what did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CiNOqHCn55k
youtube.com/watch?v=-m02P3_UzPI
youtube.com/watch?v=7PxYfaYKpf4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I KNOW THAT YOU MAY TAKE A WHILE
>TO COME BACK AROUND

>feeder.... come back around...i'm ricky gervais on XFM 104.9. with me.... stephen merchant.

>hellooo

>and the bald round headed twat, karl pilkington

>alright?

>It's a Karl says something genuinely interesting and Ricky and Steve say it's the dumbest thing they've ever heard

What he said about the clones was actually very interesting 2bh

Childhood is idolizing Karl. Adulthood is realizing Ricky makes more sense.

>tfw you realise it's all fake
I can't listen to these anymore

LITERALLY prove this, except for that fact that "b-but karl once messed up a story! it has to be fake!"

XFM was real, everything after wasn't

Did he mean knob as in dick or knob as in door knob?

>Nobody likes to pick on an invalid...
>...
>...
>Alright we'll be with you after the break
>[muffled: are we just gonna let that slide?]
>[yes] see you soon

Hmm.. really makes you think

>its a ricky interrupts monkey news saying it better not end with a monkey doing something despite knowing full well the story is going to end with a money doing something

>just leave it, steve

Literally the funniest part of the show

That's undeniable proof though. You don't just forget that a story happened to your dad and not you. It's obvious that he just memorized a story and messed up the details.

steve, you don't go on holiday because you don't like to spend money
HES DONE YOU AGAIN

>there is over 100+ hours of podcasts
>he messed up ONE story out of hundreds

>Karl has been in the public eye for 15+ years now
>Has never "broke character"

huh, really makes you think

>something's said

This.
It's all fake. I listened from the beginning and you can literally hear the breaks and shifts in Karl's character over time. It's a character. All of them are acting and going along with it. Now, that doesn't mean that some parts weren't genuinely funny, because they were. It just means it's contrived shit and it kind of ruins the magic.
It's just an act. One which he milked and made an entire career from.

>has never broke character
You must a genuine autist then, because you'd have to be to miss the glaringly obvious character breaks throughout his career.

Go ahead, name 3 examples. I'll wait.

monkey grabs the money and the gun, starts backing out the door

best monkey news story

I don't think Karl is fake. Yes, he's obviously playing up to his dim "character". In the early shows I think this was just to wind Ricky up. After that he realised how popular it was and just kept it up. He's the producer after all. All three of them are playing up to characters but I don't think any of it is fake, just embellished for the purposes of great radio.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely gonna waste fucking hours of my life going through 15 years worth of material just to prove to some dumb cunt that I'm right anyway.
Watch from the beginning and see for yourself, you stupid fuck.

The character is contrived. Meaning, they probably met Karl, saw the potential (he sounds dumb as shit and looks funny) and fucking brainstormed the whole character, and it just evolved naturally after that. I wouldn't put anything past Ricky Gervais.
The stories, a large majority of them are blatantly bullshit and made up as Karl goes along. It doesn't mean they're not funny, but it's pretty obvious. Karl is basically slack jaw northerner council estate humour personified. I've met people exactly like the character in real life and they have no clue.

Gervais and Merchant both act as a laugh track occasionally. At times it was hard to listen to.

>not a single photo exists of karl and suzanne in public in the 10+ years he's been famous

>y'know, you're an odd lookin fella...well there's no point pretending anymore
>but also you don't like spending money
>valentine's day

As I said before, the idea of someone being famous for 15 years, with constant public appearances, fan meetings and just general public interaction and not breaking character once is beyond stupid to believe. yes, some stories may be embellished for the show, but the idea of Karl being a "character" is just plain dumb

Listened multiple times to all their stuff and, other than Karl having a laughing fit one time, I can't recall him ever 'breaking character'. If you can't be bothered to name at least one occasion then your argument is worthless.

