discord.gg/neA547g

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!8ag0iDZI!U75EFEcvTer7zml6z0w7lQ
mega.nz/#F!MGw0GSzD!wcbxqAYOvDHSprwwOOUsaw
amazon.com/Rapid-Reading-Japanese-Sokudoku-Nihongo/dp/4789009157

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=112617
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Another day of hard studying! Lets do it, boys!

>Anki marks card as "leech"
>what the fuck is a leech
>apparently if you fail a card enough times Anki just says "fuck it I've had enough trying to teach you this shit" and just pulls it from the deck
>mfw the card in question is 嫌い

Y'all fucken weebs and I hate every last one of you.

Just study like normal people do. Read books and write your own flash cards by hand.

Leech cards are there so you don't get frustrated with a card you clearly aren't learning. It's there to help you, user.

This whole language is leeching away at my life

When the fuck does reading stop being a fucking chore? How long does it take until it stops sucking, huh?

It's a long and gradual process. Read one decent length VN and you should find the easier parts stop being a chore. Read 10 and only stuff like newspapers or heavily literary writing should be a chore.

Is Morph Man worth it or am I better off sticking with the default algorithms?

You need to change your deck settings so that "leech action" is set to "Tag Only." This will make it so that you are notified of when you're struggling too much with a card. When you see a card get marked as a leech, write it (with its meaning) on a piece of paper and carry it with you for a couple of days, and just keep looking at it every hour or two. It'll go a long way towards helping you remember them.
I've accumulated a lot of leeches, but it's not like you can afford to just decide not to learn them. You're absolutely going to need them, especially those from Core.

How big is the gap between N3-N2?

What particle should I use to mark the thing I'm sorry about when saying ごめん? Is it を? Like, 言った事をごめんね or something like that?

てごめん
As in 変なこと言っちゃってごめん.

>Trying to improve my listening comprehension
>Start watching an anime episode without subs
>I don't know what they are saying 30% of the time
>10 episodes later
>I don't know what they are saying 30% of the time

Am I actually getting better or should I just grind vocab?

>forgot to close/sync Anki before I went to bed
>power went out
>I download the scheduling info from Ankiweb because I'm a retard
>Yesterday doesn't exist any more
O-okay. I guess this is how I skip my first day.

みゅ~こん! 第1巻
mega.nz/#F!8ag0iDZI!U75EFEcvTer7zml6z0w7lQ

きらきらスタディー~絶対合格宣言~ 第1~2巻
mega.nz/#F!MGw0GSzD!wcbxqAYOvDHSprwwOOUsaw

If you're ever stupid enough to let this happen to you, you can restore your Anki backups from Anki2/[Profile]/backups
Try them one by one from the most recent until you find one that works.

Reminder that learning Japanese won't bring the golden age of vidya and animu back.

So I managed to blast myself mostly through intermediate hell in a year by tons of anki and watching drama/listening to podcasts. So I can pretty much read novels with 1-2 lookups a page and can understand a decent chunk of what I here. But my reading speed is still ass, my language knowledge is ass, and my listening comprehension still needs to get a lot better before I can just watch unsubbed stuff with no problem. It's like a weird ass intermediate hell where since I did so much anki the problem is not really vocab so much as just inexperience, which I obviously can't rush. Learning languages is suffering.

CoR→!L-R

>reading speed

This may help, if you aren't already aware of it (there's a scan of it out there)

amazon.com/Rapid-Reading-Japanese-Sokudoku-Nihongo/dp/4789009157

>L-R
Fuck that shit why the fuck would you halve your learning efficiency by reading english half the time when you can already understand Japanese. Sounds like a technique that may have been more effective back before popup dictionaries and such, like a primitive method of reducing paper dictionary lookups.

I'm not really aiming for speed reading, just normal reading speed. I don't think you can really get around it. Like, there's tons of fancy words like 加速器 where I can understand it but I'm not used to it enough to just read through it quickly, I have to think about it for a second and go through the logic of "make faster + tool + context = oh this is probably a particle accelerator"

What's this formation?
IMAKUNI? KOBAYASHI?? RAYMOND???
Such a strange combination!
Who are we?
A supen unit sensation “SUZUKISAN”!

