youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjlKcjVxTc
filmfront.no/aktor/146017/ulla-ryghe
people.ucalgary.ca/~tstronds/nostalghia.com/TheTopics/Marina_and_Alexandr.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But thats bullshit

>Edited by a woman
Says who?

Is this guy supposed to be funny or something

It's called comedy user. You don't get it because you are blinded by your misogynistic worldview.

He's actually very funny if you put your prejudices on hold for just 1 minute.

What the fuck is this retarded midget talking about?

t. Tumblr faggot

didn't he use to be a comedian?

Can't wait for when the depression overwhelms him and he kills his daughter and himself

>"guys, the editor of a movie is actually the director"

LOLLLLLLLLLL 10/10 GREATEST COMEDY OF ALL TIME THAT CHANGED COMEDY FOREVER

PURE
COMEDIC
GOLD
100!100!100!100!100!100!100!100!

The only funny bit I recall him doing is the kfc bowl thing.

I would never let someone else edit my movie. It's pretty much the most intimate part of making one.

huh "comedy" in the current year really makes you think

He's right senpai

there is a certain level of truth to this. at least in mainstream film

What? Most editors are men. Can't anyone just put this sjw raging faggot out of his misery?

okay let me look up my favorite movie

oh look at that directed and edited by men

Top 10 on IMDB:
1/10 edited by female

that's actually a pretty good joke

lol

Comedians get super political when they lose relevancy.

Ok so? What's the joke?

I honestly don't get it.
Is he implying editing does more to shape a film than directing?
Why is that funny?

delete this

where's the joke?

ITT: plebs who cannot c í n é m á

Marcia Lucas is GOAT
Thelma Schoonmaker is as essential to Scorsese as Scorsese
Sally Menke made Tarantino good (his Fred Raskin stuff is appropriately the worst)

youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjlKcjVxTc
It gets worse

your wife is dead pat

>I murdered my wife and covered it up
What did he mean by this? What's the joke?

Editing is just as important than directing. You can have an all star cast and a talented director but bad editing can ruin it all.

>tfw you edit your wife out of your life

Those are only 3 editors, guys like Bergman, herzog, tarkovsky, and Fellini didn't have women editors

Top 50 on IMDB:
5/50 Women Editors

can i as a white straight male laugh at this joke, or must i merely reflect over my shame

N-no p-photoshopped

So he's talking about tarantino or scorsese

What joke?

Actually both of my favourite films were edited by David Brenner

>Bergman
Ulla Ryghe was a woman
filmfront.no/aktor/146017/ulla-ryghe

>Herzog
Beate Mainka-Jellinghaus was a woman

wew. coulda picked better examples there, user. and women are a teeny fraction of the industry too, which just goes to show how poignant your examples were.

>Tarkovsky
and Lyudmila Feiginova was a woman:

>people.ucalgary.ca/~tstronds/nostalghia.com/TheTopics/Marina_and_Alexandr.html

haha, and I didn't even know this one. you picked the worst examples. good job.

"Vaginas make babies" the comedydecades since 00.

just because he issn't funny doesn't mean he issn't correct.

Top 100 on IMDB:
12/100 female editors.

No, it doesn't. He's not, but they're not causally related.

really makes you think

Has this guy ever been funny? His adult swim show is one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever seen, and his standup is devoid of jokes. Any examples of a great Patton Oswalt joke?

>shooting film is sexist! WHITE MALE directors are all retards who use their cameras as dicks, in a sexist way!
>women are all geniuses who actually make the films good!
This is hilarious! And also so true omg xd

A couple of the movies he named had multiple editors (male). Also; he is basically saying that women organise while men have great visions. Thats why we have a first lady.

He is saying that women make good housewifes in his blind liberal patter.

Patton Oswalt has had some type of stick up his ass over something for a few years now. What happened?

srsly

There are a lot of female editors, but I wouldn't go so far as to put it the way he did. I'd like to hear the full context.

He realised he would never, ever break out of that goofy loser sidekick typecast. Even Kevin James got to be Paul Blart.

he's just making a joke using retrograde gender stereotypes. if you take this shit seriously you're autistic.

>Even Kevin James got to be Paul Blart.

Okay, that is pretty cucked.