Yeah it's not that difficult, mate. His "comedy" was basically him telling stories, and saying stupid shit. He was barely in the public eye throughout all of it anyway, I've even heard him say he hates it and avoids it. When people stop him in the street, I don't think he's ranting about shit like on the show, etc.
Also, I'm not implying it's entirely seperate like someone playing a character in a movie, more, it's some extension of his personality in a way. As I said, it's identical to slack jaw northern council estate humour. (Exactly where he grew up)

Oh yeah, of course you have, mate. I bet.
It's not that I can't be bothered, I just genuinely don't care for "learnering" some anonymous retard.
Why would I make it up? It's fucking obvious as shit to anyone who isn't autistic.
>"Your argument is worthless"
Alright Molyneux, calm down now.

The podcasts are fake, nothing more than an act to pander to the fans. The actual XFM stuff is real.

turns out... little monkey prostitute

They sat down and wrote out the podcasts bit by bit where the entire XFM series is ad libbed

How does it mean that the entire show is fake?
How do you know that Karl doesn't just lie of his own volition?
People lie, people make up stories all the time irl.

was that the one where karl could barely even tell the story because he was laughing so hard?

my favorite was koko
>he speaks....highly educated....photographer...

>still not one actual example
>'w-why would I spout shit on the internet'
>buzzwords
If you don't care enough to support your argument then don't make it.

those are the best episodes

Oldest fake in the universe.

>IF IT TURNS OUT IT WAS A MONKEY WE ARE NEVER DOING THIS PODCAST AGAIN!
>It was a monkey.
>See you next week folks.

Alright argument man, that'll do.
I don't waste time on dumb cunts or faggots, bro.
Enjoy lifelong mediocrity.

>Karl put up with Ricky calling him an idiot constantly every.single.episode for 10 years

Do you ever think Karl had the urge to just spout "Get fucked, cunt."?
God, it annoys me how Ricky acts so superior over Karl because he has a basic understand of science and philosophy.

they were the monkeys from another part of the island

...from the rough bit

Was that "how would you know which one you were"?

>mfw, genuinely

Bye, hope you have a nice weekend m8

youtube.com/watch?v=CiNOqHCn55k

user you obviously lost just exit the thread gracefully

Yeah, that's the one.

KARL, IF THE MONKEY DRIVES THE CAR TO SPAIN, I SWEAR-- WE'RE-- YOU'RE NEVER TALKING AGAIN IF IT DRIVES TO SPAIN

daily reminder there are people who have never experienced the joy and banta of these three and we'll never get to live it again

I'm not that user, but to be honest you got BTFO

There is an episode of XFM, I just can't find it, it's like a weird long lost dream i had, but it's so fucking odd, any of you anons know it? Basically, ricky and karl are heated towards each other the past couple of eps and it leads up to this boiling point where Karl, so out of character, just goes insane, and as he gets to boiling point, he full blown, SCREAMS. I don't mean like small scream, like full monty, but as he does this, the music is played to dull him out, and then when the song stops, you can tell something really awkward happens but they play it off

either season 2 or season 3, FUCK i WISH I COULD FIND IT

BTFO how? Lmao.
Becuase I didn't provide proof for this faggot? So what? Let him waste his own time searching through 15 years of material for breaks in character which last maybe 10 seconds.
I don't care if remains ignorant to the "truth" of it for the rest of his days or not...
Pay me per hour and I'll find you tons of proof, faggot

Samefag

>not ''alright kirsty''

>being this btfo
its like when ricky was wrong about the moons rotation

XFM had listeners in the thousands. Do you really think Steven and Ricky would take the time to plan out an hour long show and write a script every single week for something this small time? Keep in mind S1 of The Office had already aired before XFM S1 so they were already big names, and were in the process of writing S2 while they were doing the radio show.

The podcasts were planned though. I don't think it was scripted but it was definitely all planned out. They even re-told a bunch of XFM stories like it was the first time, but you'd expect that now that they had listeners in the millions.

no one is saying they wrote a script that covered everything, but i have no doubt gervais and merchant came up with a large amount of the ideas and stories karl would tell
no radio show would ever work being 100 percent scripted, it would be boring as fuck

it's more they had a list of ideas and stories to talk about and karl used them and improvised some bits as well

We already knew Steve does the same, Karl's stories were the only ones anyone cares about and if they're fake the whole thing might as well be.