>Fuck that shit why the fuck would you halve your learning efficiency by reading english half the time when you can already understand Japanese.
Read Japanese while listening to Japanese, since you can already read Japanese fine. It will train you to move your eyes faster while also picking up listening recognition. Your reading speed is slow due to reading out the words in your head instead of parsing chunks of text, so by listening to the text while reading it, it will make the mental reading less taxing and thus allow you to focus on moving your eyes faster to keep up.
Like crutches: you already know how to walk but need a bit of support easing the process.
The reading part of L-R doesn't need to be in English if you can already read Japanese. 一石二鳥。

True, although I currently mostly watch dramas with nip subtitles so it's basically what I've been doing. It might be worth trying with audiobooks though so I can up the difficulty but still have audio.

Where do you get your nip subs? I've been using an Asian media torrent site, plus d-addicts forum a couple of times. Any treasure trove I'm missing?

>Any treasure trove I'm missing?
Not that I know of. I haven't watched that much. A bit of anime with kitsunekko though too I guess.

Holy fuck dude I wasn't aware some glorious gentleman made jap subs of Kamen Rider, lol. Thanks.

tae kim is a fucking autistic virgin

What makes you say that?

You'll get there. How long have you been studying?

What does 天地開 mean in this sentence? It's like "Who created heaven and earth"?
ああわかるのかい天地開というんだ

Good.

I care for neither.

If I remember correctly, it's said that it's the biggest jump in difficulty between levels.

Hmm. I've gone from N5 to pretty comfortably N3 (if the sample test I took on the JLPT site is anything to go by) since December, I was wondering if it would be worth trying for N2 by December.

I'm a little uncertain about this one. Especially the words ふごおっ and いかつい

The context is a girl in the first panel is giving an example of her favorite manga. The boy in the second panel overhears the conversation and criticizes her.

>ふごおっ
Is this 効果音? 符合?

>女って本当 いかついよな
Women are harsh? Women have crude taste?

>センスが悪すぎて、そこが一番おもしろいわ
The funniest thing about it is just how bad it is. (Based on a later comment, I think he means the manga is センスが悪い, but he could mean the girl has bad taste in manga)

Pic

Can I get a native to confirm that そうなんだ is そうなのだ and not そうなるのだ? If you can give a very literal translation that would help as well. パンツ屋 keeps trying to tell me it's なる.

I'm not a native and so there's a chance I'm mistaken, but why would そうなのだ make any sense? It's not like she explained why it's called Duralumin and then he's agreeing with her explanation.

He's wondering what it was that happened that she decided to call it that. Google なんでそうなるんだ for instance.

The better question would be why have another なる at the end when you already have なって

If it were なる this would effectively mean "Where and how did this happen, and happen like this?" Maybe that's right, but I'm not sure.

>Why would そうなのだ make any sense?

どこで (copula + and)
なる て-form (meaning verb 1 is the reason for or the cause of verb 2)
そう = like that
なんだ = なのだ explanatory no

Very literal translation "Where and how did (this) become (in order to) be like this?"

Less literal "Where and how did this come about?"

I'm not saying that's right either, I'm waiting for a native to clarify

My bad about verb 1/verb 2, I just meant predicates in general. Here's DoJG's definition

(C) A1 is the reason for or the cause of A2, as in Key Sentence (3), Examples (b), (d), (e) and (g). (This usage of the て form is very common.)

how do you type "we got nuked twice by amerifatsos" in jewpanese?

>If it were なる this would effectively mean "Where and how did this happen, and happen like this?"

The two なる have different subjects. Literally it's like: how did the situation become that the name has become like that?

If you google "どうなってそうなる" you'll see it's not an uncommon phrase.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

"wearu wereru blownderu byry amerifatsaru nuky nuky banzai"

Does anyone have a scan or PDF on the paid nihonshock cheat sheets?

As you read and listen more you start to see in what situations phrases are used rather than translating each word.

そうなんだ meaning そうなのだ is often used in conversation as a comment like そうですね after someone gives an explanation.

t. Alberto Barbosa

t. preto de merda

t. Alberto Barbosa

This is the only one I've got, didn't even know there were more.

t. preto de merda

It was a 2 min search dood

mediafire .com/file/dckt6ix32l93f35/fora.pdf

I think the N2-N3 gap was huge when there were only N1-N4 levels. They made one between N2 and (old) N3, called it N3 and now the (old) N3 is N4, making (old) N4 to be called N5.

Thank you!!

Man, I'm glad I got a phone. Now, instead of just playing games during my 50~ hour long commute, I can do something useful and practice vocab or kanji.

>hour
minutes

>tfw have to drive 3 hours every day
I wish I could do something useful with that time.

You could listen to podcasts

Man, fuck driving. I'm very fine just taking the bus and letting others drive me to places.
I can see why the Japanese like to take trains and subways.

