Mfw the weasley twins never noticed on the marauders map that their own brother was skeeping with a guy called peter...

>mfw the weasley twins never noticed on the marauders map that their own brother was skeeping with a guy called peter for 3 years

they considered their brother gay so they must have thought it was normal.

You act as if there aren't 1000 other plotholes much worse than that in the Harry Potter series (both books and movies)

if you don't say H***y P****r will the pasta get spammed?

This one make it look like the twins were condoning their younger brother being in a sexual relationship with a supposedly dead middle aged man, while sharing a room with 4 other sleeping boys.

i think u gotta say voldemort

Is it much of a stretch to say that the Marauders had some form of control over whether or not they'd show up on their own map? I don't believe so.

POA introduced so many plotholes, i don't know why people consider it the best

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Well done on that

Not an argument.

Yes because Sirius Black showed up on the map.

Well fuck. Bravo Rowling.

retard

If you recall, he was always losing the rat.

>make map showing literally everyone on the castle
>for no reason whatsoever, include yourself in it

is rowling retarded?

How does an object so unique and useful like the Marauders map isn't crafted by some high order of archmages but by a bunch of a bunch of teenagers in the 70's? Not that magic in the HP universe follows comprehensible rules, just a thought.

>Hogwarts is unplottable, but creating a map of it is possible
wtf

Wish I was sucking a hotter version of the twins' cocks while fucking Ron and fingering Harry.

>for no reason whatsoever, include yourself in it
To be fair it was password protected. How the hell the Weasley twins figured out to say "I solemnly swear I am up to no good" when no one else could was never explained.

Sure is very convenient then that wormtail constantly keeps track of the twins and make sure to run away as fast as he could whenever they're about to take out the map and use it.

>le plothole from harry potter meme

Please fuck off back to cinemasins or wherever you came from

Cause they're two very cheeky lads that are often announcing how up to no good they are.

It makes no sense at all to include yourself in it. It's like voldermort making a killing spell that can also kill him.

weirdo

Maybe they had no interest in what their younger brother was doing?

Why on earth would they ever look into their brother's dormitory on the map when they could just walk in if they really wanted to?

>le I can't admit that my favourite childrens book is full of mistakes meme

who has any real gaping plot holes

>Jumping off the dragons back into the ocean instead of just apparating
>James and crew learning to turn into animals for the sole purpose of keeping werewolf remus company while he's in werewolf form, which they accomplished and did every time, only for werewolf remus to be somehow unsafe for dog sirius to so much as communicate with at the end of harry potter 3
>during harry's supposed final meeting with voldemort in the forest where he expects to die, harry didn't bring a adult, potted mandrake to under his invisibility cloak and pull it out to just literally kill voldemort and all his death eaters because it's cry is fatal, harry could even have wore ear muffs and sporut was dropping 'mandrake grenades' from her tower during the final battle so there were adult mandrakes to go around

>Why on earth would they ever look into their brother's dormitory
I could never figure out the scale of the map it's on one bit of parchment, yet Hogwarts is massive and you can read everyone's names. Did the map have a zoom function?

I'd forgotten how autistic Potter threads make me.

Well the map in the movie looks like it has all over to allow for more surface area.

Well it was magic. Maybe they are hundreds of hundreds of folds in the map, but when it's folded up it's reduced in size for convenience?

As for browsing it, maybe there was a system to only show portions of the castle at a time depending on what the user wants. Maybe it's impossible to view the entire castle and it's grounds in one go? Perhaps you can only view one floor at a time? Who fucking knows.

McGonagall gives a 14 year old girl a time machine. .
If a time machine exists why don't they fix everything as soon as it happens?
If it's because time travelling is dangerous why give it to a 14 year old girl?

Fuck that is funny

If there is a colony of man-eating spiders in the forest right beside the school, why haven't they called in an exterminater?

Wheres the senpai?

the time necklace is the dumbest thing in the entire series

Well in 3 Sirius attacked Remus in werewolf form as a dog, which kind of sets the tone for their encounter.
I'm sure if Sirius didn't attack him as a dog he would have been fine, except for the fact that everyone else was standing around there as humans.

And the mandrake thing seems a little easy to counter. A silence spell could handle that for sure.

That's not how time travel works in Harry Potter (not including that rubbish cursed child). It's impossible to change what has already happened, because the timeline is continuous and not fracturing similar to back to the future.

If Hermione is the studious girl who never breaks rules, why is her shirt untucked?

