First Trailer

>First Trailer
>Serious and mysterious
>John Goodman
>Second trailer
>LE EBIN QUIPS! QUIPS FOR EVERYONE! QUIIIIPPPPSSSSS!
>LET'S PUT THE LE FUNNY GUY FROM TIM AND ERIC IN THE MOVIE AND HIM QUIP!!!

Jesus Christ, what the fuck happened to this fucking movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EICpP6pmn7o
youtube.com/watch?v=AYaTCPbYGdk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It wants to make money.

>>LE EBIN QUIPS! QUIPS FOR EVERYONE! QUIIIIPPPPSSSSS!

wow you sure showed the movie what for.

die hard, lethal weapons, and the original had some what you mouthbrether call quips, and that's what make them entertaining movie, you basement dwellers are just shitting on things despite being completely wrong to the core

Movies like BvS, X-Men Apocalypse, and Heart of the Sea bombed.

Movies with quips (Star Wars ep 7, Deadpool, Avengers, ect) didn't.

Hollywood is just responding to the trend.

>>BvS
>Apocalypse
>bombed

they didn't actually

The difference is those movies had a competent grasp of tone so the humor was used when appropriate and didn't undercut all of the tension of the film by having character smirk into the camera and quip when facing death and destruction.

Look at Sam Raimi's Spider-Man movies for a modern blockbuster with appropriate use of humor that doesn't annihilate the tone. Those movies on the whole are lighter and funnier and more "comic booky" than any blockbusters but it was used appropriately:

youtube.com/watch?v=EICpP6pmn7o

Read: I'm a fucking pleb who has never seen John C. Reilly outside of Adult Swim and as Will Ferrell's sidekick

>Reilly heard King Kong and saw the rest of the cast thought "FINALLY a chance for me to get back to serious work and not play a quippy comedy sidekick"

>The difference is those movies had a competent grasp of tone so the humor was used when appropriate and didn't undercut all of the tension of the film by having character smirk into the camera and quip when facing death and destruction.

the scene in die hard when mclane is in the vent shaft, is exactly what you are mentioning, so you are wrong.

about spiderman, it's not very funny actually it just had this raimi tone, kind of cartoonesk.

and about king kong you havent seen the movie yet, the first trailer looked dull and boring, but the new one looked cool actually.

what i'm saying is that op is a fucking retard basicaly, and so is this guyhumor should be in every movie that aimed to be entertaining, and screaming " OMG OMG HE DID A JOKE!! IMMERSION RUINEEEDDD REEEEE " i just beyond all retardness

Come on now you're just fucking around
>that's Kong, he's king around here

literaly " OMG OMG HE DID A JOKE!! IMMERSION RUINEEEDDD REEEEE " The post

we both havent seen the movie dude, maybe it goes well in it,i dont know, but personaly it didnt chocked me in anyway.

Yeah we both haven't seen the movie but were saying the trailer looks like shit

Does anyone else get a Vietnam/Iraq/Syria vibe like I feel like their trying to portray a war is bad message

Jesus you post like such a cunt. Just fuck off, no one is gonna read anything you post.

i think the trailer look pretty good honestly, way better than most trailer iv seen recently.

listen you are basicaly hating because there is comedy in a blockbuster, do i have to spend anymore time trying to explain to you how stupid it is ?

yea you dont sounds like a major cunt either bro ;^)

>humor should be in every movie that aimed to be entertaining

Please kill yourself

nice argument you got there, i'm still right

From the writers of Godzilla 2014.

Not an argument

It's a remake of King Kong, what the fuck are you expecting here? retard shit

You just don't understand snarky, self-loathing, self-gratifying, millennial humor

I get the feeling that Reilly's character is meant to be a mentally unstable WWII vet who was stranded on the island, the way the shots are done and the quips he makes seem way out of context in the trailer, like they decided afterwards that they should re-edit them to be "funny."

>We want the Marvel audience

Another note, he's got a WW2 era US Airforce bomber jacket, and then later a WW2 Japanese uniform and officer's sword. I'm thinking some sort of "enemy mine" situation happened to him, like he got shot down and befriended a Japanese guy who got shot down too, got killed by kong or whatever, now Reilly is all mentally fucked up and unstable.

>John C. Reilly

he has no dramatic credibility anymore, he's ruined it on stupid reddit shit

i wish he would do more drama since he was based as fuck in Magnolia

i hate all marvelshit but am actually excited for this. looks like a truly entertaining and /comfy/ movie.

stop being edgefags

>this meme again

btw i hate marvel with a passion

>this is what happens to anons when DC keeps failing at capeshit.

This

i second this, also many of the new "blockbuster" trailers spoil way too much from the actual movie
kong, arrival, valerian, even star wars showed too much footage, not that id expect some great stories from these movies, but at dont spoil the whole storyline

would be much more hyped for kong if i had only seen the first trailer

NOW WATCH ME QUIP

WATCH ME MAYMAY

I don't like quips because of how they are usually directed, they are so obtrusive and obvious

This looks like a lot of fun though

The tone of the first trailer would have been perfect for this movie, a pulp period piece monster film full of adventure, death and a sense that the characters are in constant danger

But now it's just a YUK YUK fest like the Marvel movies and will probably be PG13. WB needs to go fuck itself.

>It Ain't Me starts playing

It was like watching a trailer for Land of the Lost (the Will Ferral one).

Why hire such a meme actor like John C. Reilly???

Bomb eminent

Because he was in GOTG

Nah I don't think it'll flop, even WB's shitty movies still make money, which is a good thing for their uncreative studio

youtube.com/watch?v=AYaTCPbYGdk

APOLOGIZE