The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Can we all agree this is a underrated film?

an*

its a movie not a film

I'd say it's an overrated movie on Sup Forums

it's a kino not a movie

"Yes, it is long, at 160 minutes. There is a sense that an epic must have duration to have importance. The time reaching ahead of us must be as generous as the landscape unfolding before us. On this canvas Dominik portrays his hero at a time when most men were so powerless, they envied Jesse James even for imposing his will on such as they."

I wish the 3 hour or 4 hour version would be released already

On Sup Forums? no. In general? ya

i loved everything about it, especially the score. i felt like robert ford was pretty relatable in trying to fit into where he didn't belong and just got constantly shit on for it

In my top two, along with the Insider

is it a joint, not kino

thanks dude

can we all agree this guys performance is stellar? like one of the best performances ive ever seen good??

maybe im projecting becasue i seriously related to the robert ford character deeply

annnnd nightmares. thanks afucking lot

great soundtrack and the shot of the train is really good

was better than Bardem

I don't get the last part, why does Robert Ford feel bad for killing Jesse? Jesse lost his mind and held the two boys hostage for weeks and was going to kill him. Why was he so beat up about it?

Because Jesse was his hero. Even up to the moment he shot him he idolized him.

He felt like he killed his hero, even if he wasn't what he thought he'd be.

Haven't seen in in like 4 years though.

Great movie. Was the last film I've watched with my dad before he died. Haven't watched it since.

damn that is actually pretty deep

i friccin love this movie

brad pitts performance is really good but there are some moments where it just looks like brad pitt acting instead of jesse james

still hes not even the central focus even though its about his death, its about all the other characters mainly bob

i feel like i understand bob, maybe not the real robert ford but the afleck character -- trying to merit fame by not really doing anything, even achieving it only to regret it, i can seriously emphisze with his idolatry of jesse james throughout the whole film, i think a moment that stands out and they all pretty much do, is right when jesse reads the paper, and robert ford just walks over the couch about to brust into tears as he gets in gun belt on, its just so realistic and reherashed as if hes planned and thought about killing him in an exact way almost, its just fantastic i cant really describe it other than brilliant acting and direction

i recommend killing them softly by the same director if you havent seen it already. its not as strong as jesse james but its different in a good way, i liked it a lot. i saw it on acid though so im biased