I want to learn a language for no particular reason other than just brain stimulation, and I've narrowed it to Russian...

I want to learn a language for no particular reason other than just brain stimulation, and I've narrowed it to Russian, Norwegian or Swedish. What do you think?
>inb4 choose something useful

learn Spanish

Talk about a mongrel language.

Norsk!

You shall learn norwegian user

By learning Swedish you'll kinda understand Norwegian, or so that's what people here have said. Don't know if it works the other way around though
Personally I would choose Russian, it's way harder but sounds cooler and the literature is richer

Norsk, da :3

you'll need it in a few decades, looking at the current American demographics

>needing spanish
Nah I'm good.

No offense dude but it's really hard to stay motivated if you're just learning it for fun on your own

it's probably best to choose an easy language

You do know that Norwegian is probably the easiest language for a native English speaker to learn right?

Swedish or Norwegian

Why not Russian, dear Ivan?

Waste of time

Why is that?

Just don't!

WHY?!

DON'T

I can totally agree with the russian,
Don't.

Russian obviously.

If you want to challenge your mind, Swedish and Norwegian are not the answer. Those two are just English with grammatical genders.

Though their pronunciations are hard but russian is hell for everything.

Psst, kid

>just 16 grammatical rules with no exceptions
>familiar vocabulary
>couple of million speakers around the world
>easy to learn
>you trigger normies because it's not "useful"
>you get hipster points with easily impressed people
>it sounds beautiful

Russian
Exotic, beautiful, widely spoken and I can help you with it ( native speaker, working with foreigners )

Learn Romanian

It's as useful as learning any of those others, except if you ever go to Romania people will fucking love you because no one likes Romania or ever learns it as a second language. Plus people in Romania aren't total autismos like Nords or Swedes and will want to chat with you for a bit. In Russia all you will here is, 'go 'ome 'ankee" yelled at you by inbred drunks.

>>you trigger normies because it's not "useful"
I know who you are friend

Are you the Dutch I spoke to yesterday in the /lang/(?) thread?