Do Anglos feel stupid that they're unable or lack a motivation to learn second language...

Do Anglos feel stupid that they're unable or lack a motivation to learn second language, while everybody here does know it? Or are they too stupid to realize it

Theres no need
The world is our bitch

we have forced English onto everyone else

Don't kick us while we're down. Inb4 >America >Anglo

Fuck off spic shit. You niggers couldn't even handle English without butchering it.
What a fucking sad joke you and your nation are.

wtf, I love Australia now

>t. Chinese Colony

Unironically end your life, please.

The vast majority of bilingual people speak their native language and English. So do we

Why? English is the only language you'll ever need to know lol

for me, it's a matter of no time
i want to learn brazilian portuguese, but i'm too busy working, studying, and shitposting

Do less shitposting?
Or slowly start shitposting on Portuguese sites? That's what I'm trying to do with getting my Spanish to fluent levels but hispachan won't let me post from a Pakistani IP for some reason.

>hispachan
that's a thing? lmao

They don't need it just like most people don't *really* need English.

You seem very insecure

I realize that other people know multiple languages. I just lack the motivation to do it. I have no want or need to do so. Plus, what said.

わたしは げんき です。ありがとう

baka

Not even in /g? Zeta is really a puto.

Also, worst place possible to learn spanish.

>not learning formal languages instead

もっと勉強したほうがいいんだ

普通系と警護まぜるなデブヤンキー

敬語w*

There's no point unless you're working in another country or you're just really interested in that country. Most of us aren't so we'd never use a second language

Nah, just tried :( I guess I'll go back to that Mexican telenovela and Spanish Soap Opera I was watching ;_;

Most of the fat cunts on this website have no ambition to ever travel outside their home

It's a cultural laziness. Even in school we don't start learning language seriously until high school, and then it's treated more as a hobby/elective than something you must do.

Had the thought of learning German the other day. How long does it take to learn the basics?

silly anglos your girl wanted a french kiss she said the language of love is all we need to know

depends on how much you work at it.

/thread

quebec and mexico against the world like 1800 baby

A few hundred hours at worst. It's not very hard because many words are similar to English (IMO).

coliss tabernak le baguette hon hon hon

Why would I learn a second language when I already speak the only one that matters?

>most people don't *really* need English

This desu, Anglos are delusional when they imagine that they we "need" to know English anyhow. Lots of people here are monolingual and do just fine (despite the fact they all learned English at school: they forgot it because it is useless).

>implying

I feel like a lazy nigger because my dad speaks fluent english, italian, French and a bit of Spanish but i only speak English. He married a wasp so he never spoke italian to me as a kid reeeeeeeeeee

>writes "ma future copine"
>says "mon portefeuille"

What did leaf mean by this?

Italian and french are pretty easy, so you can still use him as a reference if you decide to learn.

I would only learn my wife's language if I learned any, and that's only because she would be a qt Asian grill. I don't feel stupid for being lazy. Everyone wants to learn English.

Looking for a maman de sucre.

they're lovely
have you tried in nido?

Hmm it worked. I guess I'll try that place out for a bit and see what's up with Chileans.

why is は "wa" and not "ha"? i just learnt hiragana like 2 days ago and it was supposed to be "ha", but i see it second time as "wa"

>implying all anglophones don't / aren't able to learn a second language
>implying non-anglos speak english to a sufficient proficiency to warrant the claim that they "know" english

Lad... I speak several languages and the jap posters who post in "english" on this thread dont necessarily know more than several words and broken expressions

When you assume something incorrectly it really illustrates your ignorance

>they all learned English at school: they forgot it because it is useless

putain de cretin t'es vraiment bete si tu crois que l'anglais est inutile aujourd'hui. C'est la langue du monde quoi

a bit but i'm learning Portuguese now so

L'anglais est inutile pour tous les gens qui ne font pas de commerce international ou de recherche scientifique, et qui ne voyagent pas en territoire anglo-américain. Soit presque tout le monde.

>C'est la langue du monde
Les nombreux touristes chinois qui viennent en France ne parlent pas un mot d'anglais. On leur parle en mandarin.

>On leur parle en mandarin.

hahahahahahaha attends t'es serieux? Personne parle le chinoise en France mec. vous parlez à peine anglais en tout cas

>L'anglais est inutile pour tous les gens qui ne font pas de commerce international ou de recherche scientifique, et qui ne voyagent pas en territoire anglo-américain

Dommage pour eux, ils ont besoin d'ecouter des doublages de merde chaque fois qu'ils ont envie de regarder un truc etrangere - c'est a dire la plupart des emissions / filmes en France!

