Is Disney not aware of the phrase "Too much of a good thing is a bad thing"?

Is Disney not aware of the phrase "Too much of a good thing is a bad thing"?

Even EP7 is already suffering from problems the Marvel flicks have. Mainly that there isn't a memorable soundtrack, which is unheard of in a Star Wars movie and it's only going to get worse with each new movie.

Hell, In 6 years from now Star Wars is going to be a lifeless husk at the rate Disney is milking it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P1a_0lAGpLA&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd&index=12
youtube.com/watch?v=mnCsqnrL644
youtube.com/watch?v=cUBUlKgsNK8&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd&index=23
youtube.com/watch?v=VwNpmpBC-t0&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd&index=19
youtube.com/watch?v=xJzuanMUuS4
youtube.com/watch?v=KBikbfD3Tzw
youtube.com/watch?v=TrmWoBneIww&list=PL8D5935EF8A7A0F61
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pretty much. Disney is destroying the film industry.

Since it Disney I dont really mind it. The odds of them accidentally making something decent while shitting out movies are probably better than if they'd really try

>too much money is a bad thing

c'mon, fampai.

Disney universe bro!
Marvel universe bro!
Conveyor belt movies bro!

Star Wars is slowly becoming a commercial franchise.

The Han Solo spin off will be the worst one. And hopefully will teach them the lesson of not over doing it with all the spin offs.

Or do like rogue one is doing and just completely focus on different characters.

how did it creep up on us??

Star Wars has been THE commercial franchise for 40 years bro, literally every "franchise" since 1985 has been trying to be the next star wars

Is it inevitable that Disney will start releasing two star wars movies every year at one point?

If Rogue One does successful, probably.

It worked for the MCU. Teenagers still aren't sick of superheroes.

>The Han Solo spin off will be the worst one

What if they do a Leia movie?

i think that was the joke

oh
well I'll be on my way

To think that this franchise started as a weird low-budget art film by the guy who made THX 1138... nobody wanted to touch it. Flying space dogs, British gay robots, "force"? No chance.

Maybe they could find a new franchise if they let some young visionary do whatever the fuck he likes

Good. I've been waiting for some kitsch to come out of hollywood. Some of these will probably be blaxploitation-tier awfulness. Should be fun.

>It worked for the MCU

The MCU is just a bunch of mindless action flicks. So it of course it works. Star Wars is a space opera/western. With actual story elements in it.

Unless Disney is trying to turn Star Wars into the SWCU, it won't work.

wake me when they aim one towards adults

they've already made the franchise a joke by rebooting the OT.

They pretty much already have.

The only good thing I'll say about TFA is its production values trump Marvlel's movies. They won't be able to keep that up.

>even episode 7 is suffering from problems.

user, Ep 7 was a smash hit with both audiences and critics, and made Disney a shit ton of money.

People bitching about it on Sup Forums a year later is not a problem for episode 7. At least not for Disney.

They are wrecking it on purpose.

>Mainly that there isn't a memorable soundtrack
The fuck are you talking about? The soundtrack is great.

youtube.com/watch?v=P1a_0lAGpLA&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd&index=12

youtube.com/watch?v=mnCsqnrL644

youtube.com/watch?v=cUBUlKgsNK8&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd&index=23

youtube.com/watch?v=VwNpmpBC-t0&list=PLXaH20eIS38YEFXTknF7NQ-qotr-MU3Wd&index=19

youtube.com/watch?v=xJzuanMUuS4

youtube.com/watch?v=KBikbfD3Tzw

Why would they care? Executive performance is measured by annual profit not profit 10 years from now when some other schmuck is the new ceo

>posts a year old article for (you)s

>>even episode 7 is suffering from problems.
>user, Ep 7 was a smash hit with both audiences and critics, and made Disney a shit ton of money.

So the prequels were great according to you?

Also the Michael Bay Transformers series is the pinnacle of filmmaking since they make the most money?

Why are "it made money" fags never consistent?

>Is Disney not aware of the phrase "Too much of a good thing is a bad thing"?

Of course they are, that's why the Disney Vault exists.

But Star Wars is not special.

Critics love TFA. Critics don't love Transformers. Fucking autismo take a deep breath, calm down, then read. Maybe leave your room too.

There will be more Star Wars movies released between 2015 and 2021 than there were between 1977 and 2005

Critics seem to love most Disney properties.

What are you implying?

The Force Awakens = The Empire Strikes Back > Star Wars > Return of the Jedi = Revenge of the Sith > The Phantom Menace > Attack of the Clones

What are you implying?

Nothing. It's not like a studio that can literally pass legislation would ever be able to influence media figures.

He's implying that critics are paid off by Disney.

He's implying that you're implying that critics are paid off by Disney.

I don't even know why people like Star Wars.

Shit is literally retarded

>Marvel
>memorable soundtrack

I don't know why this surprises people. there are many heroes, are they all supposed to have their personal soundtrack? are they supposed to all use the same soundtrack? it doesn't work, no matter what. Spidey has his own, Cap kind of has his own. but if you give all heroes their own, it is IMPOSSIBLE for Marvel to have a Star Wars/Jurassic Park/007 tier soundtrack.

DC doesn't have a memorable soundtrack either, just in case any of you cunts think otherwise. it's impossible for capeshit.

memorable =/= good

Because of laser swords and telekinesis.

