What do Europeans think of our SCUDs, specifically , R-11 and R-17?

What do Europeans think of our SCUDs, specifically , R-11 and R-17?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1s77cqabHsM&ytbChannel=World Conflict Films
youtu.be/o89BYp95Qiw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

outdated and easily interceptable, hence Iskander

Who are they pointed at?

To whoever don't celebrate Easter, my friend

servomotor is broken, so probably... malawi.. i guess.

Yeah, fuck Malawi, US puppets.

Well.... They are apart of the Commonwealth so you're not entirely wrong

Scuds are pretty outdated and can (and will) be tanen down by modern SAM systems.

The Iskander system however is a bit more tricky

>and easily interceptable
>tactical warhead
>easily interceptable

Go ask Poland.

Implying europe has alot modern SAM systems outside US military bases

>The Iskander system however is a bit more tricky

If the US military hasn't discussed and developed solutions for this, then my tax money is going to waste.

What the fuck are you trying to get at?
Of course they do, almost all NATO/EU countries have modern military tech. The U.S. forces them too.

>Scuds are pretty outdated

That shit is from the 1960s. Calling it "pretty outdated" is not a strong enough euphemism.

your post number

>almost all NATO/EU countries have modern military tech.
by 1992 standarts

>modern SAM systems
Too bad that only we have them.

>I dont know about the SAMP-T system

This is what vatniks actually belive

bretty nice

I dont think you are the ones to bitch about that when 80% of your tank fleet is T-72s and T-80s, and when your whole fleet is from the 80's

Not to mention small arms...

Also, a large portion of their shit is just rusting at depots

San Andreas Multi Player?
T-80 would btfo leo2a4 which is 80% of european tank fleet

Russian SAMs are modern by 1988 standards.

>coming form a USpoor
Your SAMs are not even S75 tier

>T-80 would btfo leo2a4 which is 80% of european tank fleet
Not by any strech of the imagination, but the T-80U is perhaps on par. Most european nations worth a shit runs 2A5s or 2A6 tho.

The main problem is the short rods of the 2-pice ammunition used in the 2A46 gun.

Also, the T-80 fleet is probably beeing phased out faster than the T-72 as the production plant and most spare parts was/is made in Ukraine

they get drunk and lazy like a kaccap

youtube.com/watch?v=1s77cqabHsM&ytbChannel=World Conflict Films

>Russia
>Calling anyone else poor

Come back when your economy is larger than Italys and when it isnt based on oil exports like a 3rd worlders

you are dumb

All we'd have to do is press a couple of buttons to turn Russia into glowing green waste. Lyl.

At least Im not poor

please stop humiliating us

Me neither
same lul

look at this guys, it's like a poetry
poetry of war

>Me neither

By our standards, yes you probably are, unless you are quite a bit above the avrage russian

America still seems to be worried about what North Korea are up to, and they're using reverse engineered Scud missiles for their shit.

Thats mainly because nobody knows how advanced they actually are, and because its much more likely they would use a nuclear-equipped weapon than anyone else

I have no idea about military tech, but I heard Russians have the best anti air missiles in the world

and nuclear missels and jets and tanks and so on

All depends on what factors you count.

>Range?
Yeah, the 40N6 missile of the S-400 system is unbeaten
>Radars, sensors and networking?
They have some catching up to do, but that is also a doctrinal issue.

The problem at the extreme ranges is the curvature of the earth, after all 400 km is 1/10 of the distance around the planet. So unless your target is at a very high altitude you cant track or intercept it anyway.

>nuclear missiles
Yeah, Ill give you that one, but that is again doctrinal, as you focus on offensive nuclear capabilities, and not on protection against ICBMs.
>Jets
For airshows, yeah. But not for combat, the US beats everyone there fair and square

Forgot tanks.

Not in any way, hope or shape. The T-14 is meme-tier and only produced in small numbers. The bulk of your forces is still uppgraded T-72s.

Ivan please.

Anyway the real advantage modern militaries have is their space and communications tech.
If you don't have satellites above, you're basically a medieval calvary unit vs a modern tank. All you can do is wage an endless guerilla war of attrition after your actual military has been wiped out.
You can give a country like Iran your latest and greatest gear and we'll destroy it all within a few weeks because of this.

>All you can do is wage an endless guerilla war

Seems to work fine against you in Vietnam and Afghanistan

>can easily shot down sattelites
>medieval calvary unit
Upgraded T72s can easily destroy any western counterparts. West always lagged behind pact in tank tech.

