Best documentaries

ITT: Documentaries that changed your life forever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J12n-ziZcTc
youtube.com/watch?v=9f5vZl8kluI
youtube.com/watch?v=_x6sHNnAicU
youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is incredible.

>it's another indonesian genocide episode
the act of killing was killy enough thanks

Touching the void is required doc viewing.
I've never had such a cathartic release of emotions while watching a movie before until I saw this.

Century of the Self (first episode only)

Adam Curtis' magnum opus. Simply put, it's the story of modern times.

My first red pill

Hyper normalisation is good too

Blue pill garbage

Stick to your Zeitgeist and Infowars garbage

IW has more journalistic integrity than mass media of US and EU nowadays.

made me realize that george stephanopoulos was always a faggot

Are there that many documentaries that change how people look at the world as opposed to just being a form of entertainment?

>touching the void
>shortly after reading the spirit molecule

ok, that's one...

Michael Moore is a hypocritical piece of shit now, but just the opening 10 minutes of this blows most political documentaries out of thre water

This and act of killing are game changers

>joshua oppenheimer

lol fucking pass

error morris is fucking based

this unironically, i remember it was the first documentary that i watch that has a fucking warning in the beginning for viewers. i was around 13-14 and watch it midnight on HBO

This. I don't get the hype.

well uh The Devil and Daniel Johnston and American Movie inspired me to keep working on my music

youtube.com/watch?v=J12n-ziZcTc

I really like docs, especially are ones made by those masters of the genre. I don't even mind putting on those less profiled but actually contain good information. I find them a lot more interesting than a lot of movies, mainly because i feel like there is always a story to tell in them and something to take away from it. How come a lot of normie just don't like doc, like you recommend one to them and they probably complain about it being boring etc

THIS

Tears/10

Why is it blue pill?

>global warm is hoxe
>9/11 inside jobe
>earth is flat
>moon landings were not real because the moon is not real
>how can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real

Lmao, Alex Jones has no integrity, Just look at his shilling of "detox" supplements to counter water fluorination lel.

I recommend The Jinx: The life and deaths of Robert Durst. The ending is absolutely haunting.

Bowling was fun and pretty spot on, even when I don't really agree with him, but all I remember from Farenheit is that it was boring and almost cringeworthy

just to show if you are rich enough you can buy your way out of the death penalty

9/11 was an inside job, but not like Mr. Ales "Controlled Opposition" Jones would have you believe.

not him but would you classified knowing about it in advanced and then let it happen an inside job?

>cringeworthy
What the fuck do you even mean by this

'Happy People: A year in the Taiga' is excellent

I mean that he acts like so superior and smart that it made me hate the guy. Like, ok, Bush is not the most brilliant president ever, but do I really have to believe he is plain retarded? Maybe cringeworthy is not the word, but man, english is not my language.

That's called LIHOP and it's long being abandoned by everyone. In fact nobody tried to push this meme expect other controlled opposition shills. Even the shills themselves like Alex follow the MIHOP(Made It Happen On Purpose) theory. Of course he will deny the involvement of the news media because that's his job and the reason he exists.

Haven't seen that one, but The Act of Killing severely fucked with my mind

It's just hard to believe you feel genuine second-hand embarrassment for a movie like that
sure he acts all high and mighty but he really isn't wrong about anything in that movie. It's a great, well-researched film.

Fucking good taste OP. Wrote my bachelor's thesis on it. Some of the most inspiring and meaningful work I ever did.

Bowling is just emotional manipulation the movie.

This was kinda boring though.

Fucking hippies and hipsters, man. Perpetually pissing and moaning about muh wars, but when it comes down to it all they do is whine about how boring war is.

I can't really say, becuase it was a long time ago, but to me it sounded like the typical liberal that doesn't really know shit but acts like he has all the answers

And when it comes down to it, you watch a documentary about it and feel smug, refined and elevated. Great.

It's basically just Dialectics of Enlightenment / Critique of Instrumental Reason.

Well, it's hard to make a movie about kids getting murdered without being emotional. And he got to make it fun, so it's something.

