“They can’t be happy about this internally,” opined a rival distribution chief about Warner Brass brass today...

>“They can’t be happy about this internally,” opined a rival distribution chief about Warner Brass brass today, suggesting that $90M+ would be the proper start for a movie that carries a reported estimated $180M production cost (some even says it’s $200M) and an industry-estimated global P&A of $150M.

>scott mendelson
EVERY FUCKING TIME
whats this guys problem

So a $45-60 million opening?

fuck off manchild

>talking about how much money movies make isn't allowed on television and film!! only memes and cucks and racism!!

t. capeshitter

Hope it fucking bombs, JK rowling is a slag.

HP was always stupid shit
why do people like it? is it just because it was the first book series they read?

Exactly

>non-established franchise
>poor trailers
>mumbling Redmayne

don't know what they expected

They're gonna milk every dime out of this franchise.

shes a national treasure m8 dont u dare!!! dont u FUCKING dare.

Drawing any conclusions the saturday morning of an opening weekend is a complete waste of time.

If you want a clickbait headline for a Sup Forums circlejerk then then click the bait but if you actually give a fuck then wait until the weekend ends to judge the weekend opening.

Fuck off Corbynite.

oy vey

jokes on u kiddo im with may

God the trailers in the theater were terrible. Extremely loud music, then cut to Eddie Redmayne going "emm mee mee me" then back to extremely loud music. It could be because I'm not British, but I didn't understand a single word in the trailer. And the music hurt my fucking ears.

Think The Hobbit killed off a lot of passion for 'franchise' titles, as does revealing that there are going to be 5+ of these films.

If people want a big overarching story they can watch AMCBOFlix and get 8 hours of stuff a year rather than waiting 18 months and getting 2 hours.

That said, it's going to make a profit no doubt.

Wasn't sure how bad this was so I checked and it's literally almost the same Friday gross as 4 of the Harry Potter films. And this is while being basically a spinoff series with all new characters and no popular (narrative) source material.

Movie is doing fine. Trash article.

This guy is a literal disney employee who thought Suicide Squad bombed despite outperfoming Guardians of the Galaxy. Just a shill thread, just move along

>female politicians

Stay blue pilled cunt.

>ignoring the budgets

What about them

I didn't. One of those 4 films (Half-Blood Prince) had a reported budget of $250 million, $70 million more than Fantastic Beasts. Its opening Friday domestic gross was under $27 million. Film ended up grossing close to a billion worldwide.

I repeat: Movie is doing fine. Trash article.

Suicide Squad was unquestionably a box office success, but FYI, it didn't outperform Guardians of the Galaxy, either domestically or internationally.

>outperfoming Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians
Domestic: $333,176,600
Worldwide: $773,328,629

SKWAD
Domestic: $325,100,054
Worldwide: $745,600,054

what did he mean by this?

>comparing joker and harley and batman to rocket racoon and groot

Made less domestically, destroyed it worldwide because Guardians is counting like 100 millions from China where Skwad wasn't released. Both movies were shit anyways so don't try to spin the dcuck angle

Of course they are it is happening with everything (Comicrap, Star Wars, Harry Potter) it is really pathetic that people still shell out money to see these assembly line movies.

>Think The Hobbit killed off a lot of passion for 'franchise' titles, as does revealing that there are going to be 5+ of these films.

No it didn't. Look at what Disney is doing to Star Wars. People are eating that crap up.

I think so. it was prime reading age material for 10-13 year old kids when it came out. that aidience has grown up to be known as the nostalgia generation. it all goes hand in hand perfectly.

Not surprised it's tanking.

That's actually interesting, hadn't thought about that angle. But even so, what you're saying is untrue. GotG still DID make more worldwide.

To your point though: given China's box office policy, Suicide Squad undoubtedly made more for Warner than GotG made for Disney. Which, if we're not just playing a numbers/popularity game and are actually considering things from a business perspective, is obviously the more important factor to consider when analyzing box office.

because diversity rules

Reminder that DCucks are LITERALLY blacks and Mexicans

>Currently, per ComScore’s PostTrak, Suicide Squad has a 73% total positive score, which is the same that BvS slotted. As we mentioned earlier, the David Ayer movie is bringing in more females than BvS, 42% to 31%. Also per PostTrak, the combination of African American and Hispanic moviegoers made up a huge 41% of the audience with both audiences giving the film a whopping 81% positive score.

>73% total positive score
>African American and Hispanic moviegoers.. giving the film a whopping 81% positive score.

