What place do the ancient Mayans occupy in Guatemala, Belize, Honduras and El Salvador's national consciousness?

What place do the ancient Mayans occupy in Guatemala, Belize, Honduras and El Salvador's national consciousness?

Half of Guatemalan population speaks one of the several Mayan languages. I think they need no wewuz, since they're Mayans, both genetically and linguistically.

They LARP as Mayans and get mad as fuck because México has more Maya land and better Maya sites.

Sorry but no living Mayas here anymore.
Only Nawat-speaking peoples, related to the Nahuatl speakers of Central Mexico.

Also, I want this as a tattoo. Do you like it?

What happened to the Mayas living in El Salvador?
>Only Nawat-speaking peoples, related to the Nahuatl speakers of Central Mexico.
How did they get there?
>Also, I want this as a tattoo. Do you like it?
Yes, it's nice. Why do you want it?

if you don't get it on your face you are a pussy

It is a truly fascinating civilization.
beauty, mystery, the importance of lost things.
These always fascinate me.

Looks cool. I think getting it would be a bit WE WUZ tier though.

dibs on that

Muh heritage tattoos are cringy imo

It's not WE WUZ because I've been bit by an actual jaguar

It's not WE WUZ because the central Americans were LITERALLY fucking mayans. Negroids were never Egyptions. Never.

If it was a conquistador helmet or some other white worshipping bullshit you wouldn't be saying shit

I still would

Nope, it would be cringy still. has it right. Heritage tattoos in general are fucking stupid.

>Also, I want this as a tattoo. Do you like it?
t. mara salvatrucha

Only the western part of our country was occupied by the Mayans, you can find Mayan ruins all over the place.

I'd get that, look badass.

> i was bitten by a semi domesticated wild cat kitten in some shit tier zoo or nature reservoir
lol ok paco

Here is a better map

So how does El Salvador relate to the pre-Columbian Era?

Both are bad desu. Because your culture is a mix of the two, you are neither

They mostly got genocide'd by the spaniards, and the last ones of their kind were murdered by Salvadoran dictator Maximiliano Hernandez Martinez (he was responsible for the death of 25,000 indigenous people from the western part of the country)

Yeah but mayan people today live in shanty houses and are unable to read or hold abstract thought, what good does going MUH ANCESTORS do to them? they are clearly not like their ancestors at all.

Why did he attack indigenous people, specifically?

No, you subhuman
A grown jaguar neglected by his narco owner
I (PROFEPA) confiscated it

Our culture is pretty much influenced 100% by Spain. We got cucked hard. Still we like to dress like Native Americans from time to time (mainly during our independence month, in September to be specific), and also we have some dishes that were created by Native Americans, too. There is some Native American lore that is very popular too like "el cipitio" (pic related)

He was a racist/Hitler and Mussolini fanboy (he literally celebrated their birthdays at a national level on the streets). So his government really loved to mistreat Native Americans, they got pissed off an reveled against him, and well, that did not end up very well for them.

He was a mestizo funnily enough.

Storytime?

>He was a racist/Hitler and Mussolini fanboy (he literally celebrated their birthdays at a national level on the streets)
Kek, pls tell me there are pictures of these celebrations.

>study for vet
>get a shit paying gov job as federal inspector
>mostly go for illegal lumbering and constructions in the forests
>every now and then someone makes a denounce about greenhouses and exotic pets
>it's always parrots
>go check if they have a permit
>they never do
>confiscate stuff
Now about the jaguar
>somebody makes a denounce about a jaguar
>federal police wants the guy because he's a narco
>we get Kevlar vests and a bunch of police armed to guard us
>nothing happens
>we find the jaguar
>malnourished
>living in a tiny concrete room
>guy doesn't have permits
>he shreds my boot while we're getting him in a kennel
>fucker has a strong mandible
>get a sprained ankle and bleed a little
>get him to a center for conservation and investigation
>that's where my job ends

Now give me yous

aztecs

A couple of blocks away from me there is a tiger living in the garden of a really big house, literally in the Roma neighbourhood in Mexico City.

Is that possible or is it illegal?

>white worshipping
What the fuck is wrong with you? Quit speaking spanish then and get everyone in your country to stop being christians you fucking cuck

No, Maya, of course they have Aztec stuff, but they also have Olmec, Zoptepec, Maya and other Mesoamerican cultures settlements and what not.

am a mopan Mayan does that triggerer you??

Why would it?

You can own literally any animal as long as you have a permit, it's very hard to get one from animals in the NOM-59 and tigers aren't in it, only Mexican animals
But they're in the CITES and Mexico signed it
So as long as they buy it legally in any other country, they can have it
You could make a denounce, if he has papers he'll lose an afternoon at worst
If he doesn't it's a fine around the 100k

What do you think of the Mayas outside Belize? Have you ever visited Maya sites in Mexico? What do you think of other indigenous peoples and what do you think of Mestizos?

That's pretty cool

IDK about your country, but I'd advise against buying exotic animals, even if done legally
You likely lack the knowledge and installations for their appropriate care
That's the reason they don't hand out permits, those are supposed to be only for conservation purposes, but when they're given for pets it's because it's a grown animal that can't be reintroduced to the wilderness

The closest I ever came to a big cat was a cougar I shot on my uncles ranch t.bh I'd never actually own one

kys

>tfw no big comfy ranch in western USA

>Let it eat and destroy millions in livestock

No you kill yourself. The bastards are making a comeback here. The government doesn't like reporting it though because they don't want farmers going out and shooting them