Unfortunately, I can't rely on public transport here.

Best nip podcasts?

kno feelio

Second to safety, omnipresent public transportation is the thing I like the most about Nipland.

代え 変え 換え 替え

換わり 変わり 代わり 替わり

Oooh

>それはスマホで撮影したらしき画像だった。
is らしき just らしい here? Like "Picture looks to be photographed"?

Me too, I have less intrest in weeb stuff now than I once did at 18

僕 スピニング ゲイ です
is this the correct grammar?

I used to watch a bunch of anime when I was 16-18. Then I got over it. I don't have time to watch anime junk today, and no interest, really. I barely rewatch the old ones I watched, but I don't weeb out about them anymore.

Games though, I'm not hardcore weeb like being a Vita owner and buying Underage パンツ Quest XVI or whatever. There are just some VNs I enjoy and that's all.

らしい=らしい

ですよ

How do i get a cutie japanese gf to teach me japanese and where would i find one?

Seems like a lot of effort for some VNs.

俺を殺して

1. Learn Spanish
2. Realize that the spanish "ya" is roughly equivalent to も

source of those little girls?

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=112617

にゃん! にゃん! にゃん!

you spelled けろけろ wrong

These are all pretty similar, I hate さえ because of the two rather distinct meanings.

Or maybe I'm biased because, as mentioned, there is "ya" (in Portuguese, já).

How do you add words to rikaichan?

Fucking monoglots and their "problems". If you're struggling with something as easy as もう, then maybe learning foreign languages isn't for you.

It is not mine tho

"I have just passed JLPT N2 6 months ago. 2 months before that I had taken EJU (another official Japanese Test) and got 150 points, which means I was between N4 and N3 at that time.
Below is how I managed to pass the JLPT test(2 points over pass mark). Note that I was/am living in Tokyo and was taking Japanese classes 15 hours/week. I started learning intensively 3.5 months before the test (1.5 month before that EJU).
1. The first 2 weeks, I spent 2 hours/day learning N2-specific grammars.
2. From the 3rd week, I spent 3 hours in the morning to:
- Read my N2 textbook, do my homeworks, prepare for an upcoming lesson (about 1 hour)
- Practice Kanji, by writing. IMO write them out is by far the best pratice for learning Kanji. I kept going at 10 words/day (words, not characters), with each being writen about 40 times non-consecutively. Looking back, that was crazy! It took me about 1.5 hours every morning.
- I used the remaining time to look back some N4-N5 grammars, as I heard there are very few N3 grammars in N2 test (which turned out to be true, at least in my case), or quiz-and-answer with a friend of mine about vocabulary, Kanji, old and new grammars. Very random but helpful IMHO.
3. Another 3 hours in the afternoon, in my Japanese class.
4. I also started my part-time job in a convenience store from the 4th week, so after class I went to work. 4 hours per day, 4 days per week. On free day (Wed), I often went to the nearby church and took a 1.5-hour-Japanese free lesson there. Those enhanced my listening (and speaking, but it's unrevelant to JLPT) greatly.
5. I used to came back home at 11.00pm, opened my N2 grammar list and quickly went through all 172 patterns in a shortest time possible (10 mins) after that I usually spent 2 hours or so watching anime (Naruto, English subtitles)
6. On the weekend, I had another part-time job in a restaurant, which converts to 8 hours of passive exposure to Japanese every week.

In Japan. But make sure to get a college educated gf; my ex couldn't really explain anything properly.

My smartphone is broken and i'm doing anki from desktop. It's is more useful tbqh cause have addons and shit. But i'm having troubles to add cards since when I was in smartphone i used to copy and paste from the jsho app, switching it with Anki quickly and saving a lot of time. The web version of jsho is a crap we cannot even add cards directly with the whole information we need like in SF.

Anki was the main reason why i switched to a smartphone.

Post your handwriting and rate others

Sorry for sideways

Not bad, but your き and gigantic ゆ in しゅう are killing me.

I like your こ and ふ, though.

i'm sorry :(
my pen is quite thick

also, your english handwriting is better than mine
i rarely take my pen off the page
such is life for chickenscratch

bow wow

I'd kill you if I could, race traitor. How's that?

What is it with Japanese and blood types?

Should I mine every unknown word? How should I schedule them? I've already learnt 31 words on top of Core's 20 today, but I still wanna keep going (with reading and mining).

It's some nonsense equivalent to our horoscopes.

Adorable

Pass as a chink