Why did Bruno and The Dictator get so much hate, while Borat was such a hit?

Why did Bruno and The Dictator get so much hate, while Borat was such a hit?

YouTube's Adam from YMS gave Bruno a 10/10

People thought it was offensive to gays, Borat in actuality is a hidden masterpiece

Borat showed how racist Americans are. Critics love that shit.

I never saw Bruno but I thought the Dictator was bretty gud

Because Borat was a lot better.

Borat had a naivety which put the joke on society. The other two were maliciously offensive. Also, Borat came first.

because a movie like that only works once. Also, borat was so "shocking" and funny because America was still in a hyper sensitive paranoid that every foreigner was a terrorist mode after 9/11. once in a lifetime type movie

>Borat in actuality is a hidden masterpiece
Do you mean Bruno?

Because Borat had more genuine reactions and such. Bruno was more staged with people being either in on it or suspecting stuff and the shock factor is lessened if youve seen Borat first as its more of the same.

The Dictator is entirely different than the other two as its just a regular movie, also the only scene that is particularly funny is the helicopter scene

Bruno would have been better if it poked fun of the fashion industry like the beginning of the movie. Instead it switches to homophobes and just isn't as funny.

Borat is more clever and genuine, not to mention it came first so it was more original too

Borat is a lovable simpleton whereas Bruno is just a cunt. The Dictator is not the same kind of movie.

Also Borat was a lot of people's introduction to Cohen's sense of humor and Bruno was nearly a carbon copy.

That helicopter scene justifies the entire budget.

I think Bruno is almost as funny as Borat. Bruno is probably even more effective at getting regular people to reveal how horrible/good they are.

He is mentally ill fuck that like to rape male dogs. He, yourflicks and Cuckmann are the worst.

Borat was more fresh to the American audience, but people laughed at it for the wrong reasons (HURR FOREIGNERS ARE SO DUM), they didn't realize it was making fun of America.

So to appeal to that dumbed down audience, Bruno was just gay jokes, Dictator was just terrorist jokes, and Grimsby was just gross-out.

tv show Bruno >>>>>>>> movie Bruno

imagine if borat came out today
I think every SJW in the world would die of shock

>straight, white, Jewish Westerner
>Borat exposes our ignorance and prejudices, especially the barely-hidden ones like antisemitism
>Bruno: fags are wacky!
>The Dictator: Arabs are terrorists!