Why was this so good?

Why was this so good?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_F._Horn
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Why was this so dull?

ftfy

Because JK Rowling actually wrote it and the woman is a wonderful storyteller. Yes, she's a terrible writer, but her mind is truly unique.
Go back to your containment board, faggot.

>"user Im used to men thinking dirty things the first time they see me but thats a little too far, Im sorry bye"

it was boring
most simple story of all times
still its the first movie i saw in 2016 where everyone applauded at the end and i saw a lot of them

Because you have terrible taste and no standards

Your mind is rotted constant consumption of capeshit and star wars

>JK is a wonderful story teller
>Her mind is unique
>Its a high school anime
>Its a MAGICAL high school anime
>Its a MAGICAL high school anime that has most of its interesting world building tacked on after the books were released

Honesty wouldn't be surprised if most of her interesting world building elements are fan made that she read in online fanfiction and decided to add into her story.

It's gotta be the best

Worked within the HP world without being a cockriding cash grab like TFA.

*BEAST

Anyone else get the feeling that were going to have a Harry Potter EU similar to the Star Wars EU soon? I could easily see them making some comics that tell different little stories in the universe and maybe a few games here and there. I just want to get to the point that you can buy a Harry Potter reference book similar to Star Wars.

Man, this middle-aged lesbian. He's a decent actor and all but fuck, i can't stand his face for some reason.

I just watched this too and I spent the entire trailer repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my seat for the last 30 seconds it was so painful.

>Ayy quirky fairy movie lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

The world building is always fun, and they do a pretty good job on the special effects. Some of Newt comes across as basically Dr. Who, being a visitor that is more competent than the angry local peasants swarming around him. There is a mystery going on, which is good to have. Only kinda odd thing about the mystery is that Newt isn't really aware of it for most of the film, and not really seeking any goal other than collecting his critters, until the finale is dropped in his lap. He seems capable of reaching the end on his own, but doesn't really have to do the specific work to get there.

Come on, you know a cute girl like that has to keep a leather gimp suit in the next room for when she entertains guests.

Who was the best sister?

It's Better Harry Potter Phantom Menace

A prequel, huge use of CGI, goofy comic relief gets a lot of screen-time, meant to set up the other movies etc.

Kino t b h. Main character is autistic and Grindewald's point of view really isn't proven wrong at all. Probably the best of the Harry Potter movies.

I loved it. I'm gonna watch it again tomorrow. 10 times better than doctor strange imo.

Warner Brother's Harry Potter # 9 - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Part 1 of 5 is more than just a bad film. It's deeply disturbing. The global seizure of culture by vast corporate entities is finally complete. The latest wizard franchise product arrived to much critical acclaim (78% Rotten Tomatoes), reflecting nothing more than the total success of a decades-long effort to suppress critical thinking through meticulous control of the press and the intentional degradation of the education system.

It was charming and entertaining. I disliked the beasts, i thought they were kind of uncreatively designed. And the whole avengers type of ending- big destructive fight in the middle of the city-is really getting old. But it's for the kids and they'll love it imho

Well, I suppose it depends on one's definition of "good," really. After all, it's a film based on a new novel by the author of one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Fantastic Beasts reminded me of BvS and SS. Fucked up editing, shit loads of money being thrown around, 9 endings, constant tone shifts and a boring and confusing narrative. What the fuck happened to WB? They must have the same shitty producers on every movie.

They kicked out the guy that had quality control on lock because they thought he was getting too old and out of touch
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_F._Horn

now he works for disney

The movie was a fucking mess

The soundtrack was terrible
And David Yates is a hack

>Main character is autistic
I was distracted by how hard it seemed for the character to look people in the eye. Kind of reflects poorly on me when I didn't even notice the lack of eye contact until half way through.
>Some of Newt comes across as basically Dr. Who
This. There were points in the film where I realized you could swap out a few of the characters and basically have a Doctor Who episode.

Colin Farrell really wasn't the right choice for that role

JK struck gold with the Harry Potter universe, she's been unsuccessful in all her other endeavours, why would she not milk it for all its worth? I mean say what you want about it but you have to admit there's a lot of stories that can still be told, both in the past and the future, even following different characters during the Potter years.

If I had such a profitable IP to my name, I know I'd extend my universe as far as I could.