Has anyone studied with Erasmus?

Has anyone studied with Erasmus?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bovAfQLM8m8
ec.europa.eu/dgs/education_culture/repository/education/library/study/2014/erasmus-impact_en.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, in Finland. Since it was a frozen wasteland, people were less of "party animals" but they still had that typical normie retardation. If you can manage to find some good people, it is a nice opportunity to travel around and learn about the culture. But regarding the education level of program, I think it is not very effective, yet again it also depends on the student.

>But regarding the education level of program, I think it is not very effective

Why? Some Erasmus shills are at my university. They are saying that Erasmus is the best thing in the entire world but they are biased, of course

i know a guy who went to, i don't remember where for a year, on Erasmus

he passed the exams and overall says it was fine but doesn't talk too much about it

i've studied in the UK and a grill studied in the Netherlands (not on Erasmus), and we weren't into it

>shills in my uni
there is Erasmus in the USA?
pff so much for "european brotherhood"
they should just put the UN flag on it, what a joke

Erasmus in America? I didn't know it was a thing. I met some Americans also but they were complete fedoras. I am pretty sure those people you talked to are happy with programme for other reasons than studying.

Yes, Americans can go to Europe with Erasmus. On their pamphlet, I saw UK, Spainish, French, German universities, but there are probably more. I didn't look further.
> i've studied in the UK and a grill studied in the Netherlands (not on Erasmus), and we weren't into it
Why not?

The Erasmus girl was an American who went to Germany. She said we would meet many new European people, make lots of new European friends, and learn about culture and shit. She seemed very reddit and fedora

the only purpose of jewrasmus is to force people of different nations and even races into loving interracial sex and interbreeding

>Yes, Americans can go to Europe with Erasmus
no they can't, it's a different program with a different name, they probably call it "Erasmus" because of their american retardation

>Why not?
for me everything was expensive and it was back when bgs and ros could only work 20 hours a week if their got yellow card, now that they're leaving the EU it would prob get hard to find work again
it was hard also to fine a place to rent. here it's easy as fuck. the uni had a lot of student, so the lecturers just sang their lecture and left, here it's like 10 people so you can ask questions even out of lectures
also there were a lot of blacks and muslms, and at the end of the day i ended up only hanging out with other bgs. made some brit friends but we don't communicate anymore, also their only idea of fun was going from pub to pub. oh also things weren't as legal as you might things (from work to rent, etc)

as for the grill, she's very religious, and says everyone was a degenerate. as in doing drugs, prostitutes are legal, etc

to everyone who wants to go study / live abroad i tell them to go, because they're going to see if they like it or not. they might idk, but imho it's better to see it not being good, as opposed to having this idea of how awesome it would be

It was called Transatlantic Erasmus or Erasmus Atlantic something. Maybe it was not even the real Erasmus

that sounds awful

> to everyone who wants to go study / live abroad i tell them to go, because they're going to see if they like it or not. they might idk, but imho it's better to see it not being good, as opposed to having this idea of how awesome it would be
I don't want to spend 4 months in another country, to find out it is not good
I think I will stay in the USA

I wish but i have bad grades and I'm too poor and wasting time working as a slave Is not a solution

Which country did you want to go to?

Here, you can pretend you are in the USA
youtube.com/watch?v=bovAfQLM8m8

you become a bigger patriot when you see the reality of it tbqh

it's why i'm not too hard on diaspora

>sounds awful
again tho, for some people it works out, but then you just end up becoming a self-hater

Yes, I went to Spen and didn't learn even 1 day, only parties. All the exams were just passed as soon as I attended because 99% of the Professors didn't know english.

I got laid, I nearly got myself into alcoholism and I left with a truly medi tan. Thank you Spen, thank you Universidad de Navarra.

they sound retarded :D
I don't care that much about which country I Just want to leave, I need to grow up mentally and Erasmus could be the key.

> again tho, for some people it works out, but then you just end up becoming a self-hater
the other Erasmus shill was an American who found a French girlfriend/wife. He is now trying to become a French citizen. He doesn't love American anymore ....

so I think
is right

you are such normie

Hey, you wanted to know how Erasmus looks. It's alcohol and sex, nothing else unless someone is really into learning or has the bad luck to go to a uni where the professors know english.

