Why do Brits celebrate running tails tucked between they legs?

Especially since the French did most of the fighting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VGBYid9x354&t=78s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kapyong
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_for_Outpost_Vegas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoney_War?wprov=sfla1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Balaclava
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_the_United_Kingdom_during_World_War_II
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>hide in houses getting bombed
>eat canned food and complain about the bombs
>cheer when you hear that the RAF destroyed a historic German church on the radio

Ah yes, the British "war effort"

Same reason they celebrate burning down the white house. even though they were chased out of the city by a fucking tornado.

If the existence of the """"""""""""German""""""""""""-American proves anything it's that we didn't firebomb the krautniggers enough

Brits will see everything as a victory and act smug about it. It's in their genes.
That could be seen as a bad mindset but it's just a form of pride.
But they were never extremely humiliated in war so we will never see the true power of their autism.
When I saw a soccer match where England lost, the comments were 90%:
>Our team is still better and that is all what matters

Edge

You really didn't, if you had they'd become pacifist like the Japanese. But oh no, the Brit has to fuck everything up like usual

>someone in trailer said "we will never surrender"
>whole movie is about brits running away

tactical retreat

are you really saying it would have been better for us if they had gotten slaughtered to a man for absolutely no reason or gain, all those men got to continue contributing to the war effort

Don't know why Nolan didn't choose something epic and victorious like the hunt for the Bismarck

>all those men got to continue contributing to the war effort
By sitting on their asses and doing nothing?

Gott strafe England!
youtube.com/watch?v=VGBYid9x354&t=78s

Easier to wring cheap melodrama out of Dunkirk.

nope, by returning on an offensive when it actually made sense to, the west has this thing called value of life

dresden

Neah, it looks totally epic in the trailer. Nolan is a real genius if he can create epic movie about bunch of pussies.

Don't know, Bismarck hunt was pretty dramatic. But I guess it already has enough movies

Given the Breitfart link that user is probably from Dresden himself

>the west has this thing called value of life
Too bad it never showed it in conflicts, lel. Not like I agree with othe other Russian poster though.

Rotherham best day of my life

are you being purposely obtuse or just stupid

can't tell with russians
couldn't give a shit about people from rotheram lmao

>by returning on an offensive
...when soviets already won the war. What a brave solders those brits are.

get a load of this guy

Well, I was playing devil's advocate a bit. To be honest I don't know why he chose this scenario either. I can think of a million things I'd rather see, like a film about Jutland or something, I'm kind of tired of WW2 altogether.

>when soviets already won the war
not exactly m8, there were offensive naval and air campaigns across the channel, in the north sea, in northern germany, and in the north atlantic the whole time, there just wasn't the logistical reasoning to send infantry over the channel until they would actually have a chance of an offensive
but i imagine in soviet spirit, you would recommend telling your troops to swim across the channel or something

also, you can't quite say you won the war when your war budget was literally paid by someone else

Yes, I get it. British solders just feel uncomfortable outside of their safespace-island. That's totally understandable.

>but i imagine in soviet spirit, you would recommend telling your troops to swim across the channel or something

Im just meming i like brits but shit like this is just to funny

what we need is a korean war movie

literally thousands of koreans and chinks massing in human wave attacks against hundreds of burgers, commonwealth cunts and brits, often getting to hand-to-hand combat

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kapyong

you aren't even making sense
I'm not even sure why you are butthurt at me to begin with

Well, he isn't very wrong. 1943 was a decisive year for Germany. After it they were as good as dead and USSR did the most of the job. Of course if Germany didn't attack other countries, we'd probably lost. I'm also greatful for two bombs on Japan. We were an easy target for them, your army saved lots of Russian lives even without having it as a goal.

>I'm kind of tired of WW2 altogether

This.
Too bad ww1 movies don't lead enough normies in the cinema

>there just wasn't the logistical reasoning to send infantry over the channel
Yes, that's totally understandable. Brits and French promise to protect peace in Europe after ww1 but there was no reason to do so.

They saved a whole fucking army you dorkus.

kek i've never looked at Korean war battles but these are soviet level losses

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_for_Outpost_Vegas

a WW1 movie needs to not focus entirely on fighting

If it was following 2 POV's one covering the geopolitics or perhaps a niche segment of it and another covering some fighting that wasn't necessarily trenches on the western front it could be good

>you are butthurt at me
Am I? Is making fun of British "bravery" a sign of butthurt now?

I can't say for the french, but brits continued after dunkirk to interrupt the german war effort, bomb entire cities, target and destroy rail netoworks, industrial targets, removed the german navy, all the while having bombs rain down on their capital without any victory within sight

I know soviet mentality is to just throw millions of troops in crossfire with little accountability for casualties, but the west didn't feel like throwing our infantry into a warzone with little chance of success, we waited until it made sense

fine line between brave and stupid

brits are brave
russians dying in droves for literally no reason is stupid

To be totally honest, this isn't wrong. If we lose at something, we just rearrange it around until it sort of looks like a victory if you squint at it hard.
It's like how we ultimately lost the Hundred Years War, but if you split them into "periods" by the different kings we can say we won the first part

Not everyone thinks sending wave after wave of troops at machine gun outposts is bravery Ivan

Bismarck has a classic movie about it already, and dunkirk is far more famous here anyway
>WW1 geopolitics
yeah m8 sounds perfect for a film

Like I said: pride

how do you justify the American Revolution?

