Why is it so hard to make a series about zombies that's actually good? Is it impossible...

Why is it so hard to make a series about zombies that's actually good? Is it impossible? Do zombies only work well in movie format? It's just so disappointing how shit most zombies tv shows are.

The producers would only let you have 1 episode, then kick you off and hire their own shitty writers and directors to cut cost.

Having good writers and directors is expensive because they know they are good and will keep demanding more pay.

Because after a month or so any threat posed by zombies that can't move faster than shuffle should be minimal.

Z Nation?

In the movie you'll see people trying to survive an unknown enemy, in series you'll watch those people get used to them and try to survive the new world.

because making a bajillion seasons of just killing zombies is gonna get boring

28 Days Later is good
The intro to 28 Weeks Later is good
Some part of Snyder's Dawn of the Dead is good
The first season of Walking Dead is good
Zombieland is pretty good

The rest isn't
WWZ the book isn't actually just for cucks even though it is pretty reddit. It does have good parts

this is what happened with the walking dead

>Having good writers and directors is expensive because they know they are good and will keep demanding more pay.
WRONG

Producers don't give a shit about critical "goodness" except for when they're trying to do a feather in their cap move

9/10 of time it how good something is judged by how many people pay to see it

Hence why fucking Lindelof still has a job

The intro to 28 Days Later is only good too, the rest falls to shit, terrible cinematography and music, hate Boyle's "style" but the beginning is great.

Because everybody believes they're being clever for making it about the human condition with the zombies only as backdrop while in actuality the whole concept of using catastrophes that way has been done to death and is stale as fuck.

Let's be honest with ourselves and just admit classical Romero zombies are just inherently boring. They're merely a catalyst for the breakdpwn of society and how the media explores it.

Because if the walking dead or any zombie show was realistic it would either be like Shaun of the dead, or everyone would die or become zombified after 1 episode.

>terrible music

Return of the Living Dead is the only true zombkino

Anything from a zombie's POV?

Also I Am A Hero is great, it's a manga but plays the insanity in an apocalypse part well.

iZombie
And Warm Bodies

>good zombie movies
>no mention of Fido
Fucking plebs

Because the concept of zombies is fucking retarded.

>infected are zombies
worst kino meme

They could have a setting similarly to FTWD but actually go through every single moment that happens after the outbreak. And show different groups of characters every episode. They could get through 6 seasons while only covering maybe 2 weeks of the intial outbreak. Afterwards, I guess, it would be mostly about surviving and human conflict so that wouldn't be that interesting.

Slow moving ones can make for some suspense especially in densely-populated areas.

But what about Train to Busan? I felt like watching a world war z asian version

>And show different groups of characters every episode

I like this idea a lot. I think one of the biggest problems I have with zombies series always ends up being the characters themselves. Series have a habit of not killing off people fast enough and you start to fucking get tired of everyone in the group and their bullshit. But then again I guess it would hard to keep getting new actors. Maybe they could do it like an anthology instead where each new season is a new cast.

Or this.
I think the writers of TWD realized that they can't keep the group that strong any longer and that's why they killed both Abraham and Glenn and took away Daryl.

Why did the Korean grandma open the door to the carriage filled with zombies?

Just started watching this. It's like Walking Dead but without all the bullshit

It's a shame nobody watches it, presumably because it's low budget, but it's low budget done right.

I actually liked the WWZ book. The movie was dogshit though, I don't know what they were thinking.

uh I gave it a shot when it first started and it's shit by its own merit

low budget doesn't justify those cringy characters

Why would anyone take their chances on the ground?

I'd be underground chilling, inb4 zombies would dig down to get you, their teeth aint getting through 10 inch steel

Or just find a building with two floors and use a sledge hammer to destroy stairs
Ez
Zombies can't climb