1. Your native language

1. Your native language
2. How well can you understand the following?

>Le Statos Unite de America (SUA) es un republica constitutional federal componite de cinquanta statos e un districto federal, Washington, D.C.. Le majoritate del nation esse locate in America del Nord, con un extension total de 9 529 063 km2; il etiam habe plure territorios pacific e carribean.

>Le population statounitese conta tres centos milliones habitantes. Ethnicitates minoritari include representantes de cata nation in le mundo, gratias al rolo importante del immigration in le economia e historia del nation; e le americanos indigena. Le lingua le plus parlate es le anglese, secondo le espaniol es multo usate (con plus de 30 milliones parlantes, 11%) e le linguas asiatic e indigena.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dCHi5apc1lQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1. Spanish
2. I understand everything

100%

English
I can understand everything wtf

nada

1. French
2. Understood mostly everything.
> gratias al rolo importante del immigration in le economia e historia del nation; e le americanos indigena
Did not understood what "e le americanos indigena" meant.

Russian
Understood 80%

English
Understand 99% of it

The USA is a constitutional federal republic composed of 50 states in a federal district, Washington DC. The majority of the nation is located in North America, with a total area of 9,529,063 km^2; it had many Pacific and Caribbean territories (only sentence I wasn't sure about).

The US has 300 million inhabitants. Minority ethnicities include representatives of every nation in the world, thanks to the important role of immigration in the economy and history of the nation, and the indigenous Americans. The most spoken language is English, in second place is Spanish which is very used (with more than 30 million speakers, 11%) as well as Asiatic and indigenous languages.

1. spanish
2. literally everything

>american edukado

1. Portuguese
2. Can understand it all pretty well

2. Everything. Unless that's a grocery list, in which case I misunderstood it all.

*and a federal district

1.French
2. Can """almost""" understand everything

This

1. Greek
2. This is clearly a dialect of Greek.

1. Norwegian
2. Almost everything

It's literally English.

Nice try, interlingua, nice try...

HOWEVER

1.italian
2."il etiam habe plure territorios pacific e carribean." i have problem only with this phrase

1 flag
2 i can understand everything

>Did not understood what "e le americanos indigena" meant.
What? It obviously means "and the indigenous Americans"
Almost everything thanks to my English and French. I didn't get only one thing: if "cata" means "most" or "all".

understood every single word and the meaning of each sentence. I have not spent 1 minute studying Spanish ever.

It means "each". In Spanish we say "cada".

cata = cada (esp) = each (eng)

100%. Is that Ido? Interlingua?

Don't they teach you Latin at school?
Etiam is "also".

"They also have more Pacific and Caribbean territories"

Oh shit it's interlingua not Spanish

It doesn't seem to be Spanish, but Interlingua, a constructed language with less grammatical rules

>Spanish is more closely related to French than Italian
Than why is Italian so much easier for me to understand?

Your greentext sentence is false.

polish, know some basic italian words which are literally the same or similar to spanish apparently (not all i guess)

The United States of America (USA) is a republic constitutional federal country(?) with(?) 50 states and a capital state/city(?), Washington, D.C.. The majority of nation is located in North America, with a extension of total 9 529 063 km2; a country(?) has many pacific and carribean territories(?).
The US population consists of three hundred million residents. Ethnic minorities include (?), thanks to important role of immigration in economy in the history of nation; in the american (?). The languages mostly(?) spoken is english, secondly spanish which is spoken by many people(?) (with over 30 million speakers, 11%) (?) is the language asian and native.

this is how much i understood

>Spanish is more closely related to French than Italian

It's not true though, OP's pic doesn't imply that at all. In fact, the French and Italian flags are closer to each other in the pic.

We have a lot of influences from German and old Celtic words as well.
In fact, phonetically we're closer to German than to Spanish or Italian.

OP's pic has Portuguese, Spanish, and French is the "Western" category and Italian in its own, separate one. Usually things in the same category are supposed to be more similar to each other than to anything outside that category

One of you means "Spanish is closer to French than Spanish is close to Italian" and the other one means "Spanish is closer to French than French is close to Italian".

t. Language expert

I understood 100%.

