So how's pic related? I was about to cheggit out but after seeing the poster...

So how's pic related? I was about to cheggit out but after seeing the poster, and watching the trailer it was apparent that the MC was wearing this moronic hat throughout the show which REALLY put me more off than it should have. Can the story save it?
I'm this close to remove this show from My List before even watching the pilot

i'm seven eps in, can only stand to watch one episode like every two weeks

I don't understand why this show is popular

>no likeable characters
>hipster cop
>a whole bunch of people on a ship that I can't remember who they are, what they are doing or why I'm supposed to give a fuck
>some old bad bitch that does and says stuff, have no idea what or why

I'm sure there's other stuff that bothers me but I forget, only reason I'm gonna finish it is cause there's only 3 episodes left, but it might take me a few months

He's not the MC, so you're fine.

its pretty good, and the dumb hat gets mocked in character on the show by pretty much everyone.

marathoned half the pilot
its not worth it user

>>Marathoned
>>Half of episode

>images.jpg
>it's one singular image

if you're not retarded then that was pretty funny

He's not the MC, so it's ok. I like the show, but I'm a fan of the books. It can easily get GoT'd in the next couple of seasons, though.

TBF, I'm a sucker for any sci-fi. I think the story is good. I don't like the ACTUAL main character, though I'm sure we're not meant to support him.

I'm on episode 10.

I'm the world's leading authority on science fiction, and I'd say the show is a solid and consistent 7/10.

(As a comparison I'd give Extant 6/10 and S1 of Battlestar Galactica 10/10).

It's good, the space physics are good, there's a real sense of danger in the scenes that are meant to feel dangerous. The plot is "decent". I happen to like hat man, but the other actors are a bit flat.

If you like *space stuff* (not just science fiction) then this is worth watching.

It's pretty good if you like space politics and light conspiracy mystery stuff

Fedora detective is meant to be a bit of a joke and people make fun of his hat constantly. The focus is mostly on a group of survivors of a spaceship destroyed by some new unknown faction and then trying to figure out who's really behind it

>Netflix original

not even once.

Thanks to everyone giving their input, also thanks to the world's leading authority on science fiction. I indeed am a sucker for *space stuff* so I'll watch it this weekend

SyFy. Which I guess is even worse but this broke their mold.

I really liked it. The first half of the season is stronger but was good enough to coast through to the end which sets up what should be an interesting series. The hat is made fun of constantly by other characters and there is a satisfying payoff for the gag near the end.

Well shit, just noticed poster does say Netflix, what the fuck is up with that? Maybe for countries that don't have SyFy?

Netflix Originals is the most retarded confusing downright lie of a name for shows that Netflix buys off other companies at any time to distribute themselves, how the fuck this is allowed is beyond me

>tfw people make a TV series about your dick

I think the first season is SyFy and Netflix is producing the rest

>talking shit about Miller
>ever

Agreed. I looked it up and indeed it's just distributed by them outside US, Canada and New Zealand.

Kinda meh.

The characters are mostly bland and the story focuses on the more boring parts of the setting.

The effects are good and the space battle with the Martian flagship was an enjoyable episode. They should have just made a military sci-fi.

how is miller a hipster?

I hate how Netflix lie and act like this is an Original.They do this with other shows too, for example Peaky Blinders and The Last Kingdom.

Feels like Mass Effect: The Series. Take of that what you will. I like it when there is monster goo stuff happening

who?