Young Pope

You already watched it Sup Forums?

I didn't really like The Great Beauty that much, but this is truly god-tier (no pun intended)

I can now understand the meaning behind the name of Sorrenkino

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giulio_Andreotti
mega.nz/#!3tJGRDoB!5UiP7A1bnqZiEEtm0sSq0QBdf_F-kDa0GhbeQJ40QdM
mega.nz/#!u94SlSpD!qz7me8g2gYh1ZwmsPtvAd1JsJU3ZqcJSlRjK0CnQ590
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have to wait until January because I'm a retarded American who never learned Italian/Latin and the episodes floating around on the internet don't have subtitles.

Pretty sure there are already English subs around m8

Shit, you can even find arabic subtitles on Google

>finally, after all these years, I have become the wee baby po po

Dropped this shit soooo fucking hard

where can I watch this as an american

netflix

Is il divo good?

Stop posting this wonderful series on this shit board you asshole.

>le kikes make a show about the Pope

>What is more beautiful, my love? Love lost or love found? Don’t laugh at me, my love. I know it, I’m awkward and naive when it comes to love, and I ask questions straight out of a pop song. This doubt overwhelms me and undermines me, my love. To find or to lose? All around me, people don’t stop yearning. Did they lose or did they find? I can’t say. An orphan has no way of knowing. An orphan lacks a first love, a love for his mama and papa. That’s the source of his awkwardness, his naiveté. You said to me, on that deserted beach in California, “you can touch my legs.” But I didn’t do it. There my love, is love lost. That’s why I’ve never stopped wondering since that day, where have you been and where you are now? And you, shining gleam of my misspent youth, did you lose or did you find? I don’t know, and I will never know. I can’t even remember your name, my love. And I don’t have the answer. But this is how I like to imagine it, the answer. In the end, my love, we have no choice. We have to find.

watched it recently. it's quite good and tony servillo is really great as the slimy machiavellian power player but you definitely should read something about andreotti, the real politician the film is based on, before watching it. otherwise you'll be a bit lost in all the references to real life events the film makes...
the wikipedia article should suffice:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giulio_Andreotti

>latin

The Latin isn't hard, pretty much all of the instances of Latin in the show are well-known Catholic prayers and phrases.

But Latin itself is really hard

This resonated with me on so many levels about a girl I knew. I broke down. The pope knows me

Latin is literally one of the easiest languages for English speakers to learn. It's like Spanish but less complicated with the added benefit that no one will give you shit about pronouncing something wrong because no one really knows how it sounded originally.

I'm making my pleb mom watch this kino these days. She's hooked.

I got to watch the series again since I watched it originally, and holy shit it's so damn rewatchable. True kino can be seen many times without growing tired of it. This is true kino.

Can't wait for the internet to explode in conversation over this when Amerifats finally get this series.

Is Bernardo Gutierrez the absolute best character after Voiello? Perhaps even the best before anyone.

Is it anything like The Borgias?

I absolutely hating that boring show which made me hate life because it was so boring.

Yes.

>tfw pope doubts himself and he tells him he must remain pope, he's not a politician, he acts from his heart as he should

The scene where Gutierrez breaks down during the Kurtwell interrogation. Wanted to hug him so bad T B H.

Italian here

Italian is like an over-simplified version of Vulgar Latin, which is also a sort of simplified Latin

And Italian is fucking stupidly hard to learn compared to English

Not at all, this is actually nice

it's the best show i've seen since TD season 1

shame it's release has been all over the place and we never got any decent threads going.

loved the shit out it. sad this place gets hyped over normie twd trash on a regular basis and this thread will struggle to reach 50 replies

Italian-only subtitles:
mega.nz/#!3tJGRDoB!5UiP7A1bnqZiEEtm0sSq0QBdf_F-kDa0GhbeQJ40QdM

yesmovies.to

Was it rape?

Loved it, greatest cinematography of a tv show this year
Also loved the first scene of each episode, as it was usually dream shit

Nah he was just using it as an excuse. I doubt he was even abused

English subs were available an hour after release. Try not being retarded.

When she shows her kids she can juggle the fruit I teared up a little.

just watched the first ep.

Look pretty damn good 2bh

it is fampai, keep watching

>You already watched it Sup Forums?

I want to check out this series but I can’t find any downloads in English, the only versions available are over-dubbed in foreign jibber-jabber.

WTF?

Have you seen Rectify or Quarry?

Who the fuck keeps making these shill threads? Fuck off.

alcoholic, so no

>Thread isn't about star wars or capeshit
>He's a shill!
Fuck off

same, I don't think anyone on Sup Forums has actually seen it

This is a joke right? The Fleet releases are in English but there's also italian dialogue you need subs for, here's a pack with full subs and just the italian bits.

mega.nz/#!u94SlSpD!qz7me8g2gYh1ZwmsPtvAd1JsJU3ZqcJSlRjK0CnQ590

fuck yes, thanks, dood.

