Another "coming of age movie"

>Another "coming of age movie".

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inside_I'm_Dancing
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There will be a market for these as long as there are teenagers that are 5O 4WKW4RD! xP

But is this one actually comfy and not riddled with "woe is me teenage years suck" isms?

>go through all the best of the "coming of age" genre
>still a manchild

they're for people in their mid to late 20s that have a shit life and want to go back to their teens for another chance

like myself

>coming of age movie
>about cheap sex, drugs, and being generally immature

> halie is the only actress that I hope succeeds from the new batch of actresses

>movie about a teenager
>"waah I suck so bad, like I can't get the hottest guy/girl to like me"

Why do they always do this? Wouldn't it be more charming, or pathetic if that's what the normies are after, for a character not even be able to get a guy/girl to like him, rather than the obviously inattainable hot guy/girl.

Lest not forget, she's also a pop singer, so it might go either way.

Whom is it you're quoting?

Don't forget Kiernan Shipka.

>they're for people in their mid to late 20s that have a shit life
I'm in that age field though, and I hate these movies.

Whatever they do, they always devolve into searing reminders that I didn't have enough sex/friends/wacky experiences as a teen. Depressing the lot of them for a guy like me.

Thanks senpai.

Let's see if you that feel even further though... Like me, you watch them regardless that they'll inflict you pain because you're curious as to what you missed out on?

I just feel like I grew up in the wrong era of teenager-ism. My years weren't innovative, weren't quirky. We were just laying foundations for the next generation to take over & it seems like they have advanced us already. Basically, sometimes I wish I was 21 again.

Why are all these coming of age movies about normies? I wanna see antisocial kids.

Man I feel like I didn't even become self-aware until I was about 20. Everything before then is full of embarrassment and blur.

check out inside i'm dancing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inside_I'm_Dancing

> James McAvoy

user, if you recommended this to me in person, I'd kiss you on the cheek.

From what I can tell those are just disabled people, not really antisocial.

If you want real antisocial kino, check out "We Need to Talk About Kevin"

Saw it already. It was pretty good.

>Embarissment

That is the right word. Between 2005-2008 was one regrettable ride.

kiss me in the mouth bro

no homo

it's good though

if you want anti-social in a normie way watch submarine

i haven't seen it, but the plots sounds like fishtank

this

these movies piss me off because there were never any qt eccentric girls with no friends at my school. i would have loved to make friends with a girl like the one in this film, girls who don't conform to the crowd are the best kind. but all the qt girls at my school just got fucked by chads and did drugs all the time.

This movie is actually good though. The main character actually only has one friend. Which she loses about 30 minutes in. And this one is actually well acted.

because that's how it is in the real. and in the same, no hot guy is gonna like the quiet girl.

welcome the real world.

>mfw back when I was young the quiet girls were always the meanest sluttiest girls around

Is woody gonna fuck haliee?

>no hot guy is gonna like the quiet girl.
You what though?

I don't know how it was with your school, but it seems that the more confident chap from my grades reveled in corrupting little quiet qts.

Shame desu.

Also this to some degree. A girl too unwilling to speak about sex is often a huge red sign.

is there anything worse than a dramady?

hmmm, dunno. at least where i come from, the loudest were the sluttiest, and the kewl boys hoovered arround them.

more like i'm coming IN HER FAT ASS

Quiet girls cover their tracks.

>nearing 30s
>still relate to teen films

Guys I'm writing a coming of age story. Any tips? Cliches I could avoid?

Loudest are loud only because they themselves that they are not overall slutty, and that nothing they say might betray them.

Quiet girls are usually quiet to veil that they actually quite well versed about sex, which would come out if they spoke too much about it.

Pitch it to us.

I'm 20 but I look 17.

Cast me plox :3?

>plebs think coming of age is lame but sci-fi is SIMPLY EPIC when it's all arbitrary garbage

>Cliches I could avoid?
That's how you don't write a coming of age story, my man. Use every cliche in the book and then one thing that's new.

I'm 19 and I feel this.