Why does Sup Forums hate this man so?

Why does Sup Forums hate this man so?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OM6R_JYdOV0
youtube.com/watch?v=Dm3YrTk7qTY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Speak for yourself, That man's a national treasure.

@76373655
Guaranteed replies. You didn't even need to bait, just upload a pic of Mel and its guaranteed replies. no (You) for you.

He only gets praise here though. Is it your first time here faggot?

>>>/reddit/

fuck off, newfag. everyone here loves Mel.

Sup Forums is starting to dislike him because Sup Forums is liking him too much.

test

Fuck off

>@

(You)

No matter who dislikes or likes him, I will Always respect and love no homo Mel Gibson.

he is universally accepted as /ourguy/

you mean reddit tourists?

Mel is Sup Forums approved. You simply can't quell him.

>he is universally accepted as /ourguy/

Sure, by faggots who use that word /ourguy/. Says it all really.

He probably voted for drumpf

How do you go from
to this?

I've never hated a film he was in.

He's fantastic

people who hate him usually have a dog in the fight

I've never seen Passion, is it good?

age? he looks like a handsom grandpa fuck off memer

It's pretty meh, if you're a Christian you'll like it, and I appreciated the attention to detail, like the whole film being done in Aramaic.

As an atheist I wouldn't say its bad, but I haven't wanted to rewatch it.

It makes me feel sick but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't great.

Grew up Christian as fuck but I want to know how good the movie is as a film, not as a religious test.

>>>>/reddit/

I also forgot to mention I saw Hacksaw and Apocalypto

Bitch shut the fuck up

I grew up without a father so when I watch movies I pretend he's my father

What? I fucking love Mel.

Pretty sure theres just one autist posting the balding pic over and over again.

>Apocalypto is the most subversive critique of imperialism and the Bush administration ever
Prove me wrong faggots

Mel is /ourguy/

youtube.com/watch?v=OM6R_JYdOV0

Visually good. It being in Aramaic lends authenticity. But its really fucking barbarous, i would seriously compare it to Hostel or the Saw series in terms of over the top gruesomeness.

7/10 if you like everything else hes done you'll like this. But if you are really squeamish and don't like blood and torture you'll hate it.

The cinematography alone is worth a watch.

Explain your logic first.

1-2 sentences in greentext will suffice, i want to know you're not shitposting.

> i would seriously compare it to Hostel or the Saw series in terms of over the top gruesomeness.
Yeah, but unlike those films the blood and gore isn't done in a way to deliberately "scare" or "disgust" you (pretty much all of it's shot in broad daylight) as it's fully justified by the context. You feel more sad than anything.

I don't know how else to explain it but Mel Gibson is fucking genius when it comes to framing violence as an art form.

Yeah but if you're the type of person who doesn't like that shit, even if its well shot and well framed (which i agree with you) it's still more than likely going to be a major turn off and pepper your opinion of the film.

if we read the mayans as a metaphor for a generic empire we see them destroy smaller groups for their resources.
>the scenes which establish the conflict between economic classes in society.
>directly following this we have the speech by the maya chief guy "these are the days of our great lament"
>the scene where jaguar paw kills the main bad guys son we see the two large mayan temples peeking over the treeline
>following this trauma the group sets out to revenge this "injustice" along whatever lines possible
mel stated in interviews that he saw parallels between bush admin and the mayas in the film but the media just twisted it as him trying to make up for his jews comments.
>tfw mel literally told people what his movie is about and the media ignored him because it didnt match the "mel gibson is a racist narrative"

oh my dog

Got that quote by the way? You make a reasonable point but if that quote is out there then that'll convince me 100%, whereas those 4 examples are intriguing but seem a bit like reaching to me.

It's an interesting perspective and i'll definitely be rewatching to confirm or deny if i agree.

I'll post in the next few Melly G threads if i come to a similar conclusion from closer inspection, at the very least you've given me something interesting to think about so thanks for that, but i don't know if i see it 100%. Although if you've got a quote from the director i'm pretty much wrong regardless of if i think it is or isn't.

If you've watched (and enjoyed) other Mel Gibson movies, I'd say you're more than prepared for what Passion of the Christ holds as far as violence.

Which is why i said
> if you like everything else hes done you'll like this.

Sup Forums literally hates anything that isn't jewish

Sorry I thought you meant if he literally "liked" his other work.

it's pretty, brutal and authentic. as a narrative it lacks, but then again it isn't really trying to tell a story

Iv been working for 2 days straight and watched it again yesterday on a whim and thought that there were a lot of connections. Googled "Apocalypto Bush" on a whim; low and behold in a time magazine interview "The fearmongering we depict in this film reminds me a little of President Bush and his guys."

agree with you that my examples are a bit reachy, havnt had time to find my exact arguement. Im probably going to do a more academic paper on it when I get the time.

Mel is fuckin based

Makes unironically great films, still in shape, knows the truth about Hollywood. Just a great guy all around tBh

as a critique;

Gibson could draw that parrallel because it's a broad parrallel. The depiction of one group conquering another can be applied to hundreds if not thousands of cases in recorded history.

Who were the Spanish in your metaphor?

youtube.com/watch?v=Dm3YrTk7qTY

>ripped
>still got some hair
>glorious beard
I'd give a lot to look like him when I'm his age.

ive got the beard the eyes and im aussie. sadly im balding so i shave my head. and im 30lbs overweight, although ive been lifting for years and i expect would be ripped if i ever actually leaned down

>tfw 50% at best of mel at 90 when im 30
why live

He was in mad max, he's cool

Sup Forums sucks his dick, what the fuck are you talking about? And unlike Zach Snyder this man actually deserves it.

essentially a continuation of that same imperialism. the movie closes on the spanish without showing their contribution people argue that this is because we know historically how the story ends. Id argue that we have already seen "what the spanish do" in the scenes where the prisoners enter the mayan city. its impossible to watch those scenes as anything other than a critique of capitalism. He holds shots on dark liquid on the ground. We see slavery, economic tensions between rich and poor. vendors hawking garbage on the streets, etc. I agree that structurally these are very generic conventions, however this was 2006 and Mel is still working in the hollywood system he cant exactly be overt about his commentary considering that a great deal of his fan-base is the religious right.

Personally I'm lean-fit with a stubby beard and shit hair so best I can hope for is old Clint Eastwood tier. anything other than old Steven Seagal is good desu

It's like 20 r/GoT tourists who feel the need to post outside of their containment threads, make sure they know that Mel is forever /ourguy/

I like him cause my granny was friends with his now dead Irish mom back in Ireland.

neat, an interdimensional traveler.
How's life in the berenstein bears universe OP?
How do you feel about Hillary becoming the first lady president?

He said BvS was a piece of shit. Though he was right about that.