Shut the fuck up you stupid bitch.

We were busy at the time.

>but brits continued after dunkirk
What have they done before germans attack France? Nothing.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoney_War?wprov=sfla1
>brits are brave
Yes, you need a lot of bravery to do what brits did. What is that, by the way?

are you sure justify is the correct word for the question you are trying to ask?

but it goes something like this

british empire reached its peak after the US gained independence
most of the rebels were technically brits anyway, just started a new country
rebelled for the wrong reasons too, taxes back home were much higher than in america
furthermore at the time the american revolution was more of a proxy war between britain and france as a part of the larger ongoing proto-world war between the two countries

only america going to to become what it is today makes the revolution so siginificant, in its day it wasn't actually such a great loss and the best might of the military wasn't actually there

It's not a very important war in British history

>es, you need a lot of bravery to do what brits did. What is that, by the way?

did a brit shag your mum or something?

I just want to know what do you consider bravery.

thanks for the laffs mate

>What have they done before germans attack France? Nothing.
and what did the commies do before germans attack France? literally collaborate with them and take half of poland

bravery comes in many forms
are you asking me to define any act that could be considered brave?
do you want to enter a discussion about the limits of human psychology and risk-taking

There are elements of truth to it.

Yeah I suppose we could have been bravely stabbing eastern europe in the back and getting destroyed by finns during that time instead

He's completely right, though.

Because commies didn't sign Treaty of Versailles.

Britain let Germany take Rhineland, Austria, Czech fortifications, enitre Czechoslovakia and Poland
Soviet Union wasn't even allowed to attend the Munich conference, and it still offered help to Czechoslovakia, and even after that failed they recommended an alliance to stop Germany from getting Poland. Only when that failed did they sign a non aggression pact seeing that France and Britain had no intention of helping the Soviets in case of German attack. And it was a good choice as they obviously weren't ready to take on Germany alone as seen in the winter war.

He's right tho. Americans at the time were considered ignorant morons living in sub-part conditions leading a joke of an Army and were mostly being jerked around by French and British forces. Was this way for a long time.

Just anything brave what brits have done in ww2. Or ever.

>This mad as fuck Ivan
SEETHING

you're right lad brits are genetically incapable of bravery

Watch Braveheart, you silly.

>tfw you forced to look at Scottish butts
So that's how bravery feels like.

not having a dictator who had more in common with grim dark fantasy than contemporary leaders at the time

So they've done nothing?

there is nothing wrong with manly butts if they are on the good side.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Balaclava

what, not how

foreners always make this mistake for some reason

also scottish are just as brit as english

>tom hardy flying a spitfire

Could be good.

>scottish are just as brit as english

Then why didn't they vote for Brexit?

Literally hundreds of thousands of British soldiers still lay buried on European soil through battles in the 20th century alone, stop being a silly cunt.

So no ww2 cases? That's ok, no one blame you.

The whole war from 1939-1945. All of it.

Tom Hardy can't save a bad movie, like Child 44

Well, they're surely proud of their paratroopers and commando units. Such kind of work requires some guts.

>The whole war from 1939-1945
Brits can fight in war without even leaving their island, wow.

I haven't seen that film, but Hardy is really only good when he's playing Tom Hardy. He's playing Eddie Brock/Venom soon.

>commando units
That's just a meme. British special forces is overrated.

No idea what you're on about m8. Britain did a lot of fighting all over the world during WW2. I thought this was quite common knowledge.

>manlet Venom
I really like Tom Hardy as an actor, but that's just funny

>Britain did a lot of fighting all over the world during WW2
In what battles?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_the_United_Kingdom_during_World_War_II

Was just an example of us crushing some cowardly ruskis

>Comics shit again
Oh god.

those who escape alive live to fight another day

No one is immune to capeshit these days.

Burma, North africa, Italy, France/Benelux/Germany, Norway. Not all countries blindly rushed at the same spot until the germans ran out of ammo

>Result Indecisive
Wow, that was crushing indeed.

Just name biggest battle.

Best get reading m8. British soldiers fought all over the world, not just in or around their borders lmao.

Why are they protesting? It was just a fire, right?

Are you really this retarded m80?

Wow Russia sure is brave going to war with Finland a country just made independent with a force 8x the size of the Finnish army
Wow Russia sure is brave going to war with Poland but not declaring it
Wow Russia sure is brave loosing to Germany in every battle in tactics but only winning over once army corp west was smashed and throwing away 2 million "human" lives in mindless bouts of confidence

Back when it was the British getting rough and tumbled against shitskins in impoverished undeveloped shitholes. It's as if the British handed over the torch to the Americans to embarrass themselves on the world stage as an insecure, over compensating super power.

How's British India doing?

I've read it. Brits just stayed close enough to americans so it's looks like they've done something.
C'mon, don't be shy. Name one biggest battle your ancesters fought in ww2.
>but only winning over once army corp west was smashed
>D-day 6 June 1944
>Battle of Stalingrad over at 2 February 1943
?

>have tens of millions of men
>only stay near or around your borders
>still need help from the americans and british for supplies

lmao pretty pathetic. meanwhile the british fought worldwide despite having limited men.

>meanwhile the british fought worldwide
So tell me about their most glorious battles. I've been asking you guys about it since the thread started, but you avoid that question like a plague.