/horror/

Can we get a horror thread going? Recs, duscussions, and whatever else horror related?

Ashamed to admit that despite being a huge horror fan, I never really got into giallo films. Should I start with Argento's The Bird With the Crystal Plumage or just jump right into Suspira?

As far as recs go, I'd advise anyone who hasn't seen pic related to do so immediately. There's an app called Frightpix that has it and a bunch of other shit for free.

Can anyone give me a link to either Come and See (russkie war flick) or August Underground (cheesy fake snuff movie)? I'd really appreciate it.

Starting Dog Soldiers on Jewtube now, and 5 minutes in, it's looking like a mistake.

I head to poop once and then I shit myself super runny smelt like Taco Bell waffle tacos

>Jacobs Ladder
>horror

Its a thriller you fucking mong.

>Ashamed to admit that despite being a huge horror fan, I never really got into giallo films. Should I start with Argento's The Bird With the Crystal Plumage or just jump right into Suspira?
Suspiria is about as good a place to start as any.
>As far as recs go, I'd advise anyone who hasn't seen pic related to do so immediately.
Good call, it's a great movie.
>Starting Dog Soldiers on Jewtube now, and 5 minutes in, it's looking like a mistake.
Dog Soldiers is good shit man, give it a chance.

What do you guys think of Wingard?

Halloween III > Halloween.

>Halloween III > Halloween 2007
ok

You have an extremely narror definition of horror, and I pity you for that. You seem to be one if hose twats who finds it necessary to compartmentalize everything you see n neat, tidy little genres.

Anybody else like Scream Factory BD releases?

Where would you begin with Bava? I read a book about his films while incarcerated that I believed was titled 'All the Colors of the Night' or some shit, but the only film by him that I'm able to access in my current situation is Black Sunday.

My question is do you absolutely need to watch Bava as an aficionado of the genre because it's outstanding, or do you just need to watch it because of its influence, but it isn't that great?

ICH SEH ICH SEH
i still get creepy feels from this movie.

I decided to watch Ju-On Grudge instead of South Park and that was kino as fuck even if it was more atmospheric horror than anything.

Sorry its not like your post will change anyones mind, kys

Official Creepshow Rankings

5. Father's Day

4. The Lonesome Life of Jody Verril (sorry, steve)

3. They're Creeping Up on You (I hate fucking roaches

2. The Crate (Adreinne Barbeau is hotter than fuck, even while she's emasculating/ourguy/)

1. Something To Tide You Over (pic fucking related-an absolutely pitch-perfect piece of filmmaking)

Is Exorcist II really that bad? And was Exorcist III really THAT much ruined by reshoots?

Felt bad for the guy being fiven Blair Witch. Fucking nobody could have pulled that off, but he have it a go.

Say you had a good script, a decent budget, and a few semi-recognizable actors. Would you hire Adam Wingard or Ti West?

Additionally, would you like to see a remake of EH or just be satisfied with an imperfect near-masterpiece?

>was Exorcist III really THAT much ruined by reshoots?

3 was an easy 8/10. Just pretend 2 never existed.

Can we all agree that Inside is at the very least one of the top five foreign-language horror films in world history?

Hell, Trump even said so.

So, I'm gonna buy 2 more Scream Factory BDs. Pretty sure its between Darkman, Army of Darkness, Halloween 3, and Escape From New York. Which should I go for first?

Well Halloween 3 is the only horror movie you listed so in the horror movie recommendation thread I'll say Halloween 3.

Darkman and Army of Darkness don't count as Horror adjacent?

Not at all. You haven't seen them? AoD is a comedy. It's basically Tommy Boy. Having undead doesn't make it a horror because it's played off like a joke.

I have seen AoD. But not Darkman.

Darkman is more of a drama dressed as a superhero movie. It's good but no horror elements at all.

>My question is do you absolutely need to watch Bava as an aficionado of the genre because it's outstanding, or do you just need to watch it because of its influence, but it isn't that great?
It holds up about as well as it possibly could. Its atmosphere is magnificent, I think it's a good movie regardless.

The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill is my favorite. Something about that concept just gets to me.

Fuck everyone who recommends Yellowbrickroad.

That shit's garbage, yo.

The Mothman Prophecies, Angel Heart and Cure(1997) for some atmospheric thriller/horror.
Absentia for some unexpected jumpscares.
The Posession and In the Mouth of Madness for some fucked up shit.
The House of the Devil and The Innkeepers for some retro horror. These movies don't try to do anything new and are quite simple, but the retro thing is well portrayed.
Sinister for fun. Not a perfect movie though.
Thesis for classic snuff themed movie.
Event Horizon and Pandorum for some space horror.

It almost certainly would've been better without the reshoot. But it's still a very solid movie

>Come and See (russkie war flick)

What the fuck does a cheap piece of propaganda have to do with the horror genre?

While I still think Mothman isn't great, that phone call scene really freaked me the fuck out.

Also, I feel like I'm the only person who thought House of the Devil was bad. I mean it looked good but it was so boring and predictable.