MCU is getting more inventive with their third act, don't you think?

>Civil War cleverly twisted the audiences into thinking that it's gonna end with big battle between the three with the rest of super soldiers, but instead it became more personal fight
>Doctor Strange reverse time to undo the city-block destroying, keep the portal open and went there doing a time-loop to destroy the villain instead of the usual city being destroyed and closing the portal
>both BvS and SS still ends with their heroes unite to destroy the villain with city being destroyed in the background

Isn't doctor strange the 7th or 8rlth wormhole they had to close?

They're ripping off Doctor Who.

No. Each phase seems to have a roughly equal number of good, meh, and bad movies. It's certainly not getting worse, but I don't think it's getting better.

>Civil War cleverly twisted the audiences into thinking that it's gonna end with big battle between the three with the rest of super soldiers, but instead it became more personal fight

A manufactured fight by a third party (Zemo is his name?).

How much cooler would it have been if the two sides actually fought because their ideologies differed. Add actual stakes and give true meaning to choose your side. It was bullshit.

It's the same thoroughly average movie every time.

You do realize that shit has been ha penning in comics for over 70 years right?

Fuck that normie shit Dr Who

>CW: Heroes manipulated into fighting against each other. Again.
>Dr Strange; had multiverse and quantum shit at disposal
>does nothing with it
>literally same plot as Thor DW.
>...
>inventive
Marvelshills are pathetic.

>Civil War
>clever
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH HOLY SHIT

Yeah this is what your sets look like when your movie is 90% CG

Civil War
>YOU THINK IT'S GONNA END IN A FIGHT BETWEEN THESE GUYS BUT IT ACTUALLY ENDS IN A FIGHT BETWEEN THESE OTHER GUYS HOLY SHIT MIND BLOWN

Dr Strange
>Dude literally Iron Man lmao

This thread better be bait.

is that fucking real

>Civil War
>clever
Yet another Marvel movie where the villain is so completely dependent on contrived coincidences for his plan to work. First he blows up the accords to frame Bucky, good thing that was happening or else he would have had to blow something else up that wouldn't have been as important, so that the Avengers would work to capture Bucky and then intercept a psychologist and replace him so he could get some alone time with Bucky so he could learn of an operation that he somehow already knew about. He times this with an EMP, so that no cameras can see him talking to this wanted fugitive alone, in a sealed room with no guards. He then exposes himself to Captain America and apparently gives Bucky orders to go get in a Helicopter for some reason, instead of ordering him to kill Black Widow or Tony Stark or anyone that would force Cap to call him a lost cause. He then flies out to a secret Hydra base that has been sealed for what seems like a long time, and gets in because some moron had written down the code to get inside of the secret base. He then shoots all the Winter Soldiers hides in a room and pulls up video footage and waits for Cap and Bucky and Iron-Man to show up, even though he has no reason to believe any of them will be able to find out where he is, so he can show magical video footage of Bucky in his brain washed assassin state Kill Tony's parents, so that he will go crazy and kill Bucky and Cap will beat up Tony and make him into an even bigger asshole. Keep in mind the Heroes don't even know about this plot until the 3rd act and Cap only runs into Zeemo 2 times in the whole fucking movie because it had to share time with the stupid registration gimmick.

Ant-man, Civil War, and Doctor Strange have all had great 3d acts.

DC is putting out the same generic shit.

No. The actors are greenscreened over the greenscreen. They never see eachother or the crew during filming

Results speak for themselves

civil war was bad

Why did wb/dc even try to copy marvel with a "universe"?

>my opinion is legit, guuys

Money, plus continuity makes things less confusing for the normies.

>DC is putting out the same generic shit.

Not going to get any better next year with WW and JL

The same reason every other studio tried with their own version of a "cinematic universe"
$$$$

Everyone wants to get in on cinematic universe shit. There was going to be a "Ghostbusters Cinematic Universe," for fuck's sake. To date, nobody but Marvel has been able to pull it off. I guess that new Harry Potter prequel shit might start one for that franchise though.

Even the Bond franchise fucked up trying to copy Marvel.

>MY OPINION > your dumb opinion

hurf durf

Gaurdians of the Galaxy still has the worst ending in the MCU. It's still my favorite MCU movie but the last act was garbage.

