In the future, genetic engineering of humans will become easier and faster...

In the future, genetic engineering of humans will become easier and faster. While many talk about the possibilities of making humans taller and stronger, I envision the possibilities of patterned birth marks, blue hair, and purple eyes. I always wondered if it would possible for humans to have these traits without corrupting our genetic makeup that is necessary for us to survive.

What do you think the future of genetic engineering will bring in addition to disease resistance, better metabolism, etc. What is one unnatural trait you would like to see in humans?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/10/reverse-evolution-explained-hagfish-penguins-snakes-science/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bigger dicc

>your grand-grand-daughter will fuck white looking bisexual nigger whose ancestor actually a chink guy, whose previously chink lass.

Intelligent niggers.

>patterned birth marks
feasible, but increases the risk of skin cancer greatly.
>blue hair
Pretty much impossible. Then it's not going to be hair, not as you know it. No mammal has naturally blue fur, the closest thing you can get are bird feathers and insect wings. A lot of that isn't really blue coming from pigments either.
Simply put, a lot of these animals create the color by their cells diffracting light a certain way, that causes the viewer to see the color blue.
>purple eyes.
That exists in albinos, however most albinos are cross eyed and have vision problems. And over time light is likely to cause retinal damage. Our eyes are pigmented for a reason.
educate yourself.

so that's why the Terrans all look white.

no more hairy ass
no more hairy back
perfect vision
thick dick
no moles
faggots finally become girls
traps too

>What is one unnatural trait you would like to see in humans?
Bringing in genetic material from animals.
That is already in research like the ability to re-grow limbs like fingers and hands etc after an accident.
Also better hearing, sense of smell and eye sight is already being researched.

Unironically this

Maybe get our tails back? They might be handy and since we already have a bone around for them might not be hard.

As someone who has an overly sensitive nose, dry eyes and have family members with bad knees, an acidic stomach, thin hair, heart problems, skin cancer and so on I am always kind of annoyed when people find it unethical to have designer humans.

I find it unethical to let people walk around with such medical complaints when the chances of people getting them can get drastically reduced. Those people who claim to be ethical are literally ruining peoples lives and are just like those idiots who are against all forms of vaccinations.

Or why should some people be dumb, ugly and short. Yeah, very ethical.

>hairy ass
>hairy back
Literally nothing wrong with these

Actually a small percentage of people are born with a tail today still. Usually it's just a thin, fat filled skinny tube exiting the lower back but in rare cases it's fully developed with a complete skeletal structure and muscle.
Sadly it's removed before the baby has a say in it in most cases..
The human body is full of left over genetic material just waiting to be activated again.
For example, a gene that allows people to reflect light in the inner eye just like cats and dogs have been found in Europeans. Meaning if somehow activated, a human would be able to see in the dark.

It is not just unethical it could be genetic suicide. Random traits and trade-offs which seem horrible at the moment could be VERY viable in future.

Look at cicle cell anemia, very useful. Perfection as idiots see it is static weakness.

See this is the way to do it! No need to implant genes or some idiotic purity programs. Play with what we have for now.

having the reproductive organs of both genders and having larger cocks

The solution to that is easy.

Do not allow every generation to have the same scope of genetic modifications. If you can wipe out most illnesses and ugly features in three generations or so then you don't have to modify as much in the generations afterwards. So you can leave room for evolution.

The ability to be turned into a real qt girl(trap abominations don't count, they're just mutilated men).

I will fail

What makes sickle cell anemia viable?

If people can live longer you can have several generations of model humans, followed by several generations with a modification stop, followed again by several generation of model humans and so on.

Just like with agriculture you can't always use the same field every season.

Resistance to Malaria.

having only one copy of the gene means malaria is less able to reproduce inside you, while having enough normal blood cells to survive.

having two copies means you're fucked, your blood cells are too fucked to survive.

Exactly. Even a simple thing as having proper predatory teeth ( as in vampire/animal looking fangs) is available in our genetic makeup.
I mean we have gone through countless steps in evolution and it seems the residue left from all those steps still exists within our bodies.
Something the lab coat people at my job talk about a lot. Some animals have been known to reverse from different evolutionary steps when the environment forces them. For example certain rodents and fish species switch between predatory and non-predatory states by completely reversing their genetic makeup and pretty much turning into a different, much older species.

i don't think you understand how genetics quite works user. they aren't exhausting nutrients or whatever the fuck you are talking about.

if one generation is modified -> every single subsequent generation is modified. this is how evolution works.

IE if one generation decides to wipe out birth defects, every generation will not have those old birth defects.

what do they even teach you dutch in high school? this is high school level concepts.

>For example certain rodents and fish species switch between predatory and non-predatory states by completely reversing their genetic makeup and pretty much turning into a different, much older species.

Source on this you absolute knobhead.

Maybe, but do remember that human value the different as well. I would be very willing to bet that some of those 'ugly features' will be premium commodity in world where everyone has perfect symmetrical beauty.

Ans yes we must improve, but slooooowly. There WILL be those moments where people will go: "Oh damn, who knew that trait 625262 was actually the only thing which kept the dormant superdeath inherent in all out bodies in bay! Whoopsie!" We are a symbiosis of bacteria after all.

