What the actual FUCK?

What the actual FUCK?

>design Death Star with secret flaw
>said flaw is nearly impossible to exploit and it only done because the rebels happen to have a Jedi in an X-Wing during the battle.

I hated this fucking movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f_d-9xHZoGo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The flaw was that the reactor core will cause a chain reaction and everything blows up if its hit.
He probably removed, or went around safegaurds to prevent this in the design.

The straightn exhaust port is probably a common thing, and no one gave that a second though.

Maybe he intended for someone to infiltrate it, and place simple explosives near the core, and blow it up that way.

it has to be subtle enough to go undetected by the empire.

i thought the first hour and half sucked dick but the last half hour was really good.

I dont know why but it really rustles me that now the Death Star's weakness was planned all along and not a simple oversight by the Empire who had let their victories and power go to their head and thus their hubris being their undoing.

do you honestly think disney with their hubris and oversight would even think of such a great idea?
genius is pure and endless pain.

This.

The Rebels got the plans and had to FIND a flaw. Now we know that they were looking for a built in flaw. Not the same.

It was so nice originally. Arrogant empire thinking nothing could destroy the station vs. Luke space Jesus and the force.

Now it's intentional design flaw.

well I mean, that is kind of what happened. They didn't think being such a fucking asshole to their own people would eventually lead to some one with a lot of responsibility sabotaging something of great importance (though it is stupid how passive a sabotage it was)

The weakness though is virtually impossible to exploit. It took a miracle shot influenced by space magic to actually take advantage of it.

It was Tarkin's hubris that would have led to him not dispatching more fighters to take out the attacking Rebels in the Battle of Yavin.

But now it's established Tarkin and Vader knew exactly what the rebels were doing, so when the officer comes to Tarkin and says there is a danger, Tarkin should've known to taken him seriously isntead of "nah, we got them this time"

It was nice except for everyone criticizing the flaw for how dumb it was. So they tried to explain it, and got shat on for that too. Really it was a no-win, but at least we got some cool space battles out of it.

>i thought the first hour and half sucked dick but the last 5 minutes was really good. ftfy

>The weakness though is virtually impossible to exploit.

Then why would Galen even put it in? Why didn't he just kill himself to slow/halt production of the Death Star.

All they know is that the Death Star plans got leaked.

They don't know Galen installed a flaw.

>said flaw is nearly impossible to exploit and it only done because the rebels happen to have a Jedi in an X-Wing during the battle.
But based Red Leader almost managed to destroy the Death Star. His torpedoes ended up skimming the surface, probably because he was distracted from having Vader on his ass.

a small chance to completely stop something is better than not stopping it at all

Didnt you pay attention to the movie. He knew that it would eventually be built regardless of his involvement so he wormed his was in to make sure he could put in the flaw.

So the flaw is "if you explode it, it will blow up".
Got it. Great.

>all the logical inconsistencies in FA and R1
I want georgie back

Uh, I thought they brought Galen back because they couldn't do it without him.

>too intelligent to suck George's dick

Confirmed for not seeing the film.

Oh fuck off. Before Rogue One, Sup Forums always complained about how unbelievable that the Empire managed to overlook such a fatal flaw.

They brought him back because he would speed up the process.

It would have happened, just a hell of a lot later because no one else had the knowledge of Kyber crystals like Galen does.

it was an idiotic plot and a needless retcon

They should have made Gay Len a mad scientist that comes to terms with the horror that he helped unleash on the galaxy instead of a pacifist that hated the empire.

Made no fuckin sense whatsoever.

This

You contrarian hypocrites

This

>Mads was wasted on a small roll as the Death Star designer instead of as some Old Republic Jedi/Sith or Imperial General

What a waste. Also yeah, didn't the Genosians design the Death Star? So said episode 2 at least and those are still in the canon, like them or not.

It would have been better if the plot was about finding out where the plans are, and hoping they could use them against the empire.

Playing on the rebellions =hope narrative more would have avoided the retcon error while not affecting the plot at all.

Fuck you must be dumb

This. "Any attack made by the Rebels against this station would be a useless gesture, no matter what technical data they have obtained."

The Farmboy who blew up the first Death Star was NOT a Jedi. But The Force was strong with him and have him the ability to avoid former Jedi Knight Darth Vader during the assault on the Death Star at the end of 'A New Hope'. Even then, Jedi Knight Ben Kenobi's Spirit was there to help him.

Fucking retard.

>Make special note of the necklace throughout the movie
>Does nothing

If you didn't notice, this movie has an extensively reshot 3rd act.

Watch the trailer again and you'll see the obvious differences.

