twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>ywn watch movies with a cute boy
why live

>wild thread last night

What happened?

is this a pic of tsar and synt?

We ran a train on Sally Jane Black.

Top ten of the year

Tsar was given the attention he is so desperately deprived of in real life from strangers on the Internet

Why are the british so united? The only time someone club something with someone else in this general, it's between two british..

>be based af, good taste, beautiful looking, bantersauras rex, ultra intelligent

tfw meet all the criteria and still no invite
might make a top list later today since it seems the latest /lbg/ meme

every other country other than the amerifats seem to club stuff all the time

Esb

It really is the best sw, at last I truly see

Why are the patlabor movies such boring, uneventful and uninspired bullshit?

Probably the most pedestrian and boring star wars opinion out there.

Because you forgot to take your Ritalin before watching.
Patlabor 2 is beautiful, watch The Sky Crawlers if you really want to see what a boring Oshii movie looks like.

Have you tried inviting other people?

the look of the movies is the only good thing about them, and not even entirely that. the backgrounds and most of the mechanic animations are great but all of the character designs and animations are kept to the bare minimum, almost below tv show standards. And of course the movies make it look like they are about mechas and lots of action when in fact they are 85% meaningless neverending dry political or detective talk and 15% mild action. And on top of that there is not one memorable character or line of dialog, its hard to even tell if any of the characters have any distinct personalities.

>9999
I used to think rotj was the best and tfa was better than esb

But the normies are right

RotJ has a lot going for it.TFA is grey drivel with Star Wars artificial flavouring.

ESB is popular because normies don't like fantasy that much and would prefer verisimilitude over myth. That's why ESB sucks a lot of the fun adventurousness out of the original Star Wars and makes it all wannbe angsty and brooding.

The first two have great cinematography and attention to detail, some of the best in anime. They didn't let anything go without being animated, bubbles in a drink, reflections on this or that, it's beautiful to watch.
They're not really action movies, I don't know why you expected them to be.
The characters definitely do have distinct personalities, they were further developed in the OVA you were supposed to watch beforehand.

I like the first Star Wars the most. It was a nice adventure.

Return of the Jedi is annoying film. I hate the Han Solo dank meme story and everything that is not Luke.

Sunday morning rain is falling

why wouldnt i think they are action movies, there are robots on the movies posters and the whole story is about a police unit operating police mechas and yet the mechas are only in 15% of all 3 movies. Instead its just unending terribly written dialog. There are not even anything resembling acts or real danger in the movies except for maybe the monster thing in the 3rd movie. never have i seen a movie where the story, characters and the dialog so negatively overshadow the great visual aspects of a movie but here we got 3 in a row.

>why wouldnt i think they are action movies, there are robots on the movies posters
Because they're not. Because you've seen the OVA beforehand and you know it's not just some action series. Go watch Macross and complain about people singing all the time.

It was until c3po started ranting about removing the jawas

its not just that its no they are not action movies, they are also not mecha movies or good crime movies or character movies or emotional dramas. I really dont know what they even are. Also there are not just robots on the posters, the whole series is named after those robots but somehow they play a very minor role, it just doesnt make sense.

/lbg/ is truly the last bastion of meaningful film discussion on Sup Forums

The franchise is called Mobile Police Patlabor. It's about mobile police solving mysteries or incidents related to patlabors, which they do.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

y hasn't moonlight leaked yet

Officer downe: very nearly great, but extremely bad instead

where would it leak from

IV>V>>>>>>VI>VII>>>>>I>III>II

IV and V are really close together tho.

letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/

I sure as hell don't remember asking the opinion of a fucking embryo on anything.

Really nice

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

award screeners

letterboxd.com/plebiann

Name your favourite Hipster kino.

letterboxd.com/samtlx/

screener season when

Why'd you watch Death & Rebirth? It's just an awful recap.

I was mostly curious for how it was recapped.

letterboxd.com/machill54/list/100-top-films-in-the-opinion-of-me-machill54/

I actually did it, absolute mad man!!!!

awesome!! this is the best thing I've seen all week!!!!

Appalling

based machill saves /lbg/ once again

*follows the papa*

I am not interested in machill54's top 100

You should be. This is the most exciting thing to happen in /lbg/ in a long time

i nearly pissed myself when i saw that you publishde your top100, and man i'm not dissapointed

holly shit this is my third reply, so based!!!

>amaranth please notice me: the list

Actually that was these lists you damned heck idiot!

letterboxd.com/machill54/tag/pls-love-me-amaranth-pls/lists/

This was for tsar and fabs and edd to pls notice me

do I get a mention for noticing you?

no

letterboxd.com/nuts/

>synt unfollowed me
how rude

It isn't rude if you deserved it

and you probably do

How can you unironically think VIII is anything but the worst one? The prequels, even with their faults, destroy it in every conceivable way.

the prequels are fucking dog shite m8 only vulgartards think they have any value with le ps2 graphics so deep commentary and le world creation

t. not lostjewdied

t. Synt boyfriend being pathetic

Literally take them over corporate swill made for the masses that doesn't challenge in anyway whilst still exhibiting a disturbing lack of creative design choices. And that's not even counting the plagiarised plot. If you like The Force Awakens then you literally have no taste.

