard stern

where the fuck is Sup Forums tonight no one has even called him a cuck yet

more amusing than expected but I'm yet to kek

I realise this is probably pleb, and I understand he has a pretty juvenile method that he uses, but I've never seen a comedy special that I found funnier than Completely Normal.

skip to 1:16 to bypass the unrelated intro

youtube.com/watch?v=Yp2stpr-aGA

maria bamford is legit mentally unhinged. her punchlines are subtle and bizarre and her train of thought often derails into utter insanity.

>checked

are we playing guess who?

I'm actually happy for CK that he seems happier and at peace lately, even though I feel that it's hurt his comedy. Or at least I connect with it less now.

I'm really starting to like Kyle Kinane a lot.
youtube.com/watch?v=Pc1QD9KHAfA

Kyle Kinane is my favorite comedian. One of my favorite bits of his is where he is constantly reminded of everything he ever did wrong all the time. I relate hard fampei.

Doug is edgy as fuck, but is an amazing storyteller and his social criticsm hits more that it misses. Beer Hall Putsch is an amazing special/album, his 10 minut long bit of helping his mother commit suicide was one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

He's a beautiful mix of social criticism, gross out humor and outright horror.

Also good that haven't been mentioned.

Patton Oswalt before his netflix special
Brian Posehn
Bo Burnham, minus What?
Angry Old Man Carlin
Pete Holmes, who does not get enough love for being the funniest comedian without any social and/or mental issues.

Do you know a good Dim Sum place?

unavailable in canuckistan

watching this bit instead and having a laugh at him talking about getting old. Realizing I'm getting old. Fuck. Thanks user

youtube.com/watch?v=3X-hTXRsZzs

Kinane guy, I totally agree with everything you've said except Pete Holmes. I watch @midnight a lot and every time he's on I want to punch him in the fucking mouth for some reason. I don't find him funny and I hate his personality, probably because he's annoyingly upbeat.

It's Tom Segura.
Nah. I hate the Asian world.

No, fuck him on @midnight, his specials are good.
youtube.com/watch?v=MFh2evYI-Dg
This joke is so awful, yet it gets me every time.

Help.

Can anyone help me out? I can only find things funny in a context where I'm with others or wearing headphones when watching a set, if I use speakers to watch a show or I'm on my own I can't find anything funny.

Is there an explanation for this? Am I an autist? Why does wearing headphones make standups more funny?

You have anxiety. When you're alone and you're watching the set via speakers, there's the noises of the outside world still bothering, you're worried that someone will hear you finding a thing funny that they won't find funny and call you an autist. When you're wearing headphones you're not aware of the outside world because the sounds are removed, so you laugh due to the funny. When you're with other people, they're also there laughing so you know they're not gonna call you an autist for laughing.

That or you're an autist.

Tom Segura. He has two netflix specials and does "Your Mom's House" podcast with his wife.

Different user, here, but I think Segura is funny. He's just having a good time, enjoying the ride while he can, trolling people on morning programs.

youtube.com/watch?v=01mllqnJkHw

youtube.com/watch?v=lN5VDBjJvdU

Steve Hughes anyone?

youtube.com/watch?v=ohogzxiqqkM

skip to 1:41 to annoying intro to the special

youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

shorter bit on charity, authority, political correctness, and being offended

"BIG"
>crowd's eyes widen
"BLACK"
>begin licking their lips and thrusting their hips in anticipation
"COCKS"
>crowd erupts in laughter

Alright, I chuckled. If I'm going lighthearted comedy though, Brian Regan's pretty ok, same for Mike Birbiglia.
I definitely laugh less watching comedy by myself, but it's good because I can analyze everything better. Laughter is supposed to be social. As long as you can still enjoy it, watch anyway.

What happened to Stanhope's ugly mental gf then? How did she end up in a coma?

>checked

I was wondering when Sup Forums was going to show up

John Mulaney's special was great if you like more clean cut comedy similar to Gaffigan and Brian Regan.

I'd suggest both of his albums. It's the best lighthearted stand-up I've seen.
Brian Regan and Mike Birbiglia are both pretty good though.

His attempt at a TV show was dogshit though and it made me lose a lot of respect for him. His work on SNL with Hader on the Stefan character is pretty topnotch though.

I laugh less alone. I'm still just as amused but for some reason I just don't voice it as much. It tends to be a sensible chuckle or just a rush of endorphins that makes my face rigor mortis uncontrollably.

Jesus fucking Christ, you scared me.

Nah, that can't be it, I laugh all the time with headphones on and my roommates can hear me.

Yeah, I'm the same way. Just as valuable a way to experience comedy as far as I'm concerned. I'm obsessed with it, so the added opportunites for pausing, subtitles, and introspection is great for me.

b-because I'm a skeleton yo should trust me. I know humor because of all my funny bones...
hah... get it..
heh

When you wear your headphones, it draws you into the atmosphere as if you were actually there in the audience. That comedy hole becomes your milieu, so you feel socially compelled to participate in the reactions of laughter. There's nothing wrong with you, in fact that proves you're pretty socially normal.