They go back and prevent the execution of the birb after having already seen it occur though?

fuck he is late....
but yeah OP, what do you expect from one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises

best film really.

The first 2 books are pretty simple, whilst the 4th starts the bloatfest, its an ok middle ground with interesting characters.

I actually went to school in Britain. It was an all-girls school. If we were doing stuff outside when it was hot we could untuck and unbutton shirts.

>Maybe they had no interest in what their younger brother was doing?
Come on, is it that hard to imagine someone checking out what their younger brother is up to? Out of the hundreds of names on the map you'd think they'd pay most attention to their family members

>the forest is too dangerous, you are never allowed to go there
>unless youre on detention, then good luck

>school of wizards and witches
>books continually point out how they all wore robes all the fucking time
>movies show them all in muggle clothes

It all started with PoA. Then it just got worse from there.

This

Even by Rowling's standards that was bad.

Why not just have 7 seekers? Or maybe 6 seekers and a keeper

ITS WORTH ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY FUCKING POINTS

I wish the whole series had been set in Colombus's Hogwarts. Shit was far comfier than the gritty world Curon and his successors portrayed.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

That's why she had them all destroyed in the 5th book as they're a nightmare to to ignore for plot purposes.
Of course by the time you get to Cursed Child apparently everyone has one...

>Why not play with 11 strikers?
>Or maybe 10 strikers and a goalkeeper
>IT'S WORTH ONE FUCKING GOAL

but with 6/7 seekers, the other team will easy rack up a 150+ lead before the snitch is even sighted so its virtually a loss

>Yeah and we should split up when we go to this dangerous as fuck forest no one is allowed to go druing night
>Those two kids that are in the first class who don't really know magic should go together, yeah that's a good plan
It's a retarded ass fucking book written for kids
I don't know which is more autistic, people nitpicking the plot holes or the grown ass fans

No Buckbeak was never killed in any of the timeline occurances. He was always saved by the Harry and Hermione that had come through time to rescue him, the same pair that threw rocks through the window to warn them that the minister was approaching Hagrid's hut.

The movie, and I'm pretty sure the book, mentions that neither of them actually witness buckbeak being killed. Instead it's was out of view.

I can't believe the pasta hasn't been posted. I'm disappointed.

Maybe there were rules in the game? You can only have one seeker

Even as a kid I thought it was fucking weird they were wearing normal clothes in PoA

fpbp

name 1000

I'm sure they'd check what we was up to during the day, when Ron might have actually been doing something interesting.

During night however, I'm sure when they see Ron walk up the dormitory stairs and into the bedroom, why would they check on him on the map to see him sleeping, especially when they could just walk in if they wanted to?

So do i. I salivate like a Pavlov's dog without any stimulus.

Yeah I was gonna mention that too.

"Oh they were all destroyed at the end of the last book"

What a fucking coincidence

Why was something as powerful as a time turner given to a student, just so she could get to class on time?
Why didn't they use it to catch voldemort?

>hey voldemort turned out to be quirrell
>wouldn't it be great if we could go back in time a few hours and catch him?

I don't get why they one killing spell is forbidden but there's dozens of others that kill just as easily and the good guys use them all the time

Point is, game's shit, because nobody ever racks up a 150 pt lead
>oh but the world cup
fuck that

The seeker just comes in and ruins every fucking game. You throw that quaffle around and score points but it's all a waste of time cos the seeker just BTFO whatever else was going on and makes you feel like a waste of space

I mean imagine having the closest game every, its 100 - 90 or something and a real tight game, then their seeker just ends it, and you were powerless to stop it.

It's 2 games in one. They should have quaffle games, and then some other snitch game for those twats.

Did they notice that they were in the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

because of time paradoxes dum dum

How does the ministry of magic can track every spell made by a student outside of Hogwarts, but can't find evil wizard?

It's even worse when you see the pureblood kids, who hate muggles and blood traitors, wearing them.

Oh and let's not forget this scene either.

The creators were really talented students, I think it should be compared to the rare science fair project that somehow has a bit of impact on academia

based

Why don't they have special wizard police who use time turners? Like when Sirius escaped Azkaban, they could just go back and watch him.

There's something wrong with you.

>Dumbledore is best headmaster of all time
>Appoints Lockhart
>Appoints goddamn Voldemort
>Doesn't recognize that one of his professors is a Polyjuced man

Yeah, I see what you mean, but Ron did take the rat / Peter with him out of the bedroom, didn't he? Also, you're implying they'd only spend time in the bedroom during nighttime, which I don't think is fully true

>80 minutes late

NO they can ONLY be used for important things.

