Eyes Wide Shut

I think this scene represents all that this movie means:

youtube.com/watch?v=2R57I6APVpE

00:00 - 00:11 > We hear this because Tom Cruise is paying attention to it, he is paying attention to it because he finds it appealing, just like the orgy, he is like a 13 yo listening his brother talk about a blowjob, you can almost feel his eyes glimmering

00:11 - "He-he-he-hey!" > They discover him eaves-dropping (parallel of the "unmasking" scene)

00:12 - 00:17 > He tries to avoid them but they engage him anyways, he can't escape from them, they have power over him

00:17 - 00:20 > "Merry Christmas Mary!" he is called Mary, implying he is a virgin. In Christmas we celebrate Jesus, whose death and crucifixion is why we deify him. In a way, what this phrase implies is Mary's unvirgining, the intense/life-changing moment of the brutal death of her child that finally kills her innocence

00:20 - 00:30 > The whole point of the guy presenting his butt to him is to go from the crude/unpolite behaviour to the view of the Yale jacket, they are all dressed worse than he is, and speak brashly while he is frozen in his place, but they have more money and power than he has, his sense of superiority derived by his expensive montgomery jacket/leather gloves is stripped away from him in this moment, also pay attention the yale kids all have their hands in their pockets/cotton gloves

00:30 > "I've got DOGS that are bigger than you" - self explanatory, they posses animals that eat their own shit that are bigger than him

This whole movie is about Tom Cruise realizing he is just a worthless manlet

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-n-ojOnrfYk
youtube.com/watch?v=s_b-zpSnoHs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cruise is based, kill yourself

I don't know the name of the character, come on

OK but which girl represents the moon landing?

lol, the fascination with "sekrit messages" just misses the point of the movie all together

i bet you didn't even realize that when the girl ODs at the beggining the party guy is literally pulling his pants up but then he says "she has been like this for the past 5 minutes", implying he was larping necrophilia with her

Or, you know, the more sensible reason that he obviously didn't care about pulling his clothes on when there was a prostitute dying in his bathroom until he called for another dude to examine her

>more sensible
>after party guy is confirmed ritualistic orgy man

Im pretty sure the man who comes ask Cruise to go upstairs is seen in the background waiting as if he knew he was supposed to look for him on a specific moment of the night

Also, look at this
youtube.com/watch?v=-n-ojOnrfYk

He claims
"Nothing happened to her different that had happened before, she had her brains fucked off. Period."

>dated and fucked a great number of attractive women in his life
>muh manlets

Was he the moon landing?

>It was a phony ritual
>She is told she will be sacrificed
>Phony sacrifice
>Had her brains fucked off

ok, maybe, but come on, there's a whole lot of subtext in this movie worth exploring more than this

I don't get it, was Tom Cruise Neil Armstrong

5.10 confirmed

of ffs fuck the internet

>go to reddit
>Muh moonlanding
>try google
>Muh illuminati
>try Sup Forums
>Muh jews
>try Sup Forums
>Manlets are not short!!! Also, moonlanding

Dude, that just means Nicole Kidman was Buzz Aldrin
Calm down

I thought it was DUMPS that are bigger then you

that makes more sense, i was between dogs and dunce

>This whole movie is about Tom Cruise realizing he is just a worthless manlet+ 0 post omitted.
one of my favorite scenes is the day after the orgy/ritual and he walks into a coffee shop and orders coffee

like what the fuck, how surreal would the very IDEA of walking into a shitty restaurant and ordering coffee at the bar be to any of the powerful people at that party? they're god's and he's an ant. and his wife will want to get fucked by ANYONE for the rest of his life no matter what

it's an extremely horrifyingly humbling movie

Apollo astronauts also drank coffee
Just sayin

i don't remember that, im trying to download it to watch it again, the movie is great, very unnerving, and nicole kidman is sexy af in it, specially when they are smoking the joint, almost as hot as shelley duvall

>and his wife will want to get fucked by ANYONE for the rest of his life no matter
>it's an extremely horrifyingly humbling movie
yes, its the definition of cuck acceptance

well no, the reaction to that realization is that he better fuck his wife. that's why the movie ends so simplistically like that

well yeah, but that comes after learning to deal with the paranoid thought that his wife may fuck any nigger at any point in time

also i think his wife never had any experience with the "outer power" other than the mask did she? she just kind of agrees on fucking because of "recent happenings" like as in "to fix the relationship", while his take on it is more related to realizing people around him where having wild sex while he was being a beta fuck

i think nicole kidman didn't believe his story was more than a repressed fantasy

posting more sexy duvall

>>well yeah, but that comes after learning to deal with the paranoid thought that his wife may fuck any nigger at any point in time
but getting into a relationship is precisely because you want to deal with these thoughts. betas always get what has always been happening to betas and there is nothing wrong with this

>but getting into a relationship is precisely because you want to deal with these thoughts

i dunno, i wouldn't call myself "experienced" with women, but i've been with women who worshipped me and women who if i ever took my eyes of would be fucking other guys right 2 cm away from me

in fact, if my paranoid senses are accute, this actually happened to me; i had a girl blew me, went to the bathroom to piss the cum off and when i came back she had just stop kissing another guy who had been flying around her for the last 3 hours

in a way im happy cause my cum was all over his """alpha""" mouth, but in another way i learnt that certain women would always be outside my control

but this other girl was 100% dependent/faithful of me, maybe because i was higher in the social scale

in the case of this movie nicole kidman is like at least 9001 sexual levels ahead Cruise, this pic is very telling

true

I feel like this is one of the only """""""deep"""""""" kubrick movies, where the autistic symbolism actually conveys thematic depth in brilliant and genius ways

god i want to agree with you since you are the only poster here who isn't shitposting about the moon, but the ones ive seen are all very good and multilayered, though it is true that this one stands above the others i've seen

what others have you seen?

well let me put it this way; it's the only one that's worth being praised the way that, say, the Shining is praised

Paths of Glory, Barry Lyndon, and Dr. Strangelove are all very straightforward "deep" movies

but to me The Shining does increase in goodness because of how meticulous it was made. 2001 is amazing but, despite one of the most famous meticulous Kubrick works of all time, all of its meaning is up front, and the autistic detail nitpicking serves no purpose

in EWS you can pick apart thousands of layers, detail every scene, focus on ANY character, and you will see revelations and meditations on the movies thematic material

yep, i agree 100% with this, 2001 is way more explicit, given there is no dialogue you focus on the visual aspect and can "read it", shining is very good but again, its explicit once you realize characters are lying and you should read it visually

barry lyndon and paths of glory i haven't seen, but dr strangelove is straightforward, maybe "deep" through the implied themes

EWS however, like you say, it has layers upon layers upon layers, its built like a dream, you can read it in many ways and all of them relate to the other readings in some way; all together create a very real-like symbolic experience in which its not about a "message" but rather a "real-life like situation" from which you take as much as you are able to perceive/understand

just the "unmasking" theme, man that's a real masterful use of sound

00:36

youtube.com/watch?v=s_b-zpSnoHs

>"I've got DOGS that are bigger than you"
He clearly says "dumps", as in turds.

god, he's really short isn't he?

This is some dumb Letterbox'd tier general wankery ITT.

Go back to Sup Forums.

5,7 is perfectly FINE!!!!!

fuck off, Sup Forums is way more cancer than this, they can't even justify their opinions other than "lol, im going to this local small club and im friends with all the locals, go Arca!"

What did his wife gang fuck dream mean? Was it actually real?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>