I expected them to pull a, "This crystal makes the Death Star go." And she was gonna lose it or something stupid.

youre a brainlet if you didnt pick that up that mads wasn't needed but decided to help, thats why the alliance wants him dead for half the movie.

>Even then, Jedi Knight Ben Kenobi's Spirit was there to help him
Whos the retard again?

I've been on Sup Forums exclusively for 15 years and I've never once seen a thread talking about something like that.

I thought it was gonna be the crystal that Luke used to make his new lightsaber.

"if you explode a tiny part of it, the whole thing will kablamoh!!'

>The Rebels got the plans and had to FIND a flaw. Now we know that they were looking for a built in flaw. Not the same.

Everyone that knew that there was a designed flaw died, the rebels still had to analyze the plans to find the flaw, only now we know that the flaw was placed there and not just the Empire being dumbshits.

IIRC her dad gave it to her.
Her dad apparently has expertise with kyber crystals.
It's a connection to her dad, probably a kyber crystal.

This makes that breakdown in the hologram scene a little stronger. She's thinking about him all the time, signified by the showing of the necklace, and then sees him.

jesus fuck you're an idiot

retard

So what happened to the whole "many Bothans died to bring us this information" thing?

>lying on a Taiwanese woodcarving board
Why though?

Do you have some form of autism for real?

Best case, you have some reading and writing comprehension issues.

Jesus fuck man

This

I dont think the dude built the flaw thinking someone would take a lucky shot down the vent, probably more along the lines of sneak onto the death star or down the shaft and place a charge before getting the fuck out of there

>Or they steal an Imperial repair droid, reprogram it and it goes for a kamikaze mission down the vent
>That actually would have been smarter than wasting lives and ships in an assault....

>Death Star has a major flaw
>Build second Death Star without fixing that flaw

They never even finished the second Death Star idiot

>Build second Death Star without fixing that flaw
?

Apparently you all do, as you swallow this turd whole. They had to write around the original movie and find an excuse for the main character to exist. So they bring up a poorly defined "flaw". When it could have simply been the plans, period.
It's a goddamn big nuke machine. An atomic power plant. Explosions are going to be bad news no matter what the "design" is.

Jesus christ, you're all retards.

Even when a nuclear power plant explodes it has safeguards that stop the whole thing from exploding, containing the leak

That's why Chernobyl was such a diaster and why later nuclear meltdowns weren't as bad

>6 separate people call you out for being dumb
>n-no u..

Just give up, you lost

youtube.com/watch?v=f_d-9xHZoGo

An amazing secret flaw of sticking another, smaller, exhaust port next to the main one.

Thank you Herr Maus. I'm glad 200 million+ dollars was spent just to say it was a super special exhaust port, rather than being designed as a straight tube for the sake of efficiency.

I hope the rest of these star wars "Stories" aren't just one off lines turned into "full" stories

I can already see the Han Solo movie being his Kessel Run, while being chased by the totally forgettable new villain

Can someone explain the death star to me?

Has there not been a death star in almost every fucking Star Wars film, are they the same death stars or are the writers just not creative?

Its in return of the Jedi, fpr the second deathstar.

I don't know whats worse, how simple this movie is or the fact that half of Sup Forums still doesn't understand it

>create a tank once
>it gets destroyed
>"uh guys, why do we keep using more tanks???"

its the same fucking one as anh

>Make the empire just strict Nazis

Real classy

First rule in government spending: why build one when you can have two at twice the price?

Every thread.

Movie was alright, I enjoyed it a bit more than ep 7.
What WAS good was that it had no sappy love story

You think Mads is gonna appear in more blockbuster movies now that disney has gotten his face out to the wider audience?

How big is the Death Star honestly?

How much metal would it take and in space no less?

Still waiting on an answer.

Wrong Death Star

Not an argument.

I remember reading somewhere it took something like several quadrillion dollars worth of stuff to make it, and would cost a few trillion to operate per day.

Of course, i'm guessing they didn't factor in slave labour and government appropriation of goods.

Yea its atack albeit a fictional one.

Dummies

it was actually her mothers who was space Irish force religious and studied kyber crystals which is how they first met on a crystal digsite.

The meaning of the crystal is to keep the memory of her alive as well as the thought of her parents and highlight the empires crimes to her family which is pushed throughout the movie: the empire will pay have to pay for its crimes in time each cruelty has consequences that transcend their time.

Okay, that's great, but why did the Starkiller have the same flaw?

Checkmate, athiests.

it didn't. starkiller works completely differently

>If you didn't notice, this movie has an extensively reshot 3rd act

I didn't

What's different?