>>ignoring the budgets

>Made less domestically, destroyed it worldwide because Guardians is counting like 100 millions from China where Skwad wasn't released. Both movies were shit anyways so don't try to spin the dcuck angle
>>>

the marketing budget of suicide was really big and reshoots

That's a shame. I actually enjoyed this movie a lot and thought it was far better than any of the potter movies. It wasn't perfect or groundbreaking storywise, especially with the obvious twists, but the setting was really fun and it had cool creature design

The Trump curse continues

Sorry to hear that Warner Bros. Better luck next time.

It's almost like nearly everyone is pretty much done with Harry Potter...

Why is DC popular with hispanics? I haven't seen DC or Marvel so I'm in the dark.

Fuck off queer

we're all burnt out because she released that stupid sequel book that sucked all forms of ass

Russia is more white country than USA or any Europe country, mate.
Also Nonalverse had huge domestic gross

I want it to crash and burn but IF this can't beat capeshit...then what can? Im scared bros

after the cursed child even hardcore potter fans started questioning whether Rowlink knows what she's doing

You tell her user. I'm sure the billionaire world famous author will be realy upset by that comment on an anonymous message board.

>Cost over 15 million more to make than Doctor Strange
>Makes 15 million less than Doctor Strange opening weekend

Like pottery

>there are going to be 5+ of these films
I fucking knew it. I was watching the movie, and kept getting the feeling that either the movie was a failed tv pilot, that the movie would segue into a tv series, or that it was going to be the first of a series of films.

They were trusting that the harry potter link would be enough to make it a success and didn't spend enough money on marketing, which was really dumb.

Tbh after the whole HERMIONE IS BLACK, and J.K Rowling making it clear that Trump is "worse than Voldemort", I'm not interested in anything else, especially because the series is done and dusted. Or it should be.

>5 films in this new franchise

yeah, right, mate.

How much hype have you seen for Rogue one?

Seems like she is done with Harry Potter universe and that is for the best of everyone

>Cursed Child
Nah, the majority of Potter fans ate that up.

Now Pottermore. THAT was a fucking disaster.

I really hope this movie bombs but it probably won't. I guarantee the second or third one will though once EVERYONE knows it's a five part franchise. People are increasingly sick of that shit.

Yeah, she's so done that we're getting a five film spinoff series about a couple of old men's gay romance.

Done writing books. Of course media adaptations will be happening. Easy money for suits

She wrote the movie though.

>Dude lets make a film in the Harry Potter world, but do it in 1920's America
>Dude, lets also not focus on magic, but on these beasts.
>Dude lets not do that much marketing for it, people will watch it anyway
>Lets not include any mention of Harry Potter in the title.
>W-WHAT! WHY IS THIS TANKING?????

idiots.

>This guy is a literal disney employee who thought Suicide Squad bombed
it literally did bomb

the movie was so bad no one went to see it more than once, which has bad ramifications for what is essentially a "tent-pole" franchise. The FRANCHISE bombed, but the movie did [barely] break even.

>The Screenplay of the Movie of the Book and The Making of the Screenplay of the Movie of the Book!
>Please give me money

>implying Rogue One won't underperform because no hype is there

>like 100 millions from China where Skwad wasn't released
So? That's still money that SKWAD didn't make.

Dr Strange stole all their thunder

Wands are old hat, it's all about capes now.

Rowling's world isn't that imaginative or creative that every story she cooks up is big screen material, no matter how much the ( mostly underage ) anons that grew up reading the books and make hp threads all the time want you to believe. Granted, there is worse shit cluttering movie theatres worldwide, but without the hogwarts/teen magic setting that made her franchise 90% of its money, they really can't bank on the nostalgia factor at all. And making 5 more of these is just really pushing it, even the normies are starting to catch on and be tired of the franchise formula.

That said, I haven't seen the movie and I don't plan to. HP magic in the 1920's NY might even work as a one off thing, who knows, at least it might be colourful. The last 3 or so films had the light and colour sucked out of them for some reason, if there's a setting where they can go wild with magic is this. But if the 4 sequels plan goes ahead, you can bet they'll namedrop every single secondary character there was and force a Dobby cameo on it

>but without the hogwarts/teen magic setting that made her franchise 90% of its money
This is the real thing that may kill the franchise here. The big lasting appeal of HP is the wish fulfillment/escapism that is so inherently nostalgic. Take that away and it's just another loud teen fantasy film

>literally tipping his fedora

he covers the film industry

>not do that much marketing for it
>150 MILLION spent on marketing

she's a qt

>comparing a movie featuring Harley Quinn, Joker, Batman, and Will Smith to a movie full of C-list Marvel heroes that a lot of comic book geeks didn't even know existed

When is WB going to actually release a non A-list character movie so we can see how bad it bombs?