I think italian food is overrated. I don't really see the apeal of it. All it is, is some pasta, some rotting meat...

I think italian food is overrated. I don't really see the apeal of it. All it is, is some pasta, some rotting meat, some tomato sauce, and some rubbery cheese melted over it. Most of the time it's either disgusting or really boring.

All the good italians came to USA that's why american italian food is the best.

It has little variety and their fish and seafood game is pretty meh. It just became popular due their huge diaspora and how cheap it is

It's more like the lack of any decent alternative.
Kys amerifat

I'm sorry that you have been exposed merely to pizza and pasta by proxy of American culture, but don't make such retarded posts

This

Shut your virgin mouth
Spanish food>>>>>>overrated wog garbage

>some rotting meat
Fuck off vegan scum.

I have gone to Italy multiple times and to good restaurants. There are some really nice dishes but they are not mindblowing and there is less variety than in places like France or Spain.
It is just my opinion. It is just not my thing. Italian pastries and coffe are neat though

I find that hard to believe, pretty much all Italian immigrants came from southern Italy. At most we got half of Italy's food.

What do you think the odds are that a Spaniard's only experience with Italian food is through American culture?

Amerindian pussy belongs to Big Italian Cock

spbp

How many different regions have you been to? Because I seriously find it hard to believe that our traditional cuisines could be said to lack variety of all things, considering the differences in territory and culture that exist within Italy

The fuck are you saying, our cusine is almost the same, they even eat lentejas too after new year.

They are not the same. Anyone that has been to both places know this. You just eat tendies and pizzas everywhere it

I have been to Italy too, yet that doesn't validate my point.

Rome, all of Tuscany,Sicily and Milan. Sicily had the best food in my opinion but Tuscany had the best meat.

And having been to those 4 regions that have completely different culinary traditions and that use completely different ingredients, how can you claim that there is little variety? Or did you just order the same stuff you can find anywhere like pasta?

I know it's the Argentine Italo hater, but he has a point.

Your post is just retarded. They are nothing alike. Specially all the food from the Atlantic region. How are they alike? The only thing in common are some spoon dishes like lentils or callos/tripas,some basic meat dishes and embutidos/antipasto.

If you take away the Atlantic region then it becomes almost the same, wich is what I said.

It's my favorite cuisine, the recipes are also mostly easy to make but require good quality shit

They are different but everything is pretty similar. The "shock" is not as big as when you eat in the south or the north of France.

Italian food is one of the things I like the most about the country, and you can't really say you've tried it unless you've been to Italy or unless you happen to have really good and traditional restaurants (which I think is rare).

Pasta sure, but even when it comes to that there's a billion dishes you can't find abroad (in restaurants and stuff), I can think of pasta with ricotta, tomato and basil, or with pesto and stracciatella, or with salvia (not sure about the name), or with cima di rapa (again not sure about the name, I mean that orecchiette dish). There's a lot of cold cuts that are not known abroad, a lot of cheeses/latticini, burrata, burrata affumicata, stracciatella, scamorza, and more known ones like Parmesan, pecorino and mozzarella. Those are the ones I know.
I've been mostly to two regions and both have their unique/specialty dishes like panzerotti, orecchiette, parmigiana (Puglia) and piadine, erbazzone, pasta all'uovo (Emilia Romagna).

What do Italians think of my perception?

t. Spaniard on holidays

>pizzoccheri are similar to ribollita which is similar to carbonara which is similar to arancini
Sure thing m8

>l-look guise this pasta is shaped like a wheel and this pasta is shaped like a snail shell

>our cuisine is so diverse!

imbécil

>amerindian mongrel is unable to read
Pretty unsurprising

>If you take away the Atlantic region then it becomes almost the same
How? Even mediterranean cuisine here is totally different to theirs. Let alone regions like La Mancha or Extremadura

Amerindian food>>> your countrylet's "food"

As far as I know Extremadura has some genuine cheeses and wines and La Mancha is a whole lotta garlic. Excelent food nonetheless

Extremadura has a very unique cuisine and La Mancha's cuisine is mostly based on hunting pieces,a lot of garlic and vegetables. They look nothing like Italian cuisine. I don't really know where did you get that Italian cuisine is similar to Spanish one. We are closer to France in that regard

Increíble como en un hilo que intenta arderle el culo a Italia vamos dos españoles y nos ponemos a discutir entre nosotros, jamás cambiaremos gegegegege.

ebin b8 m8

yeah ikr? Romanian food is better

you're right

los italianos saben que su comida es una mierda, pero eso no dan mucha pelea, son una raza de fracasados.

Don't worry, if it was an OP about Spanish food it would be us Italians starting the off topic discussion about our food. Too bad Spain lacks dedicated fanboys like the amerindio here

>If you don't agree with me you are trolling

Check'em.

Sometimes I think that most people who go to Italia on holiday aren't trying autentic Italian food.

Most people fall into the tourist traps and ends up eating meme food such as Pizza with french fries on top or those stupid icecream desserts that looks like a pasta dish. After eating that people go home and say ''wew, Italian food isn't as good as people say''

I had better pizza in France than I had in Venice. Also you hear more english in there than italian.
Avoid tourist traps.

Maybe it is just a matter of tastes you know. Italian food has been hyped a lot and it is pretty international. Even the people that go for business or to specific restaurants might feel dissapointed after having very high expectations.

pizza is Greek
pasta is Greek

its really good 2bh
t. food pro

t. Ragnar Ravioloni

>I had better pizza in France than I had in Venice
That's really not surprising, Veneto is the last place in Italy where I'd order pizza

What would be the first?

The local turtà, though it wouldn't be Neapolitan pizza

T. Ciro the butthurt Pulcinella

t. Mohammed the assravaged pizzaiolo of Mestre

Excelent post

t. Pablo "schizzinoso" Patelli

I see the thread
sadness
seize my heart.

Italians are so dumb they put french fries on their pizza. Cucked by the french

Don't worry. I still love you.

Just ordered this 'za. Thoughts?