/who/ - Doctor Who General

Not young and cute enough edition.

Should Twelve be replaced by a younger 'more dashing' Doctor?

Last fred hit the bump

Other urls found in this thread:

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Chris_Chibnall_Era
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Now see here Moffat
I want Series 10
I want Series 10 AND a new companion
I want Series 10 AND a new companion AND a new Heaven Sent
And while we're at it…

I want Capaldi
I want bearded Capaldi
So much beard and so much hair
It would be unfair
To Tom and Jon's great wear
No, now!

I want a Dalek
I want a Cyber
Sleek looking silver and a galaxy glider and a really good writer
Give it to me… NOW!

I want Gallifrey,
I want Ras' my bae
I want to lock it all up in my pocket
Universe it's my rocket
Give it to me…NOW!

I want Davros
I want the Mara
I want to see them all day long in my head and I don't want to lose 'em'

I want a party of the Doctors' laughter
Twelve stories all so extreme
And if I don't get the things I am after
I'm gonna scream!

I want VNA,
I want VNA darkness!
Zygons and Slitheens, and Chumblies and Drahvins, and Oods and Argolins
And now!
Don't care how I want it now!
Don't care how I want it now!

second for april is a cutie and I want to hold her hand

> Capaldi looks like the Grim Reaper for gods sake. We all know we're going to get old, we don't want to watch an ancient skeleton man as the Doctor, we want to watch an actor who is young, full of energy and aesthetically pleasing. Get over it.

Fuck sake, he's 58, not 98.

We go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

Its b8 m8.

Yes, why shouldn't they not want a younger Doctor? Capaldi looks like the Grim Reaper for gods sake. We all know we're going to get old, we don't want to watch an ancient skeleton man as the Doctor, we want to watch an actor who is young, full of energy and aesthetically pleasing. Get over it.

0/10

Shes okay, shes gonna age terribly you can tell, when shes 35 she will look 50.

PROTECT

HIS

SMILE

Hi Cats.

Omg it should have been obvious Chibaill would pick Andrew Buchan, he's a good actor. Am looking forward to it now.

I don't want to hold her hand for 10 years though, just for now for a little while

Lick my balls

>Andrew Buchan
>age 37, plays recurring character in Chibnall's Broadchurch

One to add to the list to place bets on when Twelve's regeneration Xmas 2018 confirmed.

PROTECT

HIS

SMILE

What did /who/ think of the rock sex?

Remember this guy from The Armageddon Factor? What's the likelihood that he's a member of the Shadowkin.

Amusing.

People talking about Capaldi's age... here's a different spin on things: how would /who/ feel about a slightly larger Doctor (and I don't just mean a slightly portly Colin Baker). Richard Griffiths was once considered for the role, for example. Would a larger man/woman be suitable for the role?

I want a muscled Doctor, a real bear of a man. A person I can look at and instantly know: "He can protect me".

Jesus they bring back a classic writer than they pick the chick that wrote Survival? What a waste. Cheetah people? What a load of shit.

Clearly haven't seen or heard of any other award winning work she's done then.

>the last writer of Classic Who will be the last guest writer of the Moffat era

POETRY

Also if her last episode is anything to go by, then Doctor Who will die after Moffat is gone. As expected.

Trying to make this a meme, bless you.

Why?

W..wot? She's had a career other than writing one Who story?

Age is less important than overall fitness for the role.

Example: a reasonably fit, slim 50+ actor (or even actress) will cope with the physical stresses of the role better than a fat, unfit 30 yr old who doesn't even know what the inside of a gym looks like.

Nah, he's not hot. Too bara. Who's an actor that /who/ would go gay for?

Tom Ellis and Josh Sasse are rather dashing aren't they?

Has anyone?

hey, at least it's not a woman

> TFW I genuinely liked Survival and genuinely want to see what she brings to the table now that she has more experience.

>tfw I haven't watched Survival

Feels little, father?

Ryan Tubridy doctor when?

You have good taste for a hetero, Cloister.

BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY

It's definitely a fine story but it's another eh heh he master story and is a bit stupid. Just a bit of a cock tease that she was picked from other better and willing talent. I'm sure her episode will be good though and look forward to it.

Capaldi should be replaced by Moffat's real first choice

>want to feel like a brand new show
>return to the format of the tennant era

Uhhh

Translation:

BBC Bosses have shit themselves that BBC shows are all dying and they no longer make any money for BBC Worldwide.

In desperation, bosses look back to the pre internet television days of the Tennant era and think that if they make it like that it will reverse the demise.

Yeah...

This. If there was to be a black James Bond, it'd be this man.

a man who's career suggests he is not a very good actor

Yup. Sad. Series 11 will probaby be created by committee like the new Top Gear.

Thank you! Tom Ellis plays a kind of doctor as Lucifer, on the show of the same name. It's better than it has any business being.
I'd be happy with this. I wonder why he turned it down? I hope it wasn't for that end of the world show, that was pretty good, he was just wasted in it.

They didn't really give any legit sources of "BBC bosses" did they? Doesn't really suggest that anyone will be greatly intervening with the creative process of the show.

That is exactly where we are going and it's doomed.

Imagine if he played it exactly like Johnson.

>Then I'm going to make you feel like you're a turkey fucker. Why? Because I'm the big man and you're a shitheel, right?

Certainly not, humans range from the very young to the very old.

Old is experience and wisdom, young is experimenting and chance.

Old and young together would be the summoning of the wisdom and life experience of the old with the experimenting and discovery by chanceof the young.