Don't confuse a phylogenetic chart, such as the one in the OP, with an intelligibility chart.

From a strictly historical and linguistic point of view, French and Spanish can be said to be closely related than Spanish and Italian, but French underwent a MASSIVE chain of sound changes that made it quite different from the rest of Romance languages. As a result, it's really hard for the average Spanish speaker to understand spoken French whereas it's not so difficult to understand at least some Italian, even though our languages are more distantly related.

French
everything except some words

>Did not understood what "e le americanos indigena" meant.
Des americans indigenous or something, dumbass

Rhode Island please leave

It's what the "and" referred to that I didn't understood.
Now I see.

Two languages being phylologically related does not necessarily mean that they are closer to each other than languages to which they are more distantly related.

Low German is "technically" closer to English than to Standard German, but Low German is also a German dialect.

It's widely accepted that French and Italian are closer to each other than Spanish and Italian.

Sorry but I already gave the same learned explanation.

1. Italian
2. Literally everything, some words are different but I could easily figure out their meaning from the context

>It's widely accepted that French and Italian are closer to each other than Spanish and Italian.

This Murrican is right, this statement shouldn't be confused with the fact that an Italian and a Spaniard will understand each other better in an oral conversation than a French and an Italian, especially due to Spanish and Italian having similar phonologies.

Italian and French are grammatically more similar to each other. Example:

Io bisogno de (ita)
Je besoin de (fr)
Yo necesito (esp)

Yet I believe that educated French and Italian people would understand the Spanish verb "necesitar" since they have an archaic version of the same verb in their own languages as well.
There is plenty of examples of this kind, it's also very common between Portuguese and Spanish.

>French
Everything except "cata" but I deduced it was the same as the french "chaque"

wtf since when does Sup Forums have interesting posts about foreign languages

same

When Sup Forumssters are asleep

Completely understood both.

1. Japanese
2. 70%

wait, I read it carefully and i'm pretty sure I got 99%

Same here.

Esto

>phonetically we're closer to German than to Spanish or Italian
C'est récent ça.

Same here.

"il etiam habe plure" is the only part that is uncomprehensible. But with that context, I'd guess it means 'tambien hay/tiene muchos'

1.speak turkish, english, spanish
2.%100 percent

Estados Unidos de América es una república federal constitucional compuesta de cincuenta estados y un distrito federal. La mayoría de la nación se encuentra en América del Norte, con una extensión total de 9.529.063 km2; también tiene otros territorios en el Pacífico y en el Caribe.

La población estadounidense es de trescientos millones de habitantes. Hay etnias minoritarias representando a cada nación del mundo, gracias al importante rol de la inmigración en la economía e historia de la nación, además de los indígenas americanos. La lengua más hablada es el inglés, seguida del español (con más de 30 millones de hablantes, un 11%) y de lenguas asiáticas e indígenas.

In Interlingua: "Io bisonio de"

Same
This
My school only taught me Latin, Greek and Nahuatl roots with their respective alphabets in case they had one, so just the basics. But I honestly already forgot.

I understand less than 10% of what you said. I guess I am the only one who's taking German...

1. Spanish
2. I understand everyting but it took me more time to read than spanish.

FUCK OFF WITH THIS SPANISH SHIT

Almost every word is shared with English. If you know English, you should be able to read it.

Etiam = anche/tambien

Io ha comprende quasi toto. Penso que es multo facile per comprender l'alie.

I had some problems with cada too, then I supposed it had the meaning than in italian has "cadauno", that is very rarely used though.

I'll try to do say what OP typed if you want me to; I don't care if I become a laughingstock.

1. German
2. 100%

Same

because it is spanish shit created by spanish speaking people fuck off and go eat cocaina you piece of mierda

Honestly I really like interlingua, it feels way more natural than esperanto

so if I learn this language will I be able to understand all romance languages when written?

This

1. Flag
2. 100%

Really, nobody wants to see me embarrass myself?

