What was the point of the Japanese sub-plot?

What was the point of the Japanese sub-plot?

Why was it in the movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mDoh_WfL44s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I haven't seen this movie so I'm afraid I can't really answer your question

I'm not really sure why you asked me

Underage pussy.

It was related to the Pitt-Blanchett storyline (the rifle the kid shoots).

pleb filter

If you have to ask such an asinine question than you didn't get the point of the film at all, and probably didn't enjoy it either.

It's just another way to explore the theme of miscommunication

>I haven't seen the movie but let me reply anyway like a dumbass

classic reddit

>gahh if you didn't get it, I don't even need to TRY to explain it to you
Why even respond? Nothing makes you look stupider than a post like this

>we want the weeb demo

Yeah, however it was such a small factor that I don't think it warranted an entire sub-plot, it just felt out of place since the other sub-plots had real time effects and consequences while the Japanese one did not.

>letting this masterfully simple joke slip past you

You aren't even intelligent enough for reddit, and definitely not Sup Forums

You're an idiot. The whole point of the film was like this guy pointed out is miscommunication, and it's not like it's subtle at all.

>hurr le subplot why is there
>dude you're a fucking idiot
>hurr y no u le explain to me, gosh u r le dumb

reexamine your life, bro

SPICY rhetoric

All the stories were related somehow with the incident. In the end, it explains what it has to do with the others.
Damn I remember I really liked this when I watched it but it's been so many years, I can't remember much.
I remember: Pitt with Blanchet, Arab(?) kid, Tokyo story and what else?

>SPICY rhetoric
You asked why a certain subplot was in the film, and to anyone who has seen the film such a question seems stupid because the film isn't so much about plot but about character. Also, you wouldn't be asking that question if you payed attention because there are links between the three storylines. Maybe next time watch the film without looking at your phone every other minute.

The Mexicans

I've never seen this movie

I can't tell you because I haven't seen it, sorry, try to ask someone else

A bloated rehash of Amores Perros

It was made by the same person who made the two greatest films in history, Birdman & The Revenant.

I think you honestly didn't "get" the movie either, and that's why you opened with a hostile non-answer, and follow up with a hostile non-answer where you just steal an explanation from another poster and add absolutely nothing to it

But by all means, please expand on the theme of "miscommunication", the message of the film (the word "miscommunication" is not a message) and the way inarritu explored that theme in the Japanese storyline

I have seen this movie but I can't answer it.

Ask someone who hasn't seen the movie.

There are three storylines: Brad Pitt with his wife vacationing in Afghanistan; Mexican nanny taking Brad Pitt's kids down to Mexico for a wedding; and Japanese deaf girl partying on ecstasy.

You're forgetting the kids who shot Brad Pitt's wife

ye thanks
Yeah, I could remember something about their kids but I thought it was few scenes. Thanks man.
Also, IIRC Pitt's story and the kid's wasn't immediately connected so I took them as different, but I guess they have the same background.

Epic. Upvote.

You're projecting if you think this film was hard to get. Most people could get this, even I, one of the biggest idiots in the world. It should not surprise anyone that I got its principal message.

I didn't steal an explanation, the film's theme is VERY obvious. Iniarritu isn't exactly known for his subtlety. I've seen the film a number of times, I own it on bluray. YOU do realize that all of these assumptions you make just reinforce the notion that YOU didn't get it and have a hard time thinking this is some 2deep4u art movie.

But i'll bite. All of the conflict/problems in the film arise from one character misunderstanding another. In the Japanese setting/storyline this is conveyed through the communication barrier that exists between the daughter and the father, her inability to connect with her peers, and then at the end when the police man investigates the shooting. The film is called BABEL FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

japanese hairy pussies

You know I could go on listing more of these examples of miscommunication that exist in the film. Of course i'll miss a lot of it, but this will be interesting either way, and i'm only doing so because I hate to see this thread die.

Brad Pitt's character and the wife are having troubles. They want different things but they have a hard time putting those differences into words, but no time for that because his wife just got shot by a sandnigger. First world problems, amiright? Who cares if it was just an accident?

Then there is the the whole deal with the little afghans, the issue here is of course that of disobedience, and how they lie about their crime(s) to their father before it is too late. Spoiler, the kid dies because he was an idiot, just like you, lol. Maybe if you were an afghan you wouldn't be making such stupid threads. But who knows maybe you also jerk off to your sister. But even in those vulnerable moments the two brothers fail to communicate with each other.

In the Mexico storyline the miscommunication arises from the differences in culture. The two white kids feel like outsiders among the festivities. When that chicken is decapitated the two white kids are shocked but it's no big deal for the little shitskins. But the real culmination of miscommunication happens at the border. Oh no, got to make a run for it! Tell that to border patrol! Fat mexican lady was only trying to save them white kids, she really meant them no harm!

There are obviously a lot more instances of conflicts that arise from miscommunication that I've missed, feel free to add your own insights.

>trip fag

>deaf person gets lonely in the night club because she can't hear the music
>Inarritu von Fuckcunt doesn't realize in real life lots of deaf people actually love night clubs because they can "hear" the music through the vibrations that the loud music creates

Were they really Afghans? I thought they were Turkish? Insightful post either way.

Fuck I've been wondering what movie had some asian girl showing her pussy to some boys was for years. Started thinking I dreamt it.

The sound track for this movie is top tier

youtube.com/watch?v=mDoh_WfL44s

lmao

It's a film about barriers of communication, you mongoloid. If you can't understand how a deaf person living in a culture like japan is thematically relevant, you should try a little harder.

The Rifle ends up in the kid's hands.

Pro-fact: the writer of the script is a hunter

Pretty sure they were afghani. Last time I saw the film was some 5 or 6 months ago though.

Looks like OP just ditched this thread a long while back. It's comforting to know such an idiot has cowered at the face of knowledge and fact, unable to really add anything of value to the conversation but ask stupid questions. So much for his "le hostile non-answers".

I'm the OP, I wasn't the one to ask for people to respond in a "non-hostile way"

They are actually morrocans

>she's lonely because she can't hear

no she's lonely because she can't get laid you absolute retard. She can't get laid because she can't hear.

Cause Rinko is hot, that's why.

The dad of the Japanese girl sold the gun to the kid who shot the white woman.

He knew his movie was boring so he made up the japanese part to make it good.

Correction: sold the gun to the dad of the kid who used it.

to see her pussy

Godammit, to the neighbor of the dad of the kid. It's been awhile since I've seen this.

>havent seen the movie

since when has that stopped Sup Forums from giving out opinions?

You're so full of shit, boss. You can stop now.

REKT

I dunno. But the only thing I remember about that movie besides that someone got shot is that hairy pussy.

bump

>tfw spent new years eve alone watching this because i didn't have any friends

Feels bad man.

sounds pretty comfy desu

Thank you, Amazon customer answers.