On embauche des Chinois qui leur parlent en chinois.

Et il n'y a que les snobs qui n'aiment pas les films doublés. Ça fait l'affaire dans 99 % des cas.

I speak English and French

は is ha, wa is わ. It's just that you use は or わ depending of what are you talking about. Or something like that iirc

>On embauche des Chinois qui leur parlent en chinois.

Je le savais ! Vous ne pouvez pas parler le chinoise

>Et il n'y a que les snobs qui n'aiment pas les films doublés

Alors je suis un snob parce que je n'aime pas regarder les filmes americaines en francais quand je suis en France? La plupart des cinémas n'ont pas l'option de voir les filmes en version originale. C'est pour ca que les francais sont monolingue... meme aux etats unis on a des filmes etrangeres en version originale. La doublage est strictement pour les gens paresseux

Le doublage est un art. Je préfère Eddie Murphy en français...

I'm too busy doing other things to do it.

If I was one of those losers who play video games I would but I am busy working on my career, travelling and life experiences.

You have to learn English to get by in the modern world. Once you've learned English, there isn't really a need to learn any additional languages. That's why nobody learns a third language here in Norway, despite having classes for at least five years in school.

>qui ne voyagent pas en territoire anglo-américain
Kek. Anywhere in the world, English is the lingua franca.

>I am busy working on my career, travelling and life experiences.

You are only limiting yourself if you travel as a monolingual English speaker. Learn a new language lad - it is rewarding

chinese, japanese, russian and spanish are sometimes worth learning, since many native speakers of those languages don't even know english really well. but yeah, in "modern" world english is rather good enough

Japanese? are you kidding me. Completely useless language unless if you are a turboweab fedora manga man

You forgot French and Arabic - two languages that are incredibly useful to learn if you want to travel around the world

Japanese has way more speakers than French. And I would never want to travel to any of the shitholes where people speak Arabic.

How do you guys type asian letters? Or you all just copy and paste from the translator

WERD UP ANGLO BRODER

oh yeah, arabic.
not so sure with french
and japanese is worth learning if u plan travel to japan, i mentioned it because it has unique culture and is turistically attractive, and not many japs know english good

It's weird but weaboos put me off learning Japanese.

Like if I spoke japanese I would almost want to keep it a secret.

I'm ashamed but I'm trying to learn as best I can. Sadly the resources are pretty limited for that language I want to learn.

80% of mankind does not speak English.

>Japanese has way more speakers than French

>Japanese has way more speakers than French

Wrong.

Japanese has 130 million speakers and the japanese population is in steady decline while
French has 220 million speakers and is rapidly increasing, particularly in west / central Africa

>And I would never want to travel to any of the shitholes where people speak Arabic.

Speak for yourself but bear in mind you are only limiting your options. Lebanon and Tunisia are far from being examples of "shitholes"

French is useful and is still widely used even in countries that speak Arabic (morocco, maghreb, syria) as a prestige language. It is also a literary and poetic language - a language of culture

I would feel the same way. I almost tried to start learning the language but the three alphabets really turned me off desu. I dont like anime or manga either so thats probably the main draw for most people here

French has like 100 million, at most. And Japanese has more than 120 million.

French has way more L2 speakers than Japanese, educate yourself guy. Most countries that are relevent in africa have french speakers and it is the second language of choice in many anglo countries after arguably Spanish.

Japanese is a meme language

French is huge in Africa, that easily doubles the number you claimed.

Why would I want to visit a bunch of literally who countries over Japan? Not to mention the entertainment industry
Typing in romaji or directly typing them in with a Japanese keyboard and pressing space for the kanji. I don't know how the chink language works but you can google it

>French has 220 million speakers and is rapidly increasing, particularly in west / central Africa
This is bullshit. Even in the heartland of the former French colonial Africa, people are starting to learn English in favor of French. English is even starting to replace French as an official language in some former French colonies.
And all the countries in the Maghreb (and this includes Morocco, kek) have already abolished French as an official language. You'd be better off with English. And particularly in Morocco, you'd even be better off speaking Spanish than French.

>Why would you go anywhere besides glorious nippon-ji?

Cant wait until you actually travel there and realise its an absolute shithole. I spend my spare time watching YouTube videos of weeabos who break down in japan on their vblog channels. Its absolutely hillarious. The actual country is not some anime, boy, its a country that lacks individuality and is led by slavish group thinking collectivism. It has no soul.