>Literally take them over corporate swill made for the masses that doesn't challenge in anyway
>implying The Prequels are challenging
The only thing "challenging" is trying to think of why someone made such banal cinematically illiterate design choices.

The prequels were made during 00s CGI craze, they're just as fucking terrible with regards to corporate swill made for masses trash

Frankly, Star Wars VII is the best Star Wars movie and that's not saying much

I could never understand the appeal of the others with their horrible acting and hackneyed languid plotting. Nothing but B movie shite.

Does American cinema get any better than Ford???

letterboxd.com/CoryBurning/

Also, been watching episodes of the Dekalog for a few days now, but I haven't been marking them individually as watched. Should I?

No one can refute the points I made.

I'm sorry a non 3-Act Structure story was too much for you to handle user. Good thing Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them is out soon.

Bullshit, they helped lay the groundwork for future CGI while being unconventional independent blockbusters. Nothing corporate about em.

Well that's just retarded, if that's the opinion you hold over Star Wars in general, then fine. But to think it's the best of the lot anyway? Nah.

Who are you?

my shame is too great

letterboxd.com/xl9/
Getting hype for Arrival in an hour.

>Does American cinema get any better than Ford???
Yes, obviously

>vulgautists now on /lbg/ defending the prequels or the Abrams as high art anti-cashgrab
wew

People who defend VII and Abrams are probably children, because I don't see how anyone else could watch it and enjoy it on an adult level.

I only see the rating for one film here. Guess the image didn't upload right

>that guy in the last thread that had every single disney channel original movie logged

I didn't want to embarrass him last thread but what the FUCK are you thinking? Don't post your profile again.

I only rated movies that are of the highest quality. My ratings go like: logged(for films I don't care for), Liked (for films I enjoyed on more than a minimal level, but not quite amazing) and 5 stars for the amazing films.

Attaching a numerical value to art is a recent development that I'm not fond of. A friend of mine suggested that the numerical value to be found in reviews was really more about consumerism than being an appropriate apparatus for criticism. I agree with him.

Like who?

I have no time for people who weren't deeply affected by Star Wars in their formative years.

John Williams' score basically raised me.

letterboxd.com/smoothhands
step to me fag

I'll follow you if you post you're profile to fill the void left by Synt

about to marathon The Avengers: Age of Ultron. what should I expect?

who are you talking about? disney originals interest me

Well, there are individual films and then bodies of work. Ford is stronger on the bow.
But some names on par or very close with him: Welles, Coppola, Scorsese, Wilder, Spielberg, Wyler, Altman, the list goes on...

I'm not profile

Spielberg,Lucas,Tarantino,Scorsese,Allen, man America has so many great film directors!!!

>about to marathon The Avengers: Age of Ultron. what should I expect?
a complete bore that hits its nadir in a scene where two balls of CGI light argue with each other.

>a scene where two balls of CGI light argue with each other.

Sounds like an experimental masterpiece tbqf

Why are you upset?

that's kind of what Richard Brody tried to argue in his review lol.

His piece on it is almost as bad as his essay defending the Star Wars prequels.

letterboxd.com/drew1992/

>that guy in the last thread that had every single disney channel original movie logged
profile?

Reminder to not believe PUNQ's lies

The high-level prose and taste of a patrician, surely

I liked the Wailing.

>Does American cinema get any better than Ford???

Not that I know of. Publishing a ranked list of him soonish

letterboxd.com/machill54/

damn 5 films in a row without a heart. hopefully I drink your blood will change this

might start saying that Hellbent is my favourite Christmas film so I can be an even bigger wank than the guys that say die hard. Interesting that it has more letterboxd views than IMDb views, rare to see

machill54 does not interest me.

I hope you watch something good soon

any contenders for next film that looks promising?

letterboxd.com/Fox_and_Bear/

Lost River was excellent. Eternally sad for the Goose that it got a bad reception.

At some point this week ill watch this for the cult movie challenge letterboxd.com/film/santo-vs-blue-demon-in-atlantis/ and based on the synopsis it will either be really great or terrible

I also got the 2 disc grindhouse release if I drink your blood, the main film seems very promising and there are actually 2 bonus features, I eat your skin (which looks bad) and the Blue Sextet (too #rare to tell if good or bad)

>Lost River was excellent
>Rear Window 7/10
The embryo holocaust can't come soon enough

Maybe it just wasn't one of my favourite Hitchcock films. Enjoyed it but preferred North by North West and others.

letterboxd.com/Bandabydoo

Hope you saw Goodbye to Language in 3D

I watched it in my home theatre alone