ITT: Movies that are supposedly funny but they actually aren't

ITT: Movies that are supposedly funny but they actually aren't

This piece of shit
>american "humor"

>Gallahad having modern british bantz with lancelot, calling him out for being a homo
>Snarky uppity peasant flinging mud into a basket while going off about politics
>That reporter getting murdered by the knight, causing a rift in the plot that blurs the lines of ancient and modern
>Takes all the tropes and shits on them

This movie is based, ur just a pleb m8

Animal House

Sup Forums has a weird hatred for anything Python.
I think it's because of how cringey fans of the films are, they often just spontaneously quote lines from the films and Circus out of context and think it's hilarious each time.

And you know Sup Forums, they can't just seperate fans from source material.

National Lampoon movies
American Pie movies

You start

I cant stand anything judd apatow has ever made.

maybe if you're 12.
I have trouble believing annoying python fans is a problem for anyone past junior high

>john cleese forgot the name of his wizard character in during the take so he just said tim
absolutely based

>Anons that think they have good taste but actually have shit taste

I mean, I see where you're coming from.

It is quite funny, but I was more gently amused than laughing aloud most of the time. I'm more a Fawlty Towers sort of guy than a Monty Python sort.

Grail's fine.

Brian's better.

>this is considered a masterpiece in Poland
Maybe something was lost in translation but I didn't find it clever or funny
yeah I know, dude communism lmao but still

Anything by Mel Brooks.

I don't understand where the joke is supposed to be.

when you once said it is funny because you were such a hipster it is pretty hard to backpedal. Thus the circle of unfunny continues.
yeah, it is shit like every monty python

The joke is Jews.

It's literally like Jews got together and decided that Mel Brooks and Woody Allen were funny when they're very clearly not.

They would just be pretentious dicks about it even though the joke is nowhere to be found, and be like oh you don't get it, over and over again until goyims were guilted into "enjoying" these HORRIBLE fucking movies.

The exception on Allen being Annie Hall, which is clearly a great movie.

What have you seen by mel brooks? I find it inconceivable that anyone could not like his stuff

springtime for hitler

>hating on a beloved classic movie for cheap replies

You're so smart edgy user how can I be more like you

Big Lebowski

okay, go back to Mall Cop then and leave the good stuff for us

so, so wrong. It hurts

Both examples of movies I used to like and thought they were funny, but the fans utterly fucking ruined it. The nonstop random quoting lines from the movies so damn often that I grew to hate them both. And never want to be taken as a fan of either because of association with those fucks.

Elf

I'll say Blazing Saddles didn't age well, but the villain parts of Spaceballs is still hilarious

Are TV shows allowed?

I hated Blazing Saddles when I was young. Rewatched it at 25 a few weeks back and I loved it. It's great and I can't imagine there being anything that could have become outdated.

What didn't you understand? It's full of great humor

>kid is acting weird
>Uh, do you do drugs?
>Everyday, sir
>That's a good lad

At worst, Dangerfield wasn't at this funniest here (he's usually funnier but the movie context might be at faul) but he still does great.

this is so true. apparently the reason it makes no sense plotwise is because they cut the plot to make room for jokes otherwise the movies was like 3 or 4 hours. Funny thing is, the jokes all suck, except that Chevy Chase and Bill Murray scene.

Best thing out of that movie was the Kenny Loggins theme

When I rewatched it I did do it with other people which always makes things less funny to me whereas I watched Spaceballs alone, so that could be the problem.

Agreed.

Did not find this shit funny at all.

>plot makes no sense
It really is quite confusing. I'm pretty sure you can understand it but the idea that they cut it up fits the weird mood.

It's plenty funny though.

Damn, Sup Forums is full of weird fags tonight.

if you find the movie funny I'm not gonna try to take that away from you. At least we can all agree that the plot is insane.

Caddyshack is the ultimate fucking meme movie.

It's that movie you're supposed to love because it's a classic and has an amazing cast, but it has aged fucking terribly. Almost every joke is incredibly dated and unfunny and there is barely any plot to speak of. Monty Python has aged ten times better than this shit. Seriously I can watch so much older comedy and laugh, hell even appreciate it for how funny it probably once was, but not Caddyshack.

I didn't laugh. Comedy is inherently low-brow, so not for me I suppose.

I got news for you: this is Sup Forums...redditor.

Good post which I agree with

ITS

MONTY PYTHON'S

back to Sup Forums with you

Blazing Saddles is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Yeah well that's just like, your opinion, man.

Hot Fuzz

I love both, fuck you guys.

mel brooks is funny you fucking faggot get out of here with your rhetoric

and he makes fun of his own jewishness all the time so dont come at me with some goyim bullshit you fucking queer