> 33% of former Erasmus students have a partner of a different nationality, compared with 13% of those who stay home during their studies

sounds about right

ec.europa.eu/dgs/education_culture/repository/education/library/study/2014/erasmus-impact_en.pdf

in scotland it's tuition free for EU members
(and in england the government gives you a loan that you don't have to repay)
(those might change after brexit).
i think it's free in some other places but you'll have to look into it.

you could also try somewhere eastern europe, it would be cheap enough to where you parents wouldn't mind covering it

also some government give their diaspora students money, for example there was a finn in the UK and he said the finish government pays him to study abroad, and it covers all of his expenses. such a program might exist in italy as well

I studied with Erasmus in Finland. Most of the other international students were ultra normies. They had no idea about Finland and even started complaining about the cold and darkness. (They just applied for every country without being prepared for it)
Obviously, all they did was party with the big Erasmus group all day. Most of them did not even show interest in the culture, history or language.

Fortunately I met some nice Finns and they would actually take me to nice historic places

Went to Valencia, met some great people, had a lot of sex, drank a lot of alcohol, learned the language, saw a lot of culture, had some great food, enjoyed studying for the exams at the beach. Best 6 months of my life tbchwy.

REEEEEEEEEEE

Are you now a Soumiaboo

Nope, I left on my own without the need for any program

It's basically one huge drunk orgy. In general you end up meeting more other international students than native ones.

am on it now

Are you in orgy

no

Will you later be in orgy

probably not

you're doing it wrong

No one cares about you raping Japanese schoolgirls, English teacher

maybe

True. I tend to avoid Erasmus people because I know they're only interested in drugs and "free love", life of zero responsibility, zero loyalty to their respective nations and cultures, the perfect puppets EU dictatorship needs to promote its globalist agenda.

If you ever wondered how a typical Erasmus student looks like, google "remain protesters london 2016".

lay Sup Forums off for a while dude

My ex went to Germany through that and eventually married a german after. So she got what she was really looking for...
Erasmus is for people who never did retarded shit in high school (western euros) or grills looking for a foreign diccc.

From what I've heard of it's basically just a chance to drink and party abroad.

GERMED

That is why you don't go to Spain for Erasmus, you fucking normie.

>Has anyone studied with Erasmus?
And who is this Erasmus guy supposed to be? He has a shitty name.

One of my best buddies went on an Erasmus to Estonia. There he fucked a Lithuanian girl with a bf the entire time he was there. He fucked an Italian girl on New Year's Eve and a Turkish girl somewhere else. He literally did nothing but travel, saw like 12 countries. All of Scandinavia, all the Baltic countries, Poland, Ukraine, Russia, Belarus. Didn't study a day and passed everything.

He is an Arab btw and was a virgin until he went there.

>English teacher
speaker

cool story bro

Just giving the OP some perspective about what Erasmus is all about.

That's a really weird thing to become butthurt about btw.

I am the president of the Erasmus Student Network in my city
AMA

Why you useless shits do nothing to create good environment for students, instead of taking them to nightclubs for degenerate fuckfest?

because that is not our task
we organize extracurricular activity for erasmus students, we don't have the power to change university enviroment

How does this Erasmus thing actually work? Can I only go to schools with whom my university has agreements in place?

No, when I was on Erasmus, ALL events organized by ESN were including going to nightclubs or some other retarded shit. Also there were overpriced trips, which are cheaper if you individually.

Which city in Estonia?

I have never done Erasmus myself, so I am the wrong person to ask, but as far as I know, the Erasmus program is only responsible for recognition of the credit points you get in the foreign university, and to help you finance your stay there

We also do things like grilling parties, language coffee, karaoke, etc.

Also, for trips, we get grants from DAAD, so I doubt it would be cheaper to travel alone

YES
They took us to Turkey and that's when I realized that they are subhuman trash.

You can be a semi-normie and still get laid with few girls on erasmus. It's like a ritual.

It's a pleasure trip, you spend 6-12 months banging foreign pussy and getting top marks because erasmus courses are piss easy.

>I have never done Erasmus myself
>president of the Erasmus student network
says a lot about our education facilities

I meant teachers not knowing English and education part of it being a complete failure.

local President gets elected by volunteers
blame demorcay, i guess

I see. Welp, what can you do. When I went there I just said "fuck it" and so I did.

Anyway when I came back I still had to pass half of the exams my year had at the uni while I was gone.

I was a local representative in my city.
Have you ever been to CEP? AGM?
I did a few of those and it was nice.

Unfortunately I havent.
I went to the National Platform last month and I really liked it. I have the feeling that i learned a lot about how politics and comitees work there.
Would you recommend going to CEP and/or AGM?