Only thing I didn't like about this show was the use of music,which Sorrentino's usually brilliant with. There was way too much shite euro techno played over every scene when silence would have been fine, and the use of pop music was totally off. Pic related was unforgivable.

i felt the exact same way

a lot of beautiful scenes were ruined by music. silence would have been perfect.

wtf guys are you retarded can't you watch with english full subtitles instead?

Was he genuinely talking to the audience at the end, or was this just an excuse to come to Venice?

i didnt like it either and maybe kids-mgmt in 8/9 episode? because it didnt really fit but the rest is very nice

There are two scenes that I remember being ruined by music. That one is the worst. Fuck. Only positive side is the huge contrast with what comes next. I assume that's partly why he did it.

It's fucking house of cards

fair point i'd rather this than star/capeshit

calvary is pure cinema watch your whore mouth

is The Great Beauty worth a watch?

don't think I've seen anything Sorrentino now I think of it

>everysinglethread

Are you that Blacked.cp poster 2?

Oh well i loved that scene. To each his own.

Feel the exact same way

Particularly blatant in the exchange with the prime minister, they're both having an interesting debate and then when the pope start talking some random joyful shit start kicking in, as if the music is trying to explain you that the pope just "won"

It's a general issue with the serie as a whole ; you have great picture, acting and filming living side by side with flick-tier scenes

why did he have to die ?
it hurts

/r/ webm of dancing

10/10 best season of any series I've watched and I'm not memeing here. Quarry was fucking great too.

Nice year I guess

>implying

I'M ONLY HUMAN CAN'T YOU SEE
I MADE, I MADE A MISTAKE
PLEASE JUST LOOK ME IN MY FACE
TELL ME EVERYTHINGS OKAY

>Voiello starts as an unlikeable antagonist
>ends up being everyone's favourite character

Is this the power of KINO?

>everyone starts out as unlikable, radically dangerous, power seekers(except QT3.14 prime minister of course)
>by the end, everyone turns out to be sincere and kind in their own way

This isn't the message we deserve, but it is the one we need right now.

is the african nun kill?

Name a better cardinal if you can fag

Watch the show.

What happened to the bloke with the holes in his hands? He ded?

>I have no sense of humour.

Doesn't Lenny make Gutierrez a cardinal by the end? Him.

Sorrentino always manages to deliver something that stays in my head and heart for quite some time.
will dump some screenshots.

You should start calling him Holy Father now

Bad meme'd

>You will say it! You will say it! You will say it! You will say it! You will say it! You will say it! You will say it!

>YOU MUST! YOU MUST! YOU... MUST!

I need more guys, is there anything similar?

>Finish watching the show
>Realise Francis is Pope again

pls god

THIS

The show was brilliant but too many tense scenes were intruded upon by inappropriate music. I understand some levity is required here and then but a lot of it seemed like overkill.

It's only truly bad in the scene just before his speech with the cardinals, the contrast between the meme music and the epic scene that follows is just too much.

I believe Sorrentino is still experimenting, trying to find the perfect balance. Can't wait what he will bring in the coming decades.

what's the purpose of the sex scene?
i have to turn off the TV because it popped up out of nowhere and i'm watching it with my 12yo daughter

>watching kino with your children
You're a good person

The one with the ginger?

Two things happen later on which are related to it. If you're asking as to why it needs to be shown, I think it's more that it was easier to show than imply considering the narrative structure. It's quite important that you're aware that the ginger had three-way, but they don't spend much time in Honduras.

>what's the purpose of the sex scene?

To show him as corrupted

Nope, it's the complete opposite
>tfw no season 4 of Borgias

where is fucking dancing greenland

that feel when no qt sister in love with you though

>she will never look at you like this

any nudity shown? was thinking about watching this with my boy

Season Two, Lenny renegs on the Lateran Treaty, expands the Papal State to the Tiber.

International crisis, UN peacekeepers intervention, crazy guy becomes Antipope, gains following, moves to Sardinia.

Lenny ends the antipapcy, executes heretics, claims Sardinia as a Papal State, begins expansionist Papacy

CAP THIS NOW

Yes.
He's personified innocence.
If not for the kino comedic moments Voiello brings to the show, he would be the best character.

there's a really intense threesome going on in the later episodes and in the first episode there's beasts shown once.

This was one of those series' that leaves a big hole in me and i don't know how to fill it. Maybe i'll just rewatch it.

makes the whole just bigger

A true kino

This. English is extremely easy to learn, italian is hard tier, maybe slightly easier than german types.

oh shit, i just finished episode 9
i cried