Was this fucked up?

Was this fucked up?

it was comfy, but touched on some heavy subjects. morality vs fulfilling your dreams hard work vs family

he killed millions of people

I thought it was good too, but I'm more asking about the portrayal of the two's relationship, and maybe some kind of weird German/Jap thing. Not nazism, something else... I can't quite put my finger on it.

Lads come in here dammit.

the story is a sad one, he has literal dreams of flying machines. then to have your dreams realized and completely twisted back on you. its the same with his love life. meet qt wife, she dies young, leaving him all alone. the Germans were similar, wanting to unite all germans but instead thier goal was twisted and distorted. i think the movie helps show that behind every bad idea there was someone trying to do something good. his planes killed tonnes of people but he just wanted to feel the wind in his hair, isnt the world a better place because this jap decided to build planes?

Do you have any opinions on the German guy with the big nose who ate watercress at the hotel? I thought he was going to turn out to fuck some shit up but then he just disappeared. His eyes were really weird.

>big nose
hmmmmm.................

He was obviously an intelligence operative. He was never going to 'fuck some shit up'.

he killed millions...

I think planetes dealt with the morality angle better, when they were talking about von braun.

No, it was a very well made tragedy. Really shows that Miyazaki can make quality work when he isn't focused on pushing his pedophile fantasies.

he added the wife's illness and the younger sister since Miyazaki can't write shit that isn't fantasy

It was just a cameo. Miyazaki took inspiration from The Magic Mountain, and that german guy is the main character from that book.

>that german guy is the main character from that book
>the main character

No.

Miyazaki is probably one of the few who still work anymore that doesn't have some kind of degenerate fetish.

I always preferred the Studio Ghibli films about normal life stuff, such as The Wind Rises and On Top Of Cherry Hill, to the more fantasy stuff like Nausica and Spirited Away.

What do you mean by that?

No? is literally called "Castorp", how is he not Hans Castorp?

Or are you telling me that Hans isn't the main character?

it showed the protagonist putting the unsavory aspects of his work out of his mind more explicitly, i guess

I literally laughed out loud

Because he's literally nothing like Hans Castorp except for the fact he's a visitor at sanatorium.

someone needs to draw CIA in the style of myazaki

or bane

Kek

have we started the wind?

Read a fucking book you idiot

Bane?

>tb is fantasy

Fucker, my grandfather's entire family died due to that fucking disease. I'm only here because he remarried before killing himself in the 60's.

Pretty new, not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that.

He killed billions.

right, my bad

he killed trillions

He killed squillions...

How would CIA look in the style of Bane?

Thought it was pretty underwhelming desu. There's not much of an ending to it.

>Satoshi Kon's last film is still half-finished in development hell

He killed sextillions.

it's a weird movie. it's like if a german filmmaker made a warm, nostalgic animated movie about albert speer & german society in the '30s and fabricated a subplot about speer's doomed love affair.

What I disliked most was his relationship with his wife. Dude literally couldn't stop working to be with his dying wife?

If I remember right there's one scene near the end where she's just laying there sick as shit and he's in the same room just drawing up some airplane shit.

On top of the fact that the whole movie is just blatant historic whitewashing. They tried to make him sympathetic and how his dreams were twisted, but he didn't seem all too shaken up with the idea of making war planes.

I walked away with the movie with the sense that he just had some autistic drive to make fucking airplanes regardless of anything else, or how they're used.

Willy Messerschmitt movie when?

Is there really a problem with that? The Americans were big fans of Wernher Magnus Maximilian Freiherr von Braun, and he killed septillions.

>his pedophile fantasies.

Stop projecting yourself dumbass

>Miyazaki can't write shit that isn't fantasy

I didnt know From up on poppy hill and Whisper of the heart were fantasy. Dumbass

>Miyazaki
>not a pedo
>implying you are not underinformed as fuck

t. Anime is a mistake image macro poster

Next you will say some stupid shit like how Tezuka isn't a big furfag.

>All Anime has pedophile overtones

What is Japanese culture?

Dumbass

Please make an actual argument for why he is.

Mamoru Hosoda is the furfag.

Found the delusional Miyazaki fanboy. Anyone not blinded by nostalgia can see the gratuitous panty shots and shoehorned child nudity that litter his movies, you're not fooling anyone here.

PLANE?

> Miyazaki fanboy

This is a Miyazaki thread . What you were expecting to see here?

Also

>shoehorned child nudity

Im sure that made you so nervous, you closeted pedo

>child nudity that litter his movies
Goku was naked all the time in Dragon Ball, just because it makes you sweat and shift in your seat doesn't mean it was intended that way.

No it was a masterpiece, one of the most incredible final features in film history.

Pretty large exaggeration. It wasn't even as good as his first movie.

He killed 6 million you filthy goy animals

agreed.