What was your favorite movie when I was 8 years old?

What was your favorite movie when I was 8 years old?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AHcOPcM0hJU
youtube.com/watch?v=gOWFbYRGjz8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>my wife's son

Homeward Bound. I watched that so many times.

When were you 8 years old?

I would have been 9 then, so I'm gonna say 3 Ninjas, or maybe TMNT: Secret of the Ooze.

T2

I was one you jaggov

I sort of miss these stupid comfy suburban comedies

Remember Suburban Commando with the Hulk? I love the fuck outta that shit.

same age as me

my favorite movie at the time was pic related

I was three, and "Pooh's grand adventure: The search for Christopher Robin" came out that year, so I think either that, "The many adventures of Winnie the Pooh" or "Winnie the Pooh and the honey tree".
Man I loved that bear. Still do.

Those short stories also hold a special place in my heart. They were so comfy.

Winnie the Poo is the epitome of comfy.

Holy shit I remember this movie! They used to air this fucking thing all the time on the disney channel. I had completely forgotten about it

Independence Day and Speed 2

>tfw will never live in the hundred acre wood

Patrician kid coming through

Seryozha (1960) and Les Quatre Cents Coups (1959).

Yes I am a redditor.

well I can certainly understand why a child would like it

astutely observed user.

what was your favorite movie when i was 12 years old?

Oh hell yeah, Pooh's Grand Adventure was kino as fuck.

I would watch that movie, then rewind the tape, and watch it again. I loved it so much, and it still holds up wonderfully.

>You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you thing.

This film is my spirit animal.

What year were you 12 years old?

Speed 2 was worth watching for Willem Dafoe and the cruise ship crashing into the town at the end

Fuuuck maaan. You know what, I think that when I come home for christmas, I'll actually dig up my old vcr and watch it again.

Those home-videos with your stepdad.

The Neverending Story.

It's more of an autumn movie than anything, since it has the subtext of accepting change, but I guess it could work for Christmas. The scenes Pooh has with Christopher Robin always get to me. That bear is one of our greatest cultural treasures.

Obligatory: youtube.com/watch?v=AHcOPcM0hJU

Those rat dogs scared the fuck out of me when I was like 5

I wasn't thinking about the seasons, as much as I was thinking about coming home after the exams, able to relax and just indulge in some nostalgia in the safety of familiar surroundings.

>tfw not even born yet in 1997

Sure, sure. Knock yourself out, famm. It's great, no matter what time of year it is.

Was this related to tank girl?

Still watch it every winter

Additionally, I was really into the goofy movie

youtube.com/watch?v=gOWFbYRGjz8

This and die hard are Christmaskino

why are you that guy who says that die hard is a christmas movie, instead of just accepting it's a movie that for plot reasons takes place on christmas?

Yes! Die Hard is the best!

I remember wanting that magical game gear

have to choose between Babe, Toy Story and The Thing (saw it when i was 6 and liked it).
guess Babe

What the fuck was his problem?

Terminator 2

Home Alone.
Nothing else even came close.

My neighbor Totoro
>tfw I'll never watched for the first time again

Such a slut.

dat feel when too

I actually like A Goofy Movie more and more the older I get. As a kid, I thought it was pretty entertaining. As an adult, I think it's bona fide kino.

The symbolism with the perfect cast is immaculate, and the "Hi dad soup" scene is just amazing.

because I watch it every Christmas

First pick would always be roxanne, but this bimbo is always a close second.

Hook
Jurassic Park
The Sandlot

TALK TO ME
TALK TO ME
TALK TO ME BABY!!

Honestly, I'll need to give it another look. I haven't seen it for at least ~15 years. I remember it being pretty good even for an all ages movie, but I wasn't sure if that was purely due to nostalgia and/or my viewing age.

Jurassic Park

>tfw you realize she gave birth to Lilo then died.

I was eight in 1991, and Beauty and the Beast came out that year, so there you have it. Either that or pic related.

I'm not even being a nostalgiafag here. A Goofy Movie is unironically a great film. I sort of have a phases with this movie and my perception of it. I go a long time without seeing it, forget how good it is, I start to think that the enjoyment that I got out my last viewing was just reliving nostalgia, then I rewatch it, and I'm immediately blown away by how great it actually is. I rewatched it roughly six months ago, so the memory of its greatness is currently fresh in my mind.

I remember thinking it was okay as a kid, but I didn't love it. I really didn't understand it. Now I understand it, and I absolutely adore it. It's not so much a movie for kids, as it is a movie for young adults, despite being blatantly marketed as a kid's flick.

If you haven't seen it in 15 years, I think you might be surprised by how brilliant it actually is, when you watch it with the lived experience as a teenager.

Your perspective is really making look forward to my next viewing. Thanks user. The hype is real.

Interesting

How does the sequel hold up?

Not me, but
Sequel was direct to video. Only saw bits and pieces on tv. Shit sucks.

Still holds up

Very nice, digits don't lie. If I remember correctly, the ending was very satisfying.

Would love to see your reaction to it. Post a thread on this board once you do, and maybe I'll see it.

Never seen it. Didn't even know about it until recently.

I rented this several times from Take 2 Video and mom got mad that I didn't want to watch anything else.

Will do

I hated the song between goofy and max when they're floating on the car. That's so gay. They even KISS at the end. But anyway
>dollar matinee theater
>hot aunt takes me to see a goofy movie
>holds my hand during it
>this fucking boner

Sequel is even better because the antagonist isn't Goofy being an oblivious moron. The music isn't as good and that's the only thing that's a negative.

No Roxanne though....

I really liked the animation style in this. You could tell they hired different animators apart from the usual ones that produced stiff movements

Nightmare Before Christmas when I was 8

Wayne's World when this guy was 8

THE GREAT BAMBINO

But Goofy being the well-meaning antagonist was so fucking brilliant, and the lack of a real villain was so refreshing. There's no bad guy in the movie, just conflicting interests that are inevitable when kids grow up.

That song was one of the highlights of the movie, you pleb. And Goofy only kisses Max on the head, it's not like they make out or anything.

Looking forward to it.

>you are now aware that tigger rhymes with nigger and the creators wanted tigger to be the nigger of the group

Tigger, please.

Is this a movie?

>That pic
>Fasterfox in the bottom right corner

Do you think the pedowood producers got to JTT?

Dude same. We'll never have anything like Christopher Lloyd and Hulk Hogan doing a movie together again.

Lol tigger, you far out.

>tigger
>nigger

>piglet
>manlet

>rabbit
>rabbi

>pooh
>poo in loo

I remember in Elementary they would show the song scene EVERY waiting period after lunch.

Everybody loved it

Gremlins is also a Christmas movie.

>tfw can't watch Goof Troop without Pete sounding like Pooh every once in a while.

You know that fat Audrey from European Vacation was Max?

I used to always watch the Lion King and the live action 101 Dalmatians when I was a kid. I just looked up in old boxes and I still have to VHS tapes. I need to find a VHS player now.

Also, I used to fucking love Gordy when I was younger. I rewatched the movie recently and I figured I was probably the dumbest kid on earth.

Mine was Forrest the Gump

>Mfw i saw this on the theater.

Why do you think he never had a career after he hit ~16. He threatened to tell.

>tfw was 13 in 1997.

When I was that age my favorite was the greatest masterpiece of all children's movies: The Dark Crystal. I was pretty obsessed with it as a child.

Mine was Avatar

>tfw 12 in 97
When I was 8, maybe surf ninjas. In 1997, pic related

Probably this or the Turbo movie. I was 5.

WHAT IS ACME!!? REEEEE