Please stop spewing bullshit and talking out of your ass. While is is true that north africans / maghrébins learn English they actually learn French as their second and primary language of instruction (before learning English!). Most educated people in north west africa speak French, some even as a first language. And your claim that sub saharan africans are switching to english from French is absolutely untrue - many cities and countries like Abidjan, ivory coast, congo, senegal etc speak French as a first language!

That is mostly bullshit.

Sound change.

>tfw anglo but I speak 6 languages.

Yeah OP is obviously projecting here.

Toute à fait - le norvégien est fou à lier ou mongolo quand même. Le francais est une langue mondiale quoi SURTOUT en afrique

racist…

I'm not a normie who's eager to talk to strangers if that's what you're referring to
>The actual country is not some anime
Do you honestly think that "anime = japan irl" is a very common mentality?

How is my disdain and dislike of your country in any way related to race? Jesus christ I didnt imagine that even Japan confounds identity politics - what is wrong with you lad?

>Do you honestly think that "anime = japan irl" is a very common mentality?

Absolutely x 10. Do you actually think that foreigners go to Japan to work 90 hours a week like a slave for lower pay? No. They go there to experience the culture - and outside of samurai, ukio-e, videogames and traditional theatre it consists of anime and manga!

Il ne connaît pas la réalité du terrain, c'est simplement du "wishful thinking".

>parler anglais avec un passant au Maroc ou en Côte d'Ivoire
Bon courage à lui !

I agree that nipland isn't all sunshine and roses but I wasn't planning on living there so I don't understand your point

why do americans hate japan…?

>Toute à fait - le norvégien est fou à lier ou mongolo quand même. Le francais est une langue mondiale quoi SURTOUT en afrique

Ig bigripr itşä wen du säjjd mes du taler suðeuropi glam. Tala Germanskt mǫl, denn nįeger.

>confusing disdain with hatred

I don't hate Japan ! If you are asking me why I dislike your country it's mainly because your country produces conformists who are unable to express themselves. Do you not have a saying that translates to "the nail that sticks out is hammered down"? I have no problem with Japanese people but I take issue with your work mentality which is assbackwards and your position on women which is incredibly regressive. We colonized you after nuking you but evidently we mistakenly passed along all of the negative traits of capitalism without passing on the positive traits of individuality. I really want to see Japan succeed but I cant help but feel it is an incredibly bleak and depressing nation to live or work in.

And that eighty percent contributes nothing to the betterment of man. >not many japs know english good
>not many Japs know English well (or not many Japs know good English)
Pro tip: "Good" and "well" are not always interchangeable.

>90 hours a week

wwwwwwwwwwww

i go on threads like these to laugh at frogs and polacks

>what is the francophone world
>implying knowledge of decent English is widespread in Russia, Asia, Middle-East

The saying I was searching for is apparently "出る釘は打たれる" but I do not speak Japanese. Hopefully this clarifies why some Americans view your country in a negative light. Your mentality is so different than the western mentality that it isnt easy for us to relate to your collectivist ideology - in our countries individuality is something that is cherished and even celebrated. I am but one American and can only speak for myself. Many Americans love Japan and read and watch a fuckton of manga!

>And that eighty percent contributes nothing to the betterment of man

Not true. Good artisans in France, Japan, Italy... often speak zero English. A lot of top level politicians, and even some billionaire businessmen, only speak their mother tongue. Good writers, important thinkers do master their language but can ignore English. Etc.

desu I feel the same about American work practices and hate how much your shit companies are ruining the labour market in Canada. Honestly just look at any Canadian company that gets bought out by Americans and there's like a 5 year trend where everything just goes to shit. BioWare, Tim Hortons, everything Americans touch turns to shit.

Oh yeah, entirely in agreement. You can argue that our hands off unregulated economic model has lead to our technological innovation, though. Obviously the fact that americans are not provided federally mandated vacations is just futher example as to how backwards corporate law is in America. Work life balance is basically nonexistant since our average salaried worker will only get about 1.5 weeks vacation per year with no paternal leave / pto / sickdays. Atleast it isnt Japan though since it could always be worse kek

>and your position on women which is incredibly regressive
Feminism is a meme, the west could use less gynocentrism

Do you speak any other language besides English?

IM SORRY MAMAA I NEVER MEANT TO HURT UUUU

So, Spanish and English then?

>want to learn japanese
>brain already crammed with 3 languages

KEK

There are many native indigenous languages in USA user. You must be the same retard from earlier who got btfo with his false claims about the # of japanese L1 speakers