Did O&A break up because Opie was secretly gay for Anthony?

I never really got why they couldnt reconcile their differences, or why Opie was so silent during Anthonys firing, or during the stress presented by the extended cast/staff. But after listening to this, it really makes me wonder.
youtube.com/watch?v=AyPLtBzVGJA#t=02m08s
Sad that true love like this always wilts in the end. Classic radio is dead. Also fuck Fez for ruining Ron's career

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6_2dIetnRwM?t=2909
youtube.com/watch?v=uwzR_GOjCZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AyPLtBzVGJA#t=02m08s
youtube.com/watch?v=1YaXlUXjBBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8LQMRFN9I5k
youtube.com/watch?v=kBYwDxRkH3o&t=14m55s
youtube.com/watch?v=5h9IgrlqhJk
youtube.com/watch?v=a7IXfEXUy4E
youtube.com/watch?v=Rdzf-XTdJV0
youtube.com/watch?v=RD2YE62DSc0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=X-35CviOP7I
youtube.com/watch?v=qnERaxPuLNc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No they just didn't like that Opie couldn't handle a trashing

Opie is definitely gay. The more you listen to the show the more you realize he's homophobic but also obsessed with dicks and assholes - classic combination for a closeted faggot.

the opester was jealous of anthony's talent, and later jimmy

They broke up because Opie discovered Anthony was a terrorist and he threatened to behead Opie if Opie told anyone.

This. Tits couldn't handle the bants Jimmy and Tranthony were bringing, so first chance he had to put the back alley,Tunisian knife fighters own knife into his back, he took it.
>Management likes the direction the shows going
or something to that effect when asked if he stood up for Ant. Jim could read between the lines and I think low key always felt like "fuck this talentless douche".

its really sad that that's what happened, since the three were really good, but the show slowly deteriorated cause this

Yeah it sucks I found the show kinda late(2010ish) and would notice that when Ant/Jimmy would riff or other comedians(Patrice, Bobby, Rich ect) would join in, he would just "steer the ship" into fucking icebergs. It's too bad he couldn't just accept the fact the only funny bone(s) in him would've been if Jim or Ant were split roasting him. I wish I could recall a moment where Tits made me laugh.

Part of his problem was that any time he came up with something vaguely funny he'd repeat it ad nauseum until it lost all meaning.

In a show I listened to recently they played a boring clip and he followed it up with a sound drop of that cell phone + TV buzzing noise and got a genuine laugh from Ant. Then he spent the rest of the show playing the sound drop at every opportunity until any humor that it had originally was destroyed by how annoying he made it.

Another one of his "classic" bits is doing something fucked up to someone and then asking for an apology from them. Kinda funny once, then tired and predictable every time afterwards.

I fucking hate Opie.

give yourself a bell

Oh fuck I remember that clip. That cell phone radio interference sound. Goddam he wouldn't stop autistically playing it over and over and over. Passive aggressive cocksucker. He knew he's an unfunny douche and instead of accepting it he would just ruin other peoples moments.
>Another one of his "classic" bits is doing something fucked up to someone and then asking for an apology from them
user you wouldn't enjoy it when he would crowbar his rough and Dickensian childhood with his mentally ill mother into every conversation on the show? I also hate how he treats Denny.

SNOWAYYY

Opie "steering the ship" ruined a ton of good moments in the show.
Every time he would go to the phones, it would be a dud and ruin the vibe.

O and A fans are fucking terrible callers, could never go along with the joke for some reason.

In contrast, Ron and Fez callers know every single inside joke and were ruthless in their pursuit to fuck with Fez. No serious discourse was gonna happen on either show, yet Opie would bring on idiots wanting to give their input on stuff.
R&F callers would give ron something to riff on.

O and A should have never taken any calls.

>Another one of his "classic" bits is doing something fucked up to someone and then asking for an apology from them.

I always loved evil opie, but he did seem to do the whole apology thing as time went on.
The whole assholeness of the show is what made it so great.

Opie hanging up on people calling up for telephone interviews made me laugh every fucking time. And it wasnt just Opie who would a complete asshole, everyone on the show was.

Greg and Tony were fucking hilarious.
This interview is one of my favorite moments on the show

youtu.be/6_2dIetnRwM?t=2909

The interview starts at 48 minutes, well worth the listen
I wish there was more Patrice with Jim, usually Patrice is when Jim was out

>O and A fans are fucking terrible callers, could never go along with the joke for some reason.
Most of them are dipshit truckers so that's not too shocking
>Opie hanging up on people calling up for telephone interviews made me laugh every fucking time
Shit. Not the user you replied to but I hadn't thought of the hangups he would do. Also part of his autism but in those cases it worked well for the show. Also him making some interviews weird and awkward made for cringe/entertaining radio.

Heres a good moment of them shitting on Opie while walking carefully on Greggshells
youtube.com/watch?v=uwzR_GOjCZQ

I miss the show a lot, but at least there are years worth of classic episodes to go through. I'm constantly finding gems in their decade plus old shows, even if some of the current events stuff is dated and isn't relevant

>Part of his problem was that any time he came up with something vaguely funny he'd repeat it ad nauseum until it lost all meaning.
Shaq Balloon comes to mind as an example of this.

