Why isnot Spain developing aircrafts like France or UK?

we have CASA but it is part of Airbus Military now, but look frenchies they have own aircrafts like Dassault Aviation ( Mirage 2000 ,Falcon X etc)

youtube.com/watch?v=-YEhGYjDS1U

i am jealous of them at least in aircraft developing

Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurofighter_Typhoon
youtube.com/watch?v=yMNyHoUBoZI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Spaniards are too stupid and sub-human to actually contribute anything of worth to humanity.

nobody cares about indian opinion

I'm pretty jelly of French military hardware too. At least in the way it's domestically produced.

Because you're poor by even European standards.

Doesn't Spain operate the Typhoon? Weren't they involved in developing it?

>mexican flag
Post checks out.

Yes. They fly F-16s too

My bad, they fly F/A-18s. Poortugal is the one with F-16s

>Doesn't Spain operate the Typhoon?
yes we cooperate with Germany ,UK and Italy

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurofighter_Typhoon

Poor
No industries whatsoever
No need of a real army anyway

>Yes. They fly F-16s too
F-18s and Eurofighters
youtube.com/watch?v=yMNyHoUBoZI

I corrected myself. Had you guys and Portugal mixed up.

Countries which produce aircraft either

a) have foreign buyers
b) big enough domestic market

spain neither has a real military, not is relevant, nor would anyone ever buy or rely on spanish """""""engineering""""""""". german and french tech/engineering on the other hand is reliable and well-known.

this is why spain will cant take back gibraltar

our little boats and merlin helicopters will protect gibraltar.

The Royal East Mexico Air Force is legitimately less shitty than the German one.

>What is Navantia

This Tbh. Spaniards just aren't innovative enough and motivated enough

spniards never produced their own weapons, they mostly used italian made weapons in the wars they fought

I think Spain should buy the RAFs old Tornados when they retire them because I love that plane and the thought of the only remaining ones rusting away in the Luftwaffe or being flown by incompetent Italians depresses me.

Spain are still operating the Harrier. I hope they look after them.

How did this dependency on foreign powers come to be on Spain? Why can't they be more like the French or Swedes?

Drop the proxy, Pierre

Of what time are you talking about

So do we. They're pieces of shit that crash all the time. But they're piloted by Marines so no one cares.

Says the one that still has shitty f5's

Not joking
Effectively being one with the US is good in that when we make something decent (armour, weapons) we have a large customer base - so great for shareholders and arms co's.
But also means we can't be truly independent in our foreign policy from the US. Your nuclear deterrant is 100% French for example, as it should be.

>tfw you pretend you won WW2 but you lost your empire and independence
>tfw suez

Franco-Anglo union when

>why isnot Spain developing aircrafts like France or UK?
why develop something on your own that would require billions of Euros and decades when you buy something from your fellow Europeans?

even if you did it on your own, there would be no guarantee that it could compete with your present planes

Britain does have BAE Systems, the third largest developer and exporter of military hardware in the world. The UK also does jointly develop military hardware with France, a lot of missile technology through the likes MBDA too.

>spniards never produced their own weapons,
what is toledo swords

There's no actual reason for our nuclear deterrent to be dependent on the Americans, though. It's arguably a huge security threat. Not that other user btw.

other western europeans used to say that spaniards are backwards and behind in the sciences (see black legend)

if it's true they are mixed with primitives from north africa then that's probably why they are so backwards compared to other euros

Britain makes its own warheads though, and we do not need their permission to launch them if the need arose.

It's not about blood, it's culture. Spain was most scientifically productive when they were Muslim. The Christian culture was anti-science and the little science that mattered was Artistotleian, a.k.a retard """"science""".

except that's not true until the 19th century

Don't be so paranoid Airstrip One.

>Spain was most scientifically productive when they were Muslim
Yeah no

we are poor and stupid? more doubts?

Are you buying F-35 or too poor?

Hello
>implying Spain would not have a big enough home market
Swedish fighter programs have never relied on foreign sales

You don't even have food...

Shouldn't we invest in drone technology instead?

>Are you buying F-35 or too poor?
apparently Spanish government wants to buy F 35 for replacing Harriers

Yeah yes

but the guns that they used in pre-industrial times to shoot muslims, natives and germanics were italian made

I don't know why you hate us, some Spaniards have sephardi jew ancestors

Also you can get spanish citizenship if you want too

Spain has aircraft carrier you fucker.

i'm dominican, i have spanish ancestors

Are you jew or tourist? How did you end up in there

Fun fact: the Domican Republic is one of the only countries after WW2 that was willing to accept large amounts of kikes because their dictator hated shitskins and thought if he brought in enough Jews he could slowly breed the brown out of his populace.

Now I understand you,

Average sudaca Who blames Spain about everything

Because developing fighter jets are completely different than developing normal aircrafts.

Embraer had to crack their heads during the AMX bomber development and they only developed parts of it.

blame for what

spaniards are just not industrious, it's not a big deal, many other races/ethnicities are backwards too

Because you are wasted potential the country.

We are too smart to go to war
Why make aircraft?

They're still a liability. Look back to Skybolt, where America actively tried to end the independence of our deterrent and bring us into a dual-key arrangement.

implying spain can produce aircraft

face it, you are weak and incapable of competing with the big dogs, the only reason you did manage to do it in the past was because of italian mercenaries who made up the bulk of the spanish army