I'm talking about the third act resolved. Please stay on topic

>First Avenger
>bad
I can't wait for when President Red Skull puts everyone like into camps.

yeah man it is bad when was the last time you watched it?

its poorly paced and his team is forgettable

winter solider is the only good cap movie and the best mcu movie

Saw it last week, you have garbage taste.

no u

Dance off bro

>DC used CGI to create an alien genetic mutation and the flaming rubble created by him crashing back down to earth after absorbing the energy of a nuclear warhead

>Marvel used it to create a vacant airport

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH

ok but this guy

They're making a Guts movie?

It should be average. Marvel is not about target marketing, it's about all people marketing.

>lol so clever
Call me when they get clever with their visuals, soundtrack and stories.
Nobody's talking about the movies, they are only talking about their third acts, why all of this butthurt?

a third act that is completely detached from the first and second is not clever, it's the sign of a shitty screen writer.
>but OP was only talking about the third act
OP is a retard with shit taste.

>capeshit movie
>doesn't end with a big beat em up brawl
and then these shills have the gall to say Marvel doesn't try to be anything other than fun capeshit

For a second I thought you were taking about Beserk and I got excited.

>For a second I thought you were taking about Beserk and I got excited.

same

>and DC still couldn't make a decent movie out of that

:'D

List them out for the class, please.

>literally Iron Man
But it was complete opposite of Iron Man.

Because it makes money and they had their interconnected comics first?
>Civil War bad
>Ultron alright
Reverse.

Phase 2 was pretty shit for the most part. I think WS was the only good thing to come out of it

But Guardians and Ant-Man weren't bad. Even IM3 is mostly hated for not muh Mandarin.

>Hey, how about a movie where there's a rich, successful, man who is also very cocky. He's also arrogant and a bit of a douche to a woman who works with him. But she still is into him. Ok so but then this guy gets injured. This injury affects him very deeply and almost threatens his life. With this injury, he's unable to continue his work. SO - he has to find a way to become whole again. This all happens in an exotic locale, by the way. In this exotic locale, he finds new powers he didn't know he had - pushing himself to become even stronger than before. He then uses these abilities to fight a villain that has the same powers as he does (a villain who kills the person who helped him get his new abilities). Then he quips with the woman he was a douchebag to and she still likes him. The end.

Quick. Which one did I describe, user?

>Quick. Which one did I describe, user?

None of them desu senpai

Ultron was LITERAL shit.
Civil war was just figurative shit.

Both are awful and if you enjoy either I think less of you as a person.

btfo

weird. just woke up and went to the loo. was having a dream where I was talking to someone saying how Marvel has had hit films with less known characters loke Dr Strange and Rocket Racoon while DC struggles to make even Batman and Superman films. It pisses me off as a DC fan. I wish we could get hit lesser known DC characters in films, but Warners is fucked.

>user online thinks less of me because of what I think and enjoy
Shit. What am I gonna do with my life. From your one post, I know your opinion is extremely important and you are a leading expert on the subject so I should take you seriously. The reasoning behind your statements was rock solid as well.

Green Lantern?

Legit question for all of you in the thread: How old are you? And why do you still watch manchild movies and unironically discuss it?

>both BvS and SS still ends with their heroes unite to destroy the villain with city being destroyed in the background
SS did not have a city being destroyed and the end battle was only 5 minutes long.

In fact they fooled me by thinking that Joker would have a massive battle with the Squad due to him lying around guns but we never get to see him do any of that.

As long as we get more films like Arrival then I will be happy where it isn't about "LE BIG END BATTLE".

>instead it became more personal fight
>reverse time to undo the city-block destroying
No consequences, lol. It's somehow worse than before.

>rampant destruction is the only consequence that matters

>Capeshit
>"""""inventive""""""

Jesus Christ man.

There hasn't been an interesting capeshit villian since Nicholson's joker.

Avengers - alright
Iron Man 3 - bad
Civil War - good

i thought what they did with mordo was pretty original, how he at the very end reminded how much they've fucked it up took away the common feeling of happiness (or something) in the aftermath of every movie and turned it into something sour i'd say.

>In this exotic locale, he finds new powers he didn't know he had - pushing himself to become even stronger than before.
Only happens with Strange.
>He then uses these abilities to fight a villain that has the same powers as he does (a villain who kills the person who helped him get his new abilities)
This doesn't happen with either of them.