youtube.com/watch?v=HsK3zIWvj1U
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes_and_no
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Frangleterre s'il vous plaît

ok I'll take that instead

>inb4 we're not latin we're franks

we are more germanic than latin

Why is it that france always has the best ideas?

>France
>Belgium
>Romania
>Switzerland
>Latin

kek

With this I am pleased

Just wait a few years for Wallonnia to gain land

Latin is a linguistic grouping, not ethnic.

>French
>Romanian
>Romance Languages

rude

stupid post

Is Wallonia going to take back Rijsel/Lille. You should really stop that rude Wallonian expansionism then.

>romana
>nu o limba latina

we have more roman ruins than france and romania together
France is BARELY latin

What is capital? Why it is paris?

whatever we're the heirs of the roman empire

>Hey Romania, Do you speak a Romance language?
>Da

Loanwords are irrelevant.
The core structure and core vocabulary is what matters.
Languages are very often influenced by their neighbours. This influence is bigger in some and smaller in others.

By your argument, the Finnic family doesn't exist. All Finnic languages have a lot of loanwords. The % of loanwords in commonly used words reaches over 40% in Estonian and Votic. It's smaller in languages like Veps and Ludic, but still very high.

Stop jvcposting

If you analyse the languages it is obvious that French is the result of Franks adopting Latin language and culture, Romanian is the result of Romans migrating to Slavic territory, and Spanish is the result of Arabs and Goths raping the locals.

The fact is, I am able to understand Portuguese and Italias written without having studied Portuguese( I undestand the tugas when they speak, yes some of us actually undestand you) or Italian while Romanian and French is completely alien.

I puked a little in my mouth.

This is disgusting.

>I undestand the tugas when they speak, yes some of us actually undestand you
Fuck, we have to tighten the accent again

Nothing you can do m8

Our best counter-espionage professionals are already on the case:

youtube.com/watch?v=HsK3zIWvj1U

kek.

Is this like.. Irish Portuguese?

That is portuguese from Portugal.

North Interior hillbilly, so Scottish would be the more apt comparison.

Anyway, we'll always have some flavours of Azorean, but then we wouldn't understand it either.

Actually only about 20% of modern Romanian words are of Slavic origin. The rest of our vocabulary is latin

No, fick off nigger

Well French is simpler to understand when written than Portuguese, in some cases even Spanish. The fact that you understand Portuguese and Italian better has only to do with the fact that Italian has imported a shitton of spanish loanwords during the Spanish domain in Italy and Portuguese is an ibero-romance language which for obvious reasons had a huge influence from the rest of the peninsula.

Heck, we even used to say Messere and Madama, just like the French Monsieur and Madame, but later adopted Signore and Signora to emulate the Spaniards.

French grammar and lexicon are the most similar to Italian among all the romance languages, also because Gallia, unlike Hispania, used to speak a variety of Latin closer to that spoken in Italia, and Gauls were often able to speak it better than Italians, while in Hispania a more formal, later related to the church, was widespread.

French is 100% latin, most of the changes that the Franks brought with them are related to the phonetics. Deal with it.

no

yes

Cuck

Why?

Neverming I was just joking, some frenchies from the south go full asperger with this kind of shit. Anyways, I would have liked we had preserved our ancient languages tbqh.

You're not latin

Latin had no word for "yes".

>preferring to unite with your historical rival rather than with countries with which you share artists, historical personalities, culinary traditions, language, history, mentality, political tendencies, customs, religion...

Jeez I wonder why

Hint: I'm not referring to Romania

good good

Wait what

>historical rival

They're also our buds, tho

The only thing that make me feel close to you is my language. We also share a lot with brits.

Every romance language except romanian has their word rooted in a latin word or expression. "Si" coming from "sic" and "oui" coming from something like "hic ille".

You can take them all except Belgium.

''garfadas de sopa''
Uau

>We also share a lot with brits.
Memes apart, I don't get this thing. Unless you're from some region North of Paris, I honestly don't get what the heck would Brits have in common with you. I surely get some British feel in Normandy and Brittany, but the rest? Hell no. Feel free to prove me wrong.

>The only thing that make me feel close to you is my language.
Doesn't matter that half of the Louvre is for Italian artists, that most cultural exchanges were between France and Italy till at least the Romantic era, that we have the same breakfast, that we share the same obsession for wine, cheese and fashion, that Napoleon was italian, that a shitton of popular French singers of the XX century were Italian, that together with Spain we have always been the core of the Catholic world.

I can't believe how much stupid memes such as PIIGS can influence the masses holy shit.

nah, I'm from Touraine.

But I still feel closer to them than to Italians or Spaniards.

>that we have the same breakfast
You eat eggs and pancakes?

>that we share the same obsession for wine, cheese and fashion

I don't drink wine, I don't really eat cheese and I can't dress for shit

>that Napoleon was italian, that a shitton of popular French singers of the XX century were Italian, that together with Spain we have always been the core of the Catholic world

I couldn't care less.

>You ear eggs and pancakes?
No, we eat croissants and drink café au lait. Sounds familiar?

>gnegne I don't care
Whatever, no point in discussing if you can't provide anything to the discussion then apart from "100% totally white british"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes_and_no

>Latin has no single words for yes and no. Their functions as intensifiers and interjections are taken up by using the vocative case. Their functions as word sentence responses to yes-no questions are taken up by sentence adverbs, single adverbs that are sentence modifiers and also used as word sentences.

Western Romance all have their version of Sì tho

>Sounds familiar?

No. Sorry, maybe you thought I was some faggot with an effeminate accent constantly saying 'hon hon hon', wearing a béret, a marinière and a scarf...