[/spoiler]Why can't CGI get rid of uncanny valley in 2017?

[/spoiler]Why can't CGI get rid of uncanny valley in 2017?

I wish they just did artistic editing instead of CGI Tarkin and Leia

It looked horrible and ten times worse in 3 years.

Even the tentacle alien sucked. CGI can't do organic shit no matter how much money you throw at it.
[/spoiler]

Why does all the prequel films have better technology that the original 3? That's just bad writing.

>can't even spoiler correctly

i was sperging out on my keyboard having just come from watching it

samefag desperately bumping your failed thread

sage

>p.s learn how to spoiler newfag

When CGI is done well you don't notice it. Therefore the only CGI that you see is bad, but this does not mean all CGI is bad.

I hope this really makes you think.

samefagging too

i notice esp when the do humans that we are too familiar with

holy shit op just let your thread fucking die

Get back to leldit with you. There are plenty of things wrong with RO but I still enjoyed it. They could have stood with their backs to us and be more realistic and artistic.

Tarkin and Leia looked terrible tho

It's gonna take another 20 years.

never forget

recast them

they recasted Han Solo for the next flick

Because its not advanced enough yet.

When will it be advanced enough?

Because the human eye and mind is literally designed to detected "human-ness" and it's hard to trick them.
That's why the uncanny valley exists for humans (and doesn't for other fake/special effect things), we see something that's kind of human but not really, and that's deeply unsettling. It's why zombies and such are scary - human and not human at the same time.

In 9 years.

but the tentacle monster wrapping around the tie pilot looked pasted on top of him and really bad as well as the tentacle monster in TFA

I hardly notice it in the new apes trilogy

This is different, he has real eyes, Tarkin and Leia were CGI only.

This is usually not the case because even in most situations where it looks good enough to pass as real, there are still other cues to tell you it's CGI. i.e. An actor who you know is way older than they appear in the scene. Even if it looked real (which it didn't anyway) you would still be aware that it was CGI, due to the fact you know the age of the actor, and him not being that age.

FFXV movie was amazing tho

Douglas and RDJ in Civil War were pretty good IMO

I watched Rogue One with my nephew who has not seen the older movies, nor knows who Carrie Fisher or Peter Cushing are. It looked real enough to him. I was pretty impressed by Tarkin myself. Technology is extremely close to reaching the perfection point.

Just look at FF Spirits Within, then Tron Legacy and now Civil War/Rogue One. It's advancing pretty quickly

The uncanny valley (because of CGI) hasn't been a thing in film for a long time and is only really an issue in animatronics.