>violet eyes
look nice t b h

You are the person not getting it. I think it's desirable to keep those modified features. Those in between periods are not meant to remove those genetic enhancements. It's just meant to decrease the genetic uniformity in certain generations by forcing people to allow natural genetic chances to occur to their DNA (for example by viral attacks).

If it turns out desirable you can use the model generations to streamline the human dna again.

The term is regressive evolution and happens now and again.
For example
news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/10/reverse-evolution-explained-hagfish-penguins-snakes-science/
I think the newest find was the Astyanax cavefish which regressed so far a DNA test showed two different species.

didn't read a pixel

the first generation which will probably be within 20 years is wiping out birth defects/easy diseases IE congential blindness, susceptibility to diseases/cancer, etc.

after that its going to be the easy to hit stuff, IE hair or eye color is definitely possible and definitely easier to do, same with hair texture and so-on.

the really hard stuff and probably what everyone will aim for is figuring out how to make people smarter, which might be achieved only if neuroscience advances at the same time. kids of 2060+ or maybe sooner will probably be born with einstein level intelligence once we map out neurogenetic regulation.

it might be either a way better or a more fucked up world though because suddenly a bigger percentage (from say, 1% to 10%) of the world become geniuses means either they start solving a lot of problems/political issues, or everyone else ends up resenting and hating gattaca babies and we go the route of genociding them and banning it.

its almost impossible to reverse another species to a more "primitive" form because of how complex it is.

its possible for one or two traits but the rest is hard though.

I do not think you know what primitive means, or how genetics work to be honest based on your optimism and use of word 'Einstein Level'

pointed ears would be nice
I think that's possible and harmless

>almost
That being the key word. Almost.
A hundred years ago the idea that we would be able to give people their eyesight and hearing back was considered impossible.
We are making huge leaps in genetic research every day and eventually the key to prying open our genetic coffin so to speak will be found.
That will of course unlock a whole new set of problems, what genes are safe to play with for example? Let's say they activate the gene that made Homo Neanderthalensis so physically bulky and strong. How would that mix with our setup today? We used to breed with them but that was thousands of years ago.

oh okay i thought you meant something as in reverting to the initial state.

with that in mind, changing the easier layer stuff will be done first and probably be the only thing done, IE removing pointless variants like the breast cancer gene BRCA2 which is not at all useful,

changing the immune system/changing other very complex things will probably not even be achieved so genetic diversity won't be a real issue that will permafuck everything.

All these things you linked deal with the loss of eyes, wings, teeth etc. The cavefish didn't turn into a different species but lost its fucking eyes since its in a pitch black cave, idiot. Source on this ludicrous claim
>For example certain rodents and fish species switch between predatory and non-predatory states by completely reversing their genetic makeup and pretty much turning into a different, much older species.

Not just unsual eye color, but we will be able to splice in genes for bioluminescense from various creatures and make wild displays of our bodies, perhaps even being able to make our own natural tattoos

More importantly, we'll be able to engineer electromagnetic abilities like those found in electric eels for things like radio telepathy, biological circuit boards, even being able to operate power devices. The possibilities for opening food sources are also attractive since we could separate the need for energy with our nutrients.

Of course, all this is hinged on the idea that we won't develop a superior material or architecture for increasing self-agency of individuals. Genetic engineering is competitive but not diametric to cybernetics and inorganic automaton structures

primitive in the sense that you are turning say, a bird that evolved to become a chicken back into a dinosaur-like predator. altering species at this level is next to impossible because of how many things have changed.
okay but its way more likely its not single-genes causing this, they've had 500-600k years of seperate evolution so everything from how their genes are regulated to what copies they've had were lost when they were wiped out. we have a copy we can look at today but we really do not know what the vast majority of their genes do.

btw have you heard of svante paabo? the swedish guy who led the neandertal genome project? really, really famous guy in the world of human genetics, was planning on working with him before i switched out of science.

It's easier to evolve by losing useless features (like humans losing their hair) than it is to gain beneficial new features (which needs a random mutation to occur and spread). Especially in the modern world. But there are always residue genetics. If you gain eyes, you won't lose your eyes in the future, but they might gain/lose sharp sight.

A while ago I read how certain dog breeds have changes within generations through selective breeding, sometimes with the span of a human life. So (d)evolving doesn't even have to take very long to happen. I guess this is also one of the risks the Fin talked about. If people only chase visual changes then they might end up deformed in other aspects. For Africans it might not be beneficial to turn white with blonde hair and blue eyes for example.

>wanting body hair everywhere
Even when the world evolves, T*rks are still digustingly behind
another usual day in subhumanistan

not how genetic engineering works you dumbfuck - most of what you list is impossible. Albino's have blue-purple eyes because their blood vessels in the eyes affect the blue colour. How do you imagine, through genetic engineering, you would make proper purple eyes? Blue hair is pretty much impossible, patterned birth marks are dangerous as fuck and useless.

My point in all this is that genetic engineering isn't magical shit, you can't change everything and anything so easily.

Remove hair losing gene ;_;

From starcraft?

yes

>NK
Fake.

But purple eyes are already a thing

saved

they are extremely rare though

This. Lots of body hair is a sign of having aryan blood

I view the inevitable modification of East Asians into Europeans disingenuous.

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

and hear me out

which might be more plausible

that europeans tend to fuck dogs and cats more

just syaing

wings
laser eyes
two dicks

Them liking me

I pray to god that one day my descendants would look like the the Engenieer from Prometheus