Oh wow, it's as if you ignored the journalism part on purpose

Watching this currently
just... fuck lol

saw it yesterday, wasnt expecting the part were obama is exposed as a supreme hypocrite, was nice.

wait for the end

>exposed as a supreme hypocrite
nigga got NOBEL PEACE PRIZE and BOMBED EVERY FUCKING COUNTRY IN MIDDLE EAST AND DESTROYED AFGHANISTAN AND LIBYA

ALLOWED THE (UNLAWFUL) KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS ON AMERICAN SOIL

The Invention of Dr. Nakamats

Not exactly life changing, but funny docu.

youtube.com/watch?v=9f5vZl8kluI

Easily

Meditations on Revolution

This.
I became a banker in hopes of one day living like those guys did.
I'm still working on it.

That was... nice

It pretty much was irl Spinal Tap

Bowling suck faggot

It's litteraly just "sobbing story" the documentary

I'mma put picture of obese children into the room of michael moore and hold him responsible for all case of early diabete because he is a fat fuck and a bad exemple

I saw this classic for the first time a few days ago. You could tell they probably staged parts of it.

Der Ewige Jude

Mysterykino

Are all men pedophiles

You claimed he was a journalist with integrity and I presented and example where he pushes his useless product to his audience => lacking integrity

The King of Kong is a classic, if only for the way the editing make it seem almost like a movie. You have your characters (the good guy, the bad guy), the journey, the low-point where everything seems lost, and the happy ending.
Quite fascinating

When is this coming on wide release?
It's not on Netflix nor any website I looked, but I really wanna see it.

watching now
intriguing

but he's the first black president

so brave and cool

he drops mic and doesnt afraid of anything

This

what exactly is this about? I've had it saved for a while but I'm not too sure on what I'm watching

The Thin Blue Line

It didn't necessarily change my life, but it's one of the best documentaries I've seen.

Not life changing but I enjoyed American Radical and Defamation a lot. Will be watching Thin Blue Line tonight.

>Defamation
recommending this one

It's about how psychoanalysis changed the way politicians and the corporations interact and control the masses in the 20th century. It's rather lengthy but definitely worth it.

wow, definitely have to watch that, been thinking about that same thing for weeks

Well... that's ONE way to feel powerful.

Worth a watch or two

The fear of 13 was brilliant

Jesus what are you 12?

I hate when people ask for movies that changed your life. That is so stupid.

This is the best one I have seen recently though.

Be nice, Charles.

Is it still cool to be anti-bush? Wow.

>it's hard to make a movie about kids getting murdered without being emotional.

That's not what the movie was "about" He used columbine as the catalyst for his point, but his point was Americans kills each other because the media perpetuates fear, which is bullshit. The part where he goes to Canada and insists none of us lock our doors is ridiculous.

Who's with me?

You aren't? You must be quite the republican ball-stroking faggot.

herders of the sun is the best Herzog.
The quote at the end is a perfect ending.

>Is it still cool to be anti-bush? Wow.

Since Trump BTFO the Bush dinasty like he did with Shillary's, yes it's still cool to shit on George whatever you're libtard, conservacuck or Sup Forumstard

Trump literally said George Bush did 9/11

youtube.com/watch?v=_x6sHNnAicU

Based

I hope you enjoy the rope

Grizzly Man is the best Herzog-documentary. Anyone claiming otherwise is a contrarian faggot.

The guitarist is mentally challenged. Which was pretty much why they didn't give up. And the music is terrible.

it's not a documentary though

This was great. Dieter seemed like such a genuinely good guy

Idk man. Little dieter, a year in the taiga, and into the abyss are all as good or better than grizzly man.

Your Father's Murderer: A Letter to Zachary. FeelsBadMan

Dear Zachary is heart wrenching

The Swedish lullaby at the very beginning combined with the images completely fucking destroyed me.
From that point on the film basically dragged me along an emotional vortex.

I highly recommend it.
If you have any kind of depressed thoughts though, be prepared.

holy fuck, this.

the part where the narrator is audibly almost breaking down in tears

I wasn't ready

This doc has probably stuck with me more so than any other. It's just so beautiful and the score is perfect.
youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU

Zachs dad reminds me of my uncle who went through a similar thing but on a much much less terrible scale. Remarried a horrible bitch a year after my auntie died and drank himself to death a year later.

Only time I have literally cried from watching something. was depressed for a couple days after watching it