Right? Someone needs to tell him no matter amount of salt he mines it won't bring his wife back to life

>editors just do whatever the fuck they want
Literally how dumb do you have to be think this is funny? Comedy is based on truth, not "lol so randumb xD" bullshit

It's funny because it's """"""true""""""

>Star Wars
Richard Chew
Paul Hirsch
Marcia Lucas
George Lucas

>Pulp Fiction
Sally Menke

>Jaws
Verna Fields

>Taxi Driver
Tom Rolf
Melvin Shapiro

>Goodfellas
James Kwei
Thelma Schoonmaker

>Lawrence of Arabia
Anne V. Coates

So out of the 6 movies he cited there were 11 editors working on those films. Of those 11 editors only 5 were women. 45% is a pretty shit ratio to back up the premise of your "joke". Probably should have thought that one out better, Patton.

HA IT IS OVER 10 PERCENT NOW Sup Forums AND DRUMPF BTFO AHAHAHAH SAY IT WITH ME MADAM PRESIDENT

kek, this is too good to be true

Hmm, so that's why he doesn't react to people talking about his wife on twitter. The guilt is too much, which is why he must defend the honor of all women as surrogates for the wife he murdered. He can never fully repent though so there's no way he can talk about his wife even to defend her.

EPIC

Patton used to actually write jokes.

he's usually funny until he gets political or religious. then it gets preachy and annoying.

Plebs can't into female editors

that's not Mariya Timofeeva.

so he claims that they attach a woman to a talented person in order to dilute his creation into a state in which it can be appreciated by the plebs
sounds pretty red pilled to me

He's talking about Malick and Korine

That's not actually funny.
You sure showed him, making fun of his dead wife.

lol "men" btfo

What an over simplification of how movies are made. Tarantino has said that Sally Menke really was a giant help and considered her a key player and essentially wrote the stories. But Oswald took that line from Tarantino and made it seems like the woman does EVERYTHING.

They're not literally the director. He doesn't know what a director is then. Just because they edit, doesn't mean they were on set giving actors and actresses ques, and motivation for the scene. Editors take a fuckin baseline from the script and glue it all together. And yes they do need a keen eye for how to end a scene, and where to begin one, and when to cut but they're not fucking directors.

Sam Hyde got super political (MDE:WP was nothing but politics) and he's arguably more relevant than ever.

I'm both #woke and #lit now

#CanadaOrBust

>he thinks a woman made the film

If anything they help stitch it together with coherence. But it's the director's job to approve any changes to their vision (heavy emphasis on their)

RIP Sally.

She was a key factor in Tarantino's good work. It's a shame she died. I'm sure she would have helped bring H8 down to an appropriate run time.

most directors direct the editor too

his wife died haha

He had an Adult Swim show?

Where do you see the editor in IMDB?

at the bottom of the cast list, click more and it shows the whole credits list

i member king of queens

Thanks m8

I assume he's talking about that heartshe holler show. It's the only patton oswalt one I know of on adult swim

Holy shit, a talking garden gnome

I read somewhere that Mad Max: Fury Road had like 80 hours of footage.Then Margaret Sixel had to chop it down to two hours and turn it into the film we all know and love. I'm sure George was involved with the editing but I don't think it's at all a stretch to say that the editing is just as important as direction. There have been plenty of instances where great editing has elevated what would otherwise be a mediocre film.

AHAHAHAHA that's some funny stand-up "comedy" right there! Very insightful too, what a brave man. If he wasn't a white male I'd suggest starting a petition to get him on the cover of TIME but as we know we've seen enough of those this year. I think a nobel peace prize will do fine.

so men create things and then women try to shape it into something completely different so they have a sense of accomplishment?
sounds plausible tbqh

they are just button pushers, why do you think so many of the editors are married to the directors?

"Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?"

Every director shoots many hours of footage more than the intended finished product. It's called multiple takes and test footage, and sometimes you combine different shots together digitally.

Nobody thinks he's making an 18 hour film.

>how did it come to this?
Decades of Cultural Marxism, user.

You really think the editor chooses what scenes to pick and which get dropped though? That the director doesn't have MASSIVE influence over the whole process?

so the op just took out two thirds of the joke

i mean its not that funny but come on op

This faggot had no hand in creating The Heartshe Holler. It's a PFFR show, and you are a massive pleb.

i'm glad your wife is dead you pathetic little troll

men are simply more creative. choke on your wife's ashes cuck faggot

I watched that stand up...what a fucking jack wagon, he has become. Pandering "jokes" like a bitch.