The old need to keep the young from diverging into unhealthy paths and the young need to keep the old from getting stuck in the past.

oh my, who is this spunk hunk?

>Be Pearl
>get big break when cast as a companion on Doctor Who
>do 1 series
>get fired

Personally I thought it was one of Ainley's better performances, howling aside.

How many more times can the Doctor meet a magic girlfriend, from Earth, who he falls immediately in love with, and who he is willing to sacrifice the universe to save, before that format becomes stale as dinosaur shit?

Poor girl.

Is she this generation's Harry Sullivan?

Zero. It's already stale.

'Member David Tennant?
Oh, oh, 'Member GAY AGENDA?
'Member Face of Bo?

didn't he already feature in nuwho? Now that would have been one interesting who-frowned-me-that-face-storyline

>this face is supposed to remind me of something
>I'm the Doctor
>And I let people die!

That is because the Master was well written and taken seriously unlike his Pip and Jane etc shitfests.

Well Donna only had one series and is well liked. If shesgood she'll be remembered.

correct

good, having the same companions for 3 years was shit

Donna A BEST

12 needs a based male companion to bro out with like Jamie that stays around while the chicks drop in and out.

even worse, she was virtually three different characters played by one actor

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Chris_Chibnall_Era

>tfw this page came true

I agree. Hell, I like it more than a majority of the Master's appearances in NuWho.

Which 6 hairstyle is better. Season 22 style 6 hair or season 23 6 hair?

I liked the Mistess better than Simm's Master tbqh

Season 22. He overbleached it for 23.

The best option would have been to never dye Colin's hair in the first place.

wtf would any show replace based malcom tucker

never watched doctor who btw. not my kinda thing. but thick of it is fucking funny

I really like Simm's performance because he's at least different from Delgado like the Doctor is when he regenerates. It's just a shame that he was only in terribly written episodes.

haven't you heard what Moffat said earlier today? Male companions must always connect to the Doctor through a female companion. If she's not present there has to be an awkward silence between the Doctor and the male companion.

Simm would have been great if RTD let him act dark like he wanted. No idea why they bothered getting him if they wre just gonns force him to act like a clown.

I sure did. He really is a terrible showrunner although he's Robert Holmes tier at stand alone stories. I wish he had just kept doing that.

> Robert Holmes tier

Nah. He lacks that angry edge.

confession time?
I never cared all that much about Delgado tbqhfampai

Nardole.

>Literally watching Tennant Era
>Literally it's just Tennant screaming in all episodes with his annoying accent
>I hate to see Martha sad when sticking along with him, Donna always too happy and grumpy and Rose, well should be dead in Shekelston season
>"BBC management wants a return to the format from the David Tennant era"
>"When you had a dashing male lead and young female companion"

How old is Bill again?

Also, Tennant is a shame, it's like BBC didn't had no one else to put in the role for the Doctor in that time, Jesus Christ

>The Bechdel test asks whether a work of fiction features at least two women who talk to each other about something other than a man. The requirement that the two women must be named is sometimes added.
Only about half of all films meet these requirements, according to user-edited databases and the media industry press. The test is used as an indicator for the active presence of women in films and other fiction, and to call attention to gender inequality in fiction.

Most (UK) male TV writers attempt to obey this, or be ridiculously accused of misogyny.

yeah the comparison is all wrong. Holmes was a satirist at heart and a action adventure writer in the main. Moffat just looks for the 'clever twist' that he hopes impresses people.

About to watch caves and finish up 5. Really enjoying the show up to this point. Can't really imagine it getting as bad as people say. Any insight guys?

Ok, real question now.

When are we going to see Benedict Cumberbatch in Doctor Who?

Someone have to rescue him from Sherlock just like they did with Capalkino in The Musketeers.

Promise Cucumberbatch as a Doctor, please.

Tennant was only good in Moffat episodes.

Reminder that Tennant is coming back.
Reminder that Matt is coming back.
Reminder that Series 11 will be all about 10 & 11s buddy adventures through time.
Reminder that Capaldi's regeneration will be retconned with 11 waking up from a dream.
Reminder that execs hate Capaldi and want him out for a young man that can print them money.
Reminder that Chibnall Who is the return of meme doctors and soap opera who.
Reminder it will be series 1-4 all over again.

Truly sad times are coming.

Never. He's too famous now.

I watched Daleks in Manhattan and Evolution of the Daleks today, I loved it a lot!

James Strong did it good

Are you implying that Capalkino wasn't famous enough to don't be casted as The Doctor?

Fear Her is actually one of my favorite episodes in the show. The scribble monster was really surprising and I enjoyed the strong family element between the mother and daughter. The scene where the tardis was parked in between was a really standout direction moment. The Olympics brought it down to Earth. Touching and effective Doctor Who.

Interesting post. I think it's not a coincidence that Tennant's best companion was also the oldest and that none of Davison's young companions really clicked with him that well. But then again, 11 and Amy worked pretty well and they were both young.

JUST

btw I'm referring to Donna, not Wilf, when I said Tennat's oldest companion. But Wilf is cool too.

>soap opera who
gets top viewings in UK, whether /who/res like it or not. That's life.

>Old is experience and wisdom, young is experimenting and chance.
but it's not meme-ish and tumblr-y enough

BBC must be pissed at Moffat right now.
Moffat went against the BBC and cast Capaldi.
They wanted younger, but took the risk.
Did it kill the show?

>Did it kill the show?
maybe for the casuals, True fans love capaldi