Just stay away from Estonia m8, we've sent our tank units to keep them safe. At least the Challenger II has seen years of action and has been tested extensively, albeit against older tanks tbqf.

>Upgraded T72s can easily destroy any western counterparts.
Hahahahahaha

Those short rods cant even penetrate a 2A4 you vodkaautist.

West lagged behind in the 60's and 70's but you are still stuck using what you invented in the 70's while the west developed newer far more capable tanks in the mid 80's

The T-72 has also seen plenty of combat. None of them ever saw combat twice tho

Absolutely expert opinion lad. Jesus christ why cant people shut the fuck up when they clearly dont know jack shit.

>Anyway the real advantage modern militaries have is their space and communications tech.
That might work against illiterate farmers in the desert, but against an industrialized country that has ways of destroying and interfering with satellites like Russia I'm much more skeptical how long those systems will last.

But the is pretty much correct tho.

>UK trains over 5000 Ukrainian troop

Your days are numbered.

>Europeans

That's BrahMos right?footage from Kalam missile testing island.

*destroys your shittank
there are so many brainless amerishills you will like this board

Soon.

During the attack Trooper Sean Chance, a 20-year-old serving with the Queen's Royal Hussars, lost half of his left foot; two other crew members were injured.

The unit's commander described the moment the tank was hit by the missile in a letter he wrote to the wounded soldier in March. The officer wrote: "I recall seeing it [the RPG-29 being fired] and thinking, 'Oh Christ, that's bad.'

>The tank, which had already been hit by 10-15 RPGs, small arms and sniper fire, was attempting to draw fire away from another callsign that had become stricken.[citation needed] Its driver, Trooper Sean Chance, lost part of his foot in the blast; two more of the crew were slightly injured. Chance was able to reverse the vehicle 1.5 mi (2.4 km) to the regimental aid post despite his injuries.
>Since then, the explosive reactive armour has been replaced with a Dorchester block and the steel underbelly lined with armour as part of the 'Streetfighter' upgrade as a direct response to this incident.

Good brave lads. Lessons have been learnt it seems.

Do they have modern warheads for the old RPG-7 launcher?

>What do Europeans think of our SCUDs, specifically , R-11 and R-17?- 55 posts and 10 image replies shown.

I loved them in Operation Flashpoint

phew! that's a relief

1988 tandem and thermobarics
1999 HE

Can T-80 take on a couple of chechen mujahideen though?

Its not shilling if it is correct.

The US spends ten times as much as you on its military, and guess what, it is better. Weird isnt it?

>it is better
bigger=/=better silly

They are better than you in allmost all respects.

A US carrier can carry more than twice as many planes as your scrapheap and they have 11 of them.

They have over 200 operational stelth fighters, you have none.

They have a navy that wasnt fielded in the 80's and an army that stomped the shit out of every nation with T-72's they have ever met.

There's no military on earth that comes close to our capabilities.

Any country with AShMs can easily destroy carriers.

true.
and that russian poster is probably a kremlinshill or just baiting

>They have a navy that wasnt fielded in the 80's and an army that stomped the shit out of every nation with T-72's they have ever met.

In all fairness, we've never faced the domestic Soviet T-72 on the battlefield, just export versions operated by sand niggers. However, even the domestic model would be horribly outdated by modern standards.

Didn't know Sup Forums was full of military experts

int is full of all kinds of experts

Do you actually belive this?

That EW, SAMs, CIWS and fighter jets doesnt exist?

Anything able to launch Ashms will be Btfo by the carriers air wings long before its within range.

Fair enough, but if it was any good I would have assumed that even the export models at least would have been able to knock out one of yours.

I mean how big can the leap be between the export model and a Russian one?

Quite a bit actually. Soviet tanks were designed to operate on the Eurasian plain, they were poorly suited to the climate of the Middle East, maintenance of them was lousy, and Arabs in general suck at regular war, they can only do insurgencies.

The domestic model had some extra features that the export T-72 lacked although I'm not completely clear on the details.

Expert here. Can confirm

Those are big missiles.

4 u

these things are cooler

sometimes I wonder if that even works or is it there completely hollow and rusting like everything made in ex-urss golden days.

do you guys remember when the russians were making the next big thing in tank designs and the damn thing broke during the Russian victory day parade.

youtu.be/o89BYp95Qiw