>breaks in character which last maybe 10 seconds.
Your feelings are not proof.

didn't happen

WARNING! Carry on reading! Or you will die, even if you only looked at the word warning! Once there was a little girl called Clarissa, she was ten-years-old and she lived in a mental hospital, because she killed her mom and her dad. She got so bad she went to kill all the staff in the hospital so the More-government decided that best idea was to get rid of her so they set up a special room to kill her, as humane as possible but it went wrong the machine they were using went wrong. And she sat there in agony for hours until she died. Now every week on the day of her death she returns to the person that reads this letter, on a Monday night at 12:00 a.m. She creeps into your room and kills you slowly, by cutting you and watching you bleed to death. Now send this to ten other pictures on this one site, and she will haunt someone else who doesn't. This isn't fake. apparently, if you copy and paste this to ten comments in the next ten minutes you will have the best day of your life tomorrow.You will either get kissed or asked out, if you break this chain u will see a little dead girls

Listen from the beginning then, faggot.
You have to be genuinely autistic and/or gullible as fuck to believe that Karl isn't a character.

>people can't remember things differently over time
>people can't tell stories differently
>people don't embellish stories
I would almost find it more curious if he told the exact same story every time.

Calm down Dicky Anderson.

I think it's seasons two but Karl doesn't scream he just says angrily ;I hate him, I HATE HIM' as the music fades out.

It's near the end of season two and Ricky was being a cunt all episode.

come on mate, you don't just forget whether a story happened or not. "Did I ever tell you about the time I accidentally called my Aunt Hazel's boyfriend Ken Dodd? Oh wait, it wasn't me it was my dad". Bullshit. Obviously a made up story that he remembered differently the second time he told it

>if you had a body transplant, look down, someone else's tackle. Would you play with another blokes cock?
>and it's the whole body? Well, no, because they're not my hands either.

Got some post for God here....

>Its a group of retarded autists sit in their poop chairs and debate whether a story was true or not which determines whether they can enjoy it or not

Jokes on you, im not sitting down.

It's so much funnier when Ricky predicts the ending but the story turns out to be even stupider

>If it turns out the guy in front was a monkey all along Karl...
>Then he was overtaken by a little fella on a tricycle

>she wasn't a looker anyway

>he had a chimp... um he had to thump it in the head

>other monkey comes in
>something was said

>It's another monkey's gotten married episode

>he wants to enter him in the tour de france
>DON'T. TALK. SHITE.

>the pointless story of two monkeys getting married

>I'm surprised you're saying dat Steve

>tfw karl was right about mogwais and Ricky and Steve will never get their comeuppance

Best monkey news?

Something's said...

I'm a fan of these personally.
youtube.com/watch?v=-m02P3_UzPI

youtube.com/watch?v=7PxYfaYKpf4

>Alright kirsty

The one on the plane always cracks me up, I think even Ricky and Steve said that nothing else can top that.

Checked. You're talking shit again, play a record.

>Oi, show her a bit of bloody respect

>He said I know it's a skittle whats it doen in your bedroom?
>I said it's a toffee

he meant knob as in knob of butter

>have you seen Men in Black 2 Steve?
>there's this.. thing in it

>it's a monkeys from the rough part of town episode

>This tricycle comes whizzing past.

>It's a Karl is away so they get some girl to fill in and she's a right cunt episode

>MECHANT! Who are you call sad! At least my mother still don't cut my hair!

Claire was a fucking great fill-in you knob. Even with her smack addiction, I don't ever remember her being a cunt.

>There's a shadow somewhere.

CIDF pls go

LEAVE STURGESS ALONE

Who would in a fight between Dickie Anders and Paul "The Party Animal" Parker?

Randy Anders would mop the floor with him.

the Dickmeister General would destroy Parker

>Paul "The Party Animal" Parker?

this was certainly made up

>It's a Steve is an ungrateful girl episode

Fav cheeky freak of the week?

>This two headed fella, gets killed crossing the road.

>Yeah that's weird. But so what?
>Well why didn't he look both ways?