Such as a 14 year old girl getting to her classes on time.

>why dont they x with time turners

maybe they did and now we're viewing the other timeline that was generated

Took you long enough you fucking loser
used to be you were the third-fourth reply

Reminder Viktor Krum was probably using liquid luck before every game.

>can change inorganic matter into food
>wizards ignore the starvation epidemic in africa anyway
based?

Dumbledore was one of the best wizards of all time, but definitely not the best headmaster

That's called a plot hole you idiot

So do wizards have to use two currencies? Wizard money and muggle money? Do they pay two sets of taxes?

I see you're pretty worked up about friend, did you have your money on Bulgaria?

>bunch of schoolkids can infiltrate the most secure wizard bank in the world with ease
>clever as they come, goblins

What did he mean by this?

all part of his keikaku

The canon explanation by Rowling is piss weak and doesn't really explain it at all.

The non-canon explanation that I prefer is that there was a Marauder's protection on the map where none of the original Marauders would show up on the map, so that Fred and George and Harry and Filch never would have seen peter's name on it. Then when Lupin confiscated it in POA, he removed that charm so that Harry could find Sirius. By that point, scabbers was gone.

This is my headcanon and I'm sticking to it.

Ministry man right here. You don't have to kill everything that isn't 100% domesticated.

>every time there is logical inconcistency in Harry, it's some convenient magic that makes it so but it's just never mentioned
aight

what happens if you bring a gun to hogwarts?

What is the canon explanation? I like your non-canon explanation btw

"Fuck Slytherin" is the takeaway from that I think. You ever wonder if Dumbledore allowed all this shit to happen just so he could troll Slytherin by stealing the House cup from them in the last week of school?

it was made like 30 years ago they didn't include any of the present day students in it. Obviously it's enchanted to just know the names of all the people in the building and not enchanted with specific peoples profiles

Kiritsugu please.

Putting the results of the book to the side, the real metagame is about getting your team 150 points in front to stop the other seeker.

So you could do this by using your keeper and seeker to try and push 5v3s and force turnovers and rack up points. However by doing this, the other teams seeker is left alone to stumble upon the snitch. Its obviously a risky move, but if you want to score fast then it could pay off.

Alternativly if the other team is up 150 points, then the opposing seeker must pickup as another chaser to try and get themselves into a winnable position.

There are clearly stratagies that could be implemented that clearly rowling never really thought much about. The 150 point snitch is probably a bit excessive as well. But for me, the silliest part of the sport are the bludgers whose only role seems to be belting magical balls as some form of support/blocking instead of activly involving themselves with linking up quaffle plays and scoring

>school is full of trolls, man-eating spiders, 3-headed dogs, poisons, centaurs, mermaid shit and whatever else I cant even remember
>parents happily send their kids there

>Voldemort comes back, who wants to recruit wizards
>TOO FAR DUMBLEPANTS
>SORT OUT YOUR SCHOOL SAFETY NOW

>Q: Why didn't Fred and George notice Peter Pettigrew on the Marauder's Map before ("Prisoner of Azkaban")?

>J.K.: It would not have mattered if they had. Unless somebody was very familiar with the story of Sirius Black (and after all, Sirius was not Mr. and Mrs. Weasley's best friend – indeed, they never knew him until after he escaped from Azkaban), Fred and George would be unlikely to know or remember that Peter Pettigrew was the person Sirius had (supposedly) murdered. Even if Fred and George HAD heard the story at some point, why would they assume that the 'Peter Pettigrew' they occasionally saw moving around the map was, in fact, the man murdered years before?

>Fred and George used the map for their own mischief-making, so they concentrated, naturally enough, on those portions of the map where they were planning their next misdeeds. And finally, you must not forget that hundreds of little dots are moving around this map at any given time… Fred and George did not know everyone in school by name, so a single unfamiliar name was unlikely to stand out.

But I mean, like OP points out, the twins used the map late at night, and they would have seen a person named Peter sleeping adjacent to their brother. Every. Single. Night. They might not know every hogwart's student, but they might know at least the names of gryffindors in their brother's year level.

Lupin confiscated the map because Harry was out during curfew looking for Peter pettigrew who he saw in the map, so that explanation doesn't work. The map like everything else in the HP universe is ass retarded