Shit, this was meant for

Different user here. I almost always watch shows with headphones on and subtitles when available if I'm alone. I enjoy it more that way.

By the way, anyone here actually perform and/or write comedy?

I just write jokes on my computer every time I think of one.

Generally short jokes were the punchline is clever or the punchline is the set-up. I've used them in real life sometimes with some success but I don't know if I'll ever go on stage. I've often thought about trying to sell them.

What about you?

I'd seen this bit
youtube.com/watch?v=eY3wsYzl3DA
before but I forgot about it

it is kinda true though, fucking clingy women wrecking my peace

share some

also, do you like mitch hedberg?
youtube.com/watch?v=bVceIdoWf5o
shit video tbqh but I'm getting lazy

I'm nervous at public speaking so reluctant to perform, but I have an actor friend I sporadically write with because he needs material to try to make it big. Unfortunately we spend 90% of the time on drinking, smoking, and blow/XTC though and then forget to write shit down by the end. My only real output is funny texts. Been a dream of mine to write sketches/screenplays for years though.

GOAT

Also as this guyI agree, love to see what you've gotAnd for some reason I can't get into Mitch, but I love Stephen Wright, who basically does the same thing but more deadpan.

Rare combo of being funny and extremely fuckable at the same time.

surprisingly good.

user this is gold. Thank you for posting him

No problem, that man deserves more attention. Also for some trivia, he had random small roles in Half Baked and Groundhog Day.

Scratch that, Reservoir Dogs, not Groundhog Day.

no one's mentioned tom green yet, he's a part of Sup Forums history

Is standup comedy dead?

There was kind of a revival in the 2000's but holy fuck, it seems like it's been wiped off the face of the earth.

Do kids just do vine and youtube shit now?

He's part of our history in the same sense that Joe McCarthy is a part of American history, namely in the sense of an easily forgettable pile of shit.

>Is standup comedy dead?
God I hope so

>he's a part of Sup Forums history
Most people who visit Sup Forums these days know nothing about Sup Forums history

You're just not finding it the right ways. The revival is still going strong. Sad thing is sources like CC are more concerned with trying to give them shows than actually airing material. Find them via podcasts and mashups like This Is Not Happening.

wasnt Kevin Hart the best payed celebriti this last year?and Netflix are giving insame sums left and right to comedians for specials.
Its definetely not dead imo, its just that there are a few mainstream ones that take all the attention and focus

I just can't watch Hicks hey. I don't know why, I've literally never found anything he said funny. Carlin was far better from that generation/social commentary comedy.

>tfw unironically think Dane Cook is funny as hell and should go down as one of the greats

Sometimes I listen to Harmful If Swallowed while drunk and laugh my ass off.

I un-ironically really like Joe Rogans stand up. There's better comedians of course, but people give him too much shit.

Bill Burr is still the funniest comedian working though, Louis CK can't keep up.
>inb4 Sup Forums I know he's good.

carlin is way older than hicks. carlin is funnier but hicks has an inspirational bent that carlin lacks

I read that in his whiny raspy voice.

Dane cook? His anecdotes are worse than what my 7 year old autismo nephew relates in his low functioning spells

Yeah, but you know what I mean. Hicks is too edge-lord for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=h_Uj1FRmLao

don't be a nigger and watch

Agreed.
His early stuff was great when I was a teen. Don't know if it would stand up for me now though.
I love Bill Burr, and I've actually seen threads about him on Sup Forums, but they dismiss him for being too liberal because he has a black wife and is willing to go middle ground, which is what I just call acceptance of reality.
Carlin was a nihilist, he wasn't supposed to inspire you to action, just to question. Hick's parents said he actually considered being a preacher, and I can definitely see that. He preaches his comedy rather than stating it.

I think he's just like that though, its not a contrived act, Hicks is just out there. Some of his stuff is cringey now but it still has a genuine quality to it. He had a message but it went largely unreceived. The later part of his career was pretty sad too and I might just be favouring him because of emotions instead of talent

i can relate to this take on both of them, though carlin does goad his audience into things

Holy shit, whats his best special?

I stated above I always preferred his message to his comedy. I found it more depressing than humorous, especially like you said in his later years. Plus he was working in the 80s and 90s, so you have to appreciate what he was doing at the time. It's a bad idea to write him off just because you heard the people he influenced saying the same things better more recently.

I laughed at that fuck

Any thoughts on John Mulaney?
I loved his second special, and anything in his Too Much Tuna character.
His newest didn't really stand out as much to me and it seemed like he played into the overly cheerful shtick too hard.

HAVE YOU SEEN HIS GIRLFRIEND? HOLY SHIT. HER NAME IS BINGO

Joe Rogan really makes me think

See

>HER

how do you go from literal boy band looking candy-ass fuccboi, to a comfy, funny dweeb whos into conspiracy theories, DMT, MMA and kettle bells?is this the greatest transformation of all time?

youtube.com/watch?v=OpHCsNEyWm4

its long but listen to it playing vidya or something.

HGH

Literally Carlin + Allen of our generation.
Say what you want but his shows have actual artistic merit and his standups are pretty hilarios. At least his old ones.