>American who found a frenh wife wanting French citizenship
Literally me desu, who gives a fuck if we don't want to be American. Cry some more you little bitch

Yes, did a semester in Germany. I can honestly say it was the best time of my life. All the courses I took were basically extra courses which I don't need on my transcript (failed one course anyways).

Yes, I went one year to Milano and it was a great experience. Wish I only dedicated more time to actually learn the language. Didn't fuck but al last came back with all passed and very good grades and visited a few other cities.

9/10 would do it again.

Oh yes. I even went other platforns as a guest as well. You meet some awesome people.
I was working with ESN for 5 years, then I graduated and found a job. I still have friends from all over Europe and a couple from Poland invited me to their wedding this weekend.

more like ORGASMUS amirite
haha

Thanks. If I find the time, I would love to go to AGM

This

>Brit
>Studied in Poland on Erasmus

Honestly the best year of my life. Its an absolutely life changing experience, its getting on for half a decade ago now but I still keep in touch with the people I met. Never felt happier before or after that year.

Its probably different in almost every case but my host university didnt have the most developed English-speaking academia, so I literally only took 'extra' courses designed for Polish students who wanted to have 'studied in English' on their cv, so got top marks whilst putting in literally 0 effort. Judging from other people I've spoken to, other universities have a great deal of patience with erasmus students because they know they're just going to party all the time.

Anyway the whole experience had such an effect on me that I decided I wanted to work with the EU after (int. relations degree so not unrelated), now live in Belgium and starting an internship there in October. Everything I achieved since I came back from studying can be traced to my experiences there.

You'll never fall in love, have better friends, drink more alcohol, party more or travel more than your erasmus exchange.

The only downside is that its fucking impossible to return to normal life afterwards, my erasmus year was the best of my life, and the year after was the worst.

>and a couple from Poland invited me to their wedding this weekend.
Do post about your experiences after this weekend

had a chance to go to helsinki but just did a year in industry instead
sad

this

I was selected for France but didn't go because the courses were absolute useless trash

the only reasons to go are

1. you want to fuck
2. you want to boost your grades (without effort)

HUN'D

>covers all his expenses
He gets 500 euros a month for free and is eligible for a loan of 800 euros each month. Regular finnish students (in uni and such) grt 500 euros a month + are eligible for a 400 euro monthly loan.

did you vote remain

funny thing, we had a british girl over here last year who voted leave

Yep. Campaigned for 'remain' too. Although before my erasmus, I was very much on the fence about the EU and didnt really care either way.

Will I get deautismed at Erasmus?

THIS

how will you work in the EU now that Brexit is certain?

apparently it's possible to go to south korea or japan through the erasmus+ network, because they're partners of the program or something
inshallah i'll go there if my grades aren't too shit

Do they actually look at your grades?

i don't know how it's in other universities, but at mine, they don't accept your application if you have failed a certain number of exams
i need to retake 2 next semester and if i fail them i won't be able to apply

usually you just need to pass the bare mininum exams not be considered a complete failure

Really? I had to get my Japan-experience through 'friend-universities', didn't see a option to go to Japan through erasmus+.

Did Erasmus in high school, it was a one week trip and then we had the guys come here over for one week
I went to Germany and a german came here, it was very fun. German girls are great, lost my virginity to one

It depends on the Brexit negotiations - people like Verhofstadt are all about tabling ideas for an opt-in to European citizenship for Brits, which would negate the issue entirely. If that fails, because of reciprocity and my time spent here, I think I'd be able to work here on the same deal that allows EU citizens already in the UK to stay there.

If all that fails, by the time the negotiations are concluded and whatever, I'll probably have met the criteria for living here long enough to claim Belgian citizenship.

Its all relative to how popular the program is at your uni - I was one of four people in my year to do the programme, but in many places, literally every single student will apply for it and they impose restrictions like this.

jesus christ what a leech

I will

> Do not know if parody or not

going to Roma in a couple of months, wish me luck lads

Why would it be a parody?

thanks

my brother got his current wife thanks to Erasmus
she came from Brazil to Santiago de Compostela

Man, I went to Valencia as well and had exactly the same experience. That place is fucking incredible!
Amunt!

why would you go to another country and expect it to have the same quality of life as the USA?

which university? I know a spanish guy in Erasmus, he found a house near stazione Termini
so find your house nearest possibile to your university, traffic is hell here

And this is why everyone hates you