TARANTINO KINO

why didnt he make more movies like this?

Because Jackie Brown sucks.

After JB he got lost in a coke mountain for 5 years.. killed his talent once and for all.

Because no one liked it

shit movie

He was angry that one of his most respected movies is basically 50% novel adaption and 50% homage

Because it was one one of the only movies he's written that was actually adapted from previous material.

And because Inglorious Basterds ignited some huge "period piece revenge story" obsession he can't break. He hasn't made a modern day movie since Kill Bill which was still a revenge story.

Rather than returning to the late millennium crime thrillers that made him famous, though, I'd personally like to see him go in a different direction. Maybe a sci-fi or a horror film, a creature feature. He's obviously a big fan of the Thing with all the references in Hateful Eight, I'd like to see him go all the way with it.

Or maybe a space opera. I dunno. Something besides a revenge movie or a non-linear story about criminals murdering each other.

ACROSS 110th STREET

Can't believe this movie is so old, I have wasted my life.

tell me user, how can i not make the mistakes you made?

favorite Crispin Trantello film, user, good choice. So comfy, and before his films made you want to gag on all the overbaked dialog.

Somehow or other he got it into his head that period revenge movies that are 90% tense conversations held at tables are the hottest shit in the universe. Did people even like Inglorious Basterds that much? I thought it was his weakest movie by far.

The more movies I watch the less I like Tarantino's work with the exceptions of Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs. All the rest feel like inferior remixes of what he's paying homage to or excessive revenge-wank. I'm not too sure what to think of Pulp Fiction though, it's just a goofy crime thing.

he made his Jewvenge movie and Blackvenege movie but he's still got a period piece revenge story to make for native Americans and them one for Asians (trans-continental railroad) and then maybe one for gays and then finally he can move on to something interesting like you say.

I'd be interested in a space opera. Though I'm not sure if it would fit his style. Not that he couldn't potentially change his style but as it is I'm not sure it would work.

Inglorious Basterds is my favorite Tarantino movie.

It's called TaranKino.

plebs get off my board

The opening scene, and the bar scene were straight kino. Everything else in the movie was meh at best.

>TARANKINO

You had one job OP

fpbp

Good times when Tarantino was not into racial wars and anti white propaganda.

Will Sup Forums always be contrarian?

no

Jackie Brown is unironically his best movie.

It wasn't well received by all the college kids who wanted Pulp Fiction 2, so instead of growing as a film maker he decided to just do that instead.

Although not on the same level as Tarantino, it's what happened with Kevin Smith and Chasing Amy. He didn't want to try anymore and just went with what was easy, and now he's really just phoning it in with the Walrus and Yoga hosers shit.

I still haven't finished Jackie Brown, I got really bored of it at some point.
Inglorious Basterds is a masterpiece though.

you mad white boi? lol!

All whiteys must hang