Io etiam. Iste lingua es plus natural que Esperanto, e si lo sapes, es plus facile apprender totos de linguas romanic.

the gaulish accent in French completely ruins it for me in speech, its kinda like the vowel shift in english making arbitrary vowel pronunciation (or rather skipping) rules
its great in french songs tho
youtube.com/watch?v=dCHi5apc1lQ

>cada uno
>each one
i wonder where italian got that word... trade with catalans maybe?
how many (You)s do you need to post the vocaroo and why havent you done it already in the first post
i would change "plus" for "mais/mas" there

Because I don't want to do it. I'll only do it if someone wants me to try.

Fuck it.

>The United States of America (USA) is a federal constitutional republic composing of 50 states and a federal district, Washington, D.C.. The majority of the nation is located in North America, with an total extension of 9, 529, 063 km2; there is american territories in the pacific ocean and Caribbean.

>The population is over 300 million. Ethnic minorities include

Butthurt much?

Even I can read this, dude.

the most literal translation of the 2nd part would be like this (order can be kinda messed to keep it as literal as possible)
>The Unitedstatian population amounts to three hundred million habitants. "Minoritarial" ethnicitiess include representative of each nation in the world, thanks to the important role of inmigration in the economy and history of the nation; and the indigenous americans. The language most spoken is english, the second is spanish wich is "very used" (with over 30 million speakers, 11%) and the assian and indigenous languages.

i thought you meant you would try to say it out loud in vocaroo, or at least record what you thought it meant in vocaroo
conta / cuenta = counts - amounts to

dunno how you didnt get that "representantes" = "representatives"

dear God no, that would be awful.

>>Le Statos Unite de America (SUA) es un republica constitutional federal componite de cinquanta statos e un districto federal, Washington, D.C.. Le majoritate del nation esse locate in America del Nord, con un extension total de 9 529 063 km2; il etiam habe plure territorios pacific e carribean.
The United States of America (USA) are a constitutional federal republic consisting of fifty states and one federal district, Washington D.C.. The majority of the nation is located in northern America with a total area of 9 529 063 km2; [it has additional pacific and carribean territories?]

>>Le population statounitese conta tres centos milliones habitantes. Ethnicitates minoritari include representantes de cata nation in le mundo, gratias al rolo importante del immigration in le economia e historia del nation; e le americanos indigena. Le lingua le plus parlate es le anglese, secondo le espaniol es multo usate (con plus de 30 milliones parlantes, 11%) e le linguas asiatic e indigena.
The population of the United States counts three hundred million habitants. Ethnic minorities include people from [every?] nation on the world, giving immigration an important role in the economy and history of the nation; [and the native Americans?]. The most spoken language is English, on the second place Spanish gets used a lot (with more than 30 million speakers, 11%) and asian and indigenous languages.

Never learned Spanish but pretty sure about like 80-90%

DUH YOU'RE A FUCKING MEXICAN OF COURSE YOU CAN READ IT

full-blooded Mormon pioneer
pic related

1. English.
2. I figure I understood it well enough. Took half my courses in French back when I was a kid. Romantic languages are pretty similar.

English but I did a bit of French and Spanish at school
Everything

1.la glorieuse langue française
2.100%

>Romantic
its "romance"
go to bed Tiago

>its "romance"
Kek. My mistake. English is far superior anyway.

>esperanto

GO EAT COCAINA YOU BURRITO SHIT ARRIIBA ASASJASJASAJ JAJAJAJ MACONHEIRO DA PORRA VAGABUNDO LIXO

>Mormon
Tell us some of the religion's secrets. What's up with the magic underwear for example?

Also there are Mexican Mormons m8. I don't know why but there are.

When you're getting married or going on a mission you go to the temple, do some funky ceremony, and get given your garments ("magic underwear").

They're supposed to protect you from Satan. Lots of anecdotes/faith-promoting-stories about this or that soldier in some odd war whose garments stopped a bullet, or some dude who stopped wearing garments and fell to the snares of the devil.

I'm no longer practicing, it should be said..

>Also there are Mexican Mormons m8. I don't know why but there are.

I don't really know much about these guys, but a lot of them immigrated back to my town when Pancho Villa was in charge of Mexico. Their descendants are called Pachecoites.

Pancho Villa is still villainized by this group.

About 90%

you're biased into having the wrong opinion, i don't blame you

It's literally the result of years dealing bacalhao whit portugas.*

1. English
2. Understood everything