>mfw accidently learned american accent instead of british

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hay-OGZFm4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>mfw learned a british accent

>tfw learned south african accent

>tfw i was accidentally taught cajun french in school

RIP senpai

You probably speak a very international version of English, also with your own accent, and no one can tell you speak American instead of British.

I learnt British and they were quite forceful on us with it. Sometimes I still say words such as "crisps", and I always try to use British spelling when writing, but I dont speak either classy British nor hip Am'urican. It just blended into the international English that all non-natives speak

I wish I had a South African accent.

No I had foreigners in my school(private school) and they told I had an american accent. Fucking american cartoons did this to me

That's what you get for watching spongebob

based paki

you must be either roleplaying or retarded because the american accent is infinitely better than the british accent. it's the most neutral english and it's easier to understand than 90%of british accents

Shut up, retard.

>once chance at life
>mfw accidently forgot to live life

Why are French such terrible friends

>one chance at life
>wasn't born in Bristol or derby or Manchester

>american accent
You mean the only relevant and understandable one?

Shut up, retaurd.

actually shut the fuck up you know you're just buttmad because you learned shitty british english instead of superior american english

you are a retard

>implying I can't use both

>mfw I learned southern american accent

>tfw I picked up an irish accent

>tfw learned the manitoba accent

desu you should know how to speak in both accents

>tfw learned transatlantic accent

I want to speak Polish with a Goral accent.

is there a difference between the US western/midwestern accent and the international english that they speak in places like Singapore? I can't hear much of one personally

Jesus, the photoshop in this image is really fucking awful. Whoever made it is probably autistic for real.

you have an accent from watching cartoons?
i don't believe you
you probably just have a paki accent
it is not british or american

youtube example?
i would think they speak with a british accent in singapore. i am not sure what you mean by international accent. american midwestern accent is the standard "neutral" american accent.

Where does one learn that?

Old movies. It was the main accent of the American elite prior to World War II.

I don't have an example, I just know a guy who grew up in singapore and I talk to him pretty frequently and I can't distinguish his accent from an american midwestern one. you could probably find an example prettily easily though

On the bright side OP people will actually be able to understand you.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hay-OGZFm4s

Yes, when your exposed to them inatead of bollywood all your life this happens

>had an australian english teacher in school
>ended up with aussie accent

wew lad

Singapore has its own dialect, there are even pidgin languages there that incorporate English.

indeed

I don't want this. I want the English speaking South African accent

>tfw only slight southern accent
>tfw live in Georgia

All foreigners I've ever met have spoken English in an American accent

The only exception is those people who were actually educated in English private schools