Big ball shoots planets
Shoot the secret spot to make it go boom

am i talking about the death star or starkiller

I'm sure you hated it. Maybe because it's part of one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following a bunch of magical space wizards has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the space setting, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make space seem less stellar, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast as soon as Lucas conceived the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just a ridiculously profitable franchise of schlock and awe. The Star Wars series might be anti-male (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Interstellar in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the story was good though
"No!"
The story was dreadful. Every time they need something to happen, they just have an older character mutter to a younger character "use the force."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. The Star Wars series is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that it knows nothing else. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Star Wars by Steven Spielberg. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Star Wars at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch Steven Spielberg." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Star Wars" you are, in fact, trained to watch Steven Spielberg.

>>That actually would have been smarter than wasting lives and ships in an assault....

If only they'd had the luxury of time, dumbass

You know I can't even remember anything about that base.

This isn't a nuclear reactor, but a utterly crazy alrge reactor that has to pump out enough energy to destroy and mass scatter an entire planet while first destroying planetary shields that can tank an entire fleet's worth of fire power for the betetr ones. And funny enough, both death stars and the star killer got fataly damaged just when about firing. So their reactor was at full power pumping everything it has into giant capaciators. You don't need a design flaw to blow it all up when that is the case.

> Am I talking about any military hardware ever

Systems are typically engineered not to entirely blow up when one part goes wrong. Especially battlestations.

yeah, okay professional battlestation engineer

The exhaust port isn't the flaw, the flaw is with the reactor. The exhaust port was the only means to exploit it in a space attack. Even then it took the force to pull it off

There's eight Star Wars movies so far, there were two Death Stars and one Starkiller Base.

The first Death Star appeared twice, in A New Hope and Rogue One.

>hitting a two meter wide target is nearly impossible
Why is the rebellion filled with so many no-talent scrubs?

this

sjws and manbabies will continue to fuck with star wars until we all hate it

It wasn't just hitting it, it was hitting it very precisely

Didn't Red Leader hit it, but the torpedos exploded near the surface instead of going down the port?

Why didn't he just sabotage the deathstar so that it self destructs when fired. I means its not like he had anything worth living for except maybe seeing his daughter one last time.

Also was Donny Yens character just some jedi groupie or was he actually force sensitive? If not how do they explain that blind daredevil bullshit.

It had to be something that wouldn't be noticed, in other words the thing had to have the appearance of being flawless

Donnie was force sensitive. He mentions it a couple of times.

>When you explicitly refer to your Kiddy Space Fantasy bad guys as real life Nazis and have them slaughter your Diverse, Multikulti cast of lovable POC and Women

>you contain contrariclorians, tiny creatures responsible for shitposting throughout the galaxy

>Sup Forums has been around for 15 years
christ I've wasted half my life on this website

I think it's reasonable to say that the bugman only had a concept model of the death star, not the blueprints to actually build it.

What's the point of the death star when you can build eight thousand star destroyers for the same cost and material? The Empire is the king of putting all their eggs in one basket. This is like the Germans in WW2, building meme super heavy tanks..

If I remember right, in ANH they said the combined power of half the entire Imperial fleet couldn't do what one Death Star did

So it's a giant support mechanism for an ultimate weapon, with the added benefit of being a huge mobile base. With the flaw compensated for it would have had no weaknesses.

Death Star 2 being completed would have been game over for the Alliance if not for the Emperor's hubris in provoking a confrontation before it was ready.

He did. Wedge also mentioned that his targeting computer was only picking up a tower, not the exhaust port. Likely because the port is so small.

If Luke hadn't used the Force, he probably would have done the same thing as Red Leader

Starkiller didn't have the same flaw - it's actual flaw could not be accounted for.

>manage to compress an entire star into a celestial body many times smaller than it
>entire power of a star is under immense pressure in whatever storage containers it uses
>one main potential vulnerability is heavily shielded
>when the shields were lowered it turns out it's also heavily armoured to the point bombing runs were doing 0 damage on it
>took lowering the shield generator, an internal sabotage creating a gap, and an X-Wing unloading it's entire payload
>Cannisters start to overload and explode
>Creates massive chain reactions and further containment breaches
>The planet gets consumed by a reemerging sun

Out of all the things in Star Wars to complain about, Starkiller bases weak point for massive damage makes the least sense to bitch. Had Phasma not dropped the shield they'd have been completely assfucked. Had Han and Chewie not planted the charges they'd be completely assfucked. Had the X-Wing not flown in or caused enough damage they'd be completely assfucked.

>Half of the Star Wars movies have a moon/planet sized super weapon in them
>The only ones that don't, two of them have Hayden Christensen
>One of them still had Midichlorians in the script

end my life