George Lucas
>spaced out the series so it would maintain its hype factor in the public eye
>gave birth to LucasArts, producing great vidya
>introduced great non-film spin offs in the EU like Heir to the Empire
>films have poetry while consistently introducing new stuff so it wouldn't be aping of the OT

Disney
>marvelized the series, producing annual movies until franchise fatigue sets in
>killed LucasArts, outsources vidya to EA if not cheap mobileshit
>rendered the EU non-canon yet copies from it for the new movies
>films lack poetry and rather copies the OT in every possible way

>Star Wars is a space opera/western
it's a fucking action movie for kids, get your head out of your ass

They will run this franchise into the ground.

I thought the worst was over after the prequels. I'm fucking sick of Star Wars and I have been for over 2 decades.

>space opera
It's a b-movie that aging fat fucks get a nostalgia complex about, even though it's actually not that good.

I personally think Rogue One will make less than $700m. hell, wouldn't be surprised if it were in the $500m range

>star wars
>good

>"Too much of a good thing is a bad thing"

this phrase isn't even relevant here,they are just making the thing,it's up to youhow much and when you want to consume it and the amount that is 'too much' is different for each individual

one movie per year is not too much for me, ten movies in one day would be to much

Of course Disney isn't aware. They can't hear themselves think because of the sound of shekels being poured into their bank account.

they don't care
disney owns a monopoly on films now, they'll milk a franchise as long as they can and when it stop profiting they'll move to another one

More like Reshoot One: A Star Bore Story.

>Soundtrack in capeshit

LMAO, although The Dark Knight trilogy had a few good tracks though.

Star Wars is gay as fuck nigga

none memorable, nowhere near the levels of 007 and the like.

I called this when Lucas sold out.

Movies were never supposed to be assembly line productions. The jews ruined it

They're going to run the franchise into the ground but they don't really care as long as they can sell toys.

Disney IS the film industry. They own everything.

We can't fight this OP. It pains me to say it but even if we where to boycott it they would not stop.

It's not Disney fault though, it's people's fault for supporting this kind of shit. Disney is like a dealer, they'll supply them with their fix for as long as they demand it. Once they get bore and stop paying for it they'll just move to the next...

It's the same with the game industry or even politics... we have underestimated the power of dumb people in large numbers.

true
LOL MAGIC AND SHIT IN SPACE

gotta like something.

How bout deez nuts faggot?

Isn't Star Wars basically just an SJW propaganda crusade now?

One of the writers was ranting on Twitter about how the Empire was a white supremacist organization

>Disney
>Aware
They are literally the quintessential corporate entertainment machine, the only thing they're aware of is market research and how best to keep everything squeaky clean and family friendly
They'll milk Star Wars for all it's worth, and when people stop showing up to the movies they'll just keep selling Darth Vader T-shirts in Walmarts across the nation, just like they'll do with the MCU
In a perverted way, they'll almost be doing Star Wars a kindness by giving it the death it's deserved for 30 or so years

No that was his wife's son using his account.

Would Superman be anywhere near as good as it is without it's score??

youtube.com/watch?v=TrmWoBneIww&list=PL8D5935EF8A7A0F61

star wars was always shit tier
get some real taste plebs

>new franchise by a visionary director
What are you going on about pesky goy
You'll watch your yearly sequels and rehashes made by a board of executives going off of whatever focus testing tells them is hip and safe, and you'll like it

Didn't Walt Disney hate Jews because they locked him out of their animation studios, forcing him to start his own?

And now his company is run by them

This is almost objectively correct. Tfa is worse than a frown

>slowly
>becoming

They didn't like some of their live action remakes. Or the Pirates series other than the first.

This is wrong. TFA should have a "meh it's ok" face, TPM should have the guy vomiting, and ROTS should have a frown.

A FORCE TREE?

Yeah. But nothing memorable. Even the prequel series were capable of making memorable tracks, like duel of fates and that mustafar duel music from ep 3

I'm not gonna bother with any movies other than the main series. Otherwise it'll all be diluted to hell like capeshit is now

>Kylo Ren's theme and the Resistance's theme aren't memorable

But both of those tracks are utterly mediocre, you tasteless autist.

>Being this buttblasted because of your nostalgia

This. The Episodes are the only ones that matter.

they're all gonna suck anyway

>Doubting based Rian Johnson

>having faith in disney
WEW

also literally who

Uh, Star Wars was never aimed towards adults

The music was way too low in that movie. Too low at times when it had to be louder to be memorable.

>Star Wars
>a good thing

8 Star Wars movies.
The main plot of 4 has revolved around blowing up a death star.

The soundtrack was great, problem was it felt too quiet in theaters.

>Lucas knew this would happen
>he didn't just hire a chump director to do his dirty work and continued to collect fat royalties

there's been 4 death stars?

it's been one since 1977

I'm just hoping we get that Ewan Obi Wan kino we deserve.

The storygroup is there to not allow this to happen. But we'll see what happens within the next 10 years.

Correct

Fuck 'em. I wasted my time with TFA but I'm not watching Star Wars ever again.

literally perfect. Clones and TFA are trash, ROTS is GOAT

you joke but lucas was as indie as it gets

I'm sure after they episodic releases are done, they'll reassess what they wanna do with franchise.
Disney already made their money back on the Lucasfilm deal.
I don't see yearly Star Wars theatrical releases being a thing.