Castles

Post the largest castle in your country

:^D

that's a big "castle"

pmub

a fucking hotel

>not having THE largest castle

we don't have any real castles, I hate when N. Americans try to compete with Europeans in things like castles. They can't separate authentic medieval architecture, simplicity, beauty, and history with things like size and extravagance and just pull out stupid tacky shit like neo-Gothic skyscrapers to compete

We do have a handful of Starforts though

Fort Ticonderoga/Carillon

The French blew up quite a bit of it before vacating it and it was abandoned for a few decades before the Revolutionary War so I don't know what buildings are actually original and what are reconstructions

interesting design, reading about it quickly I still don't quite follow how it works. It's guarding a particular pass through the mountains?

hearst is borderline castle

You have a point, but... do you have to be such a dick about it? Seriously, chill out.

What castle is that?

>Built
>1919

Under what definition is it a castle? An estate, yes, not a castle. It was not used for defensive purposes. Hell, even if you're looking for castle-like estates, there's plenty of cooler ones in the US than Hearst's

malbork

I'm sure there's bigger ones but this one looks good

how am I being a dick about it? It just lowers the quality of interesting threads like these when other american posters get into an ironic AMERICA FUCK YEA! spree and flood the thread with pictures of Skyscrapers or something of that sort

More of a fortress than a castle
Gormaz

I think this is what inspired Castilla's flag/coat

OP, isn't a castle a fortified palace? The Chateau Frontenac is a hotel, not a building meant to withstand an attack from a military.

That being said, I went to the Chateau Frontenac for my first anniversary with my GF and it was pretty amazing.

>Told them while booking reservations that it was our anniversary, but perhaps that didn't translate well into French because they gave us a "happy one year wedding anniversary" card in our room, along with free pastries

Kek. 10/10, would do again.

Not sure if biggest

I would have thought you meant WEDDING aniversary too psh (per se honest)

Why do so many people here confuse palaces and 18/19 century forts with castles?

Does this count?

>inb4 white castle

too bad it's not even Polish

Marienburg

psh, nothin dishonest kid

>too bad it's not even Polish
Too bad we bought it fair and square. Also I just double checked the maps and it seems that in fact it's a property of Poland.

Sorry to burst your bubble princess.

build by poland desu senpai

the Buda Castle is the world's 7th largest castle complex