works like a charm

Because too maby plebeians here?

been marathoning this all week
just watched episode 4 and he is literally the ideal pope

Episode 9 made me cry 2bh.

Just you wait

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yFMDVH4lqSU

IM KINO AND I KNOW IT

Kino show for sure. But the ending is so fucling dissapointing So what, once he gets over his parents abandoning him, he shows his face and is basically a pape that focus on love ? WTF ? Okay he acts like a spoiled brat, with noble and holy intentions, that is slowly growing up as time flows and experience grows, but that's it ?

No, he wanted to say something that would make his parents care. When he sees them go away he has a heart atrackbecause he's heartbroken.

No

Was voeilo high test?

>finally..after all these years, I have become, the wee baby po-po

Dropped that shit right there.

That's literally the poibt. Voiello or somebody tells him that his parents were hippies so it's natural that they don't want to contact him, now that he is literally the personification of what they were rebelling against.
So he goes soft in Venice, sees/imagines seeing his parents and his heart gives up.
Tbc in season 2.

he lost his high test card the moment he fell for sister mary

He was man of many diverse pleasures and my husbando

The bee should have JUST hair, to really make the pun work.

Is the alcoholic priest also a child abuser or something?

inb4 Maradona is still on drugs

Sister mary was /fit/ from all that b-ball

It's never stated directly

Literally watch the show and listen to the dialog it was revealed that he too was abused as a child which was one of the reasons he was sent to investigate the case

I think there's visual implication that he has the urges but would never act on them.

>I think there's visual implication that he has the urges but would never act on them.

There's no such implication at all. If you're talking about the toys in his room it was literally a red herring to throw you off and reveal his true vice which was drinking.

i think he's talking about the scene where he goes into the liquor store and the tennis boy tells him he's the only one he wants. They show a moment of hesitation in the father. He was abused, but abused children also tend to become abusers. Probably hinting at that.

He definitely wasnt

I'm pretty sure that kid is of age now, but he was abused while underaged. He hesitates because he's a homosexual but won't act on the urges of homosexuality, not pedophilia

>They show a moment of hesitation in the father.

>homosexual priest gets flustered at being flirted with by a kid of legal age
>he's a child abuser

Fucking mongs on this board.

This and the confrontation with the pedo bishop in front of the pope.
Also it's kinda great because it made me emphatize with a pedophile bishop.

Pleb question: Was I supposed to watch the scenes in Italian with subtitles? I watched them without and basically understood nothing, but I assumed that's how they were supposed to be watched.

Why is every second character inexplicably homosexual?

>implying there's a difference between pedophilia and homosexuality

both are degenerate traits and need to be punished.

Yes, there was important dialogue in them

Nope, there's a lot of great dialog in Italian. Also lots of jokes.

There is a lot of detail in them pertaining to the plot, so yes, I'd say you were supposed to (I did).

Well shit. That's what I get for being a dirty pirate.

Originally I was a bit perturbed by this. But I think it's most likely pretty accurate. If anyone's willing to give up their normal life, it's one with the strongest convictions. Homosexuals giving up that life to devote themselves to God instead and following the doctrine just makes sense to me

Subcene
Opensubtitles
There's really no excuse user

Easy mistake friend. There are online subs but yeah, I can see why you'd make the mistake of thinking it was intentionally without hardcoded subs.

>This and the confrontation with the pedo bishop in front of the pope.
>Also it's kinda great because it made me emphatize with a pedophile bishop.

Could someone really be this fucking retarded?

They've proven they are, yes.

>They think the pope would send them if they were a pedophile

I assumed since there weren't subs that it was like those scenes in Italy in The Godfather films.

>marathining all week
>just watched episode 4

Part of me wonders if you guys are only saying this because its not available in Hamburger land yet.
I better not be getting hyped for nothing you fuckers.

Here's an idea, watch the show and see for yourself.

It's legitimately fantastic. Easily the best new show of 2016. Don't go in expecting Game of Thrones/House of Cards in the Vatican like the HBO trailers are selling though. It's not that.

You can watch it illegaly.
Or wait till 01/15

Is there any other show that's like Young Pope though? It kinda reminded me of Carnivale mashed up with Hannibal with the action removed almost completely and stretched to make for a meditative experience.

I'm expecting a slow burning intriguing drama like The Americans.

I'd rather wait. If its really good then I'd rather give em' the ratings.

Hannibal, especially season 3, is the closest equivalent I can think of yeah. I haven't seen Carnivale, is it good? Of course, the thing The Young Pope is closest to is the director's other work, which is all movies.

Carnivale s1 is kino, s2 is a mixed bag with absolutely shit finale.
Also Clancy Brown is amazing as always.

Well an user that likes The Young Pope must have good taste, so I'll give it a shot :)

>absolutely no reaction to his 'brother' being killed by a narco

What did the show mean by this?

>children unironically use the word kino to describe a series
and this is how you know to skip it

Yeah, 'cause it's totally not like the creator/director of the series isn't a well-renowned kinographer -- oh...

But many enter the Church at a young age, where their sexuality would be yet uncertain even to them. Are you saying homosexuals have a higher likelihood of staying with the Church into adulthood?
>it's one with the strongest convictions
How does being a homosexual pertain to religious conviction?

Friendly reminder that Voiello did NOTHING wrong

That's the most hilarious thing. He literally never did a single thing wrong.

Cheap "homage" to Italian films like La Notte and 8 1/2. It adds literally nothing in its own right that previous greats haven't done better.

Which character did you most enjoy hearing "holy father" from?

pic related for me

>implying
He let he go and wither away in Africa. The coward couldn't act on the only real impulse in his life. That why he could care for that disabled retard, because expressing love and compassion to a housebound inbecile is easy, but love of a palpable nature is not. He's a goddamn failure even to his religion.

She was literally /ourgirl/

it's a slow experience. don't expect the plot to have a clear direction. the cinematography is gorgeous.

>with noble and holy intentions
No, he had purely selfish ones. He wanted to make the church obscure and unknowable like all love is to him "as an orphan", be a father in the only way he knows how. He was literally just a kid starved for attention

Such a minx. Really enjoyed the variety different accents throughout the show.

he supported napoli

>Which character did you most enjoy hearing "holy father" from?
So incredibly specific yet 100% correct

pls

season 2 should be her as a lady pope

This show has one of the better openings

She did look pretty chuffed to sit in that chair

This, which was a great revelation. It made him human. Initially it seemed like he had some master plan, but he was fundamentally uncertain and flawed. His emotions and motivations are incredibly human, which makes specific actions later on all the more powerful

Because Christianity is gay

In hindsight I feel like it should have been really obvious, they kept the charade up really well

I though it was terrible. I wanted to punch Jude Law in the face each time he winked at the camera. The smug half-smile as he walks off afterwards was enough to make me cringe in my seat. The meteor following him is supposed to signify his divine but destructive influence wherever he goes, but in the end we learn he's just another puppet after all.