Shouldn't have signed

Should've just quit and went with Anthony but nope

Look where you are now

Now he's kissing Ant's ass hoping to get the band together but it's too late. He should've talked to him when he first got shit canned and gone on his show like Jimmy did as a sign of goodwill

>Did O&A break up because Opie was secretly gay for Anthony?
No, it's because Ant went on a racist rant on twitter.

>I never really got why they couldnt reconcile their differences
They've spoken many times on-air via phones since then, as recently as two weeks ago I believe.

>or why Opie was so silent during Anthonys firing
Ant's firing was a big topic of discussion for weeks, even months, afterwards, for obvious reasons.

>or during the stress presented by the extended cast/staff
I don't know what you're getting at here.

>But after listening to this, it really makes me wonder. youtube.com/watch?v=AyPLtBzVGJA#t=02m08s
That aired in April 2015. What year is it?

>Sad that true love like this always wilts in the end. Classic radio is dead. Also fuck Fez for ruining Ron's career
Seriously, what year is it?

ant sometimes takes calls on tacs and half the time it's drugged up psychos calling in. pretty funny.

holy shit i forgot how much i love O&A

I started listening to Ron and Fez too.
On the O&A archive site, there is over 30 years of combined radio between the two shows. Its amazing

Another classic Greggshells moment

youtube.com/watch?v=1YaXlUXjBBQ

The worst was when Opie would follow up or interrupt a guest's story with some bullshit lie about his past. The jury duty story and the cabin story where fucking painful to listen to because you could feel how hard everyone was trying not to call him out on his bullshit. Opie was a thin skinned faggot so exposing him on air would put the show on hiatus for weeks because he wouldn't show up to work out of embarrassment and rage.

The jury duty story is fucking cringe inducing. THat story about someone breaking into his house and just leaving was also bullshit.

>Opie "steering the ship" ruined a ton of good moments in the show.

Here's an infamous example
youtube.com/watch?v=8LQMRFN9I5k

Oof
I love that clip but I didnt remember it ending that abruptly.
Should have went on for another 10 minutes...

Im sure they moved onto something great...

>jury duty story
You don't believe he called out the defense attorney in the middle of the courtroom? The Opster is a wild man! 30 years in radio!
youtube.com/watch?v=kBYwDxRkH3o&t=14m55s

Who /EastSideDave/ here?

He never really stood out as much on the old O&A show, but in the last week I just found his show on Anthony's network, and it's been consistently the most entertaining thing on there, and there are next to no politics, which is nice.

I still like Anthony and all, but without Opie and Jim around, he's just not nearly as funny. Plus the whole sobriety thing takes away from a lot of the humor, and it's almost always politics now.

You've been shilling for esd on this board for years now. Just stop, dude

Literally the first time I have ever posted about his show. I learned about the show only last Friday.

he was hardly ever on O&A, he was a Ron and Fez regular though

Dave needs Chris "Pepper Hicks" Stanley for that show on Cumia's network. The Midnight Rider's not the same without his Centaur

>He never really stood out as much on the old O&A show

Because he as a R&F guy not an O&A guy. He was practically co-host of that show for several years.
The ESD show isnt all that great if you compare it to him his prime Ron and Fez stuff. Though I really enjoyed Pepper and Ron stopping by for a visit, that episode was pretty great.

>Dave needs Chris "Pepper Hicks" Stanley for that show on Cumia's network

Too busy fawning over Gail and being Rons yes man to ever move over to Daves show

Never even heard of R&F. Any all time greats I should check out?

Jim, Sam and The TefftDawguffa, uffa, uffa are on Ant's show Wednesday.

He's ok I guess. I really only like him because he reminded me of the older radio days when stunt guys were allowed to do weird shit on air. I vaguely recall Dave randomly coming into the studio with a lollipop stuck up his ass and making them guess what "treat" it was

Just realize its a completely different show than Opie and Anthony.
Its actually kind of hard to get into because the show is all about long term drawn out inside jokes.
Here is Dave in his prime
youtube.com/watch?v=5h9IgrlqhJk
Here is my favorite Ron and Fez moment
youtube.com/watch?v=a7IXfEXUy4E

I know, it sucks balls. Their show is hardly ever listenable. There are some good episodes, like when Pepper got really hammered at dinner and wound up in the hospital and Ron and Gail figured out what happened to him through detective work.

I love Ron and Fez, I honestly think it's better than Opie and Anthony

Thanks scrah. I'll keep that in mind. I love O&A, but I've heard it all before, or at least everything worth listening to.

I constantly find myself singing the Black Earl song all the time

youtube.com/watch?v=Rdzf-XTdJV0

>I love Ron and Fez, I honestly think it's better than Opie and Anthony

I think O&A are funnier when they have those laugh out loud moments.
I think the slower build up and longer bits on Ron and Fez makes for a much more entertaining show. Especially as you start to get context because not every joke stands out or is on the nose like on O and A.

I go through phases of which show I listen to

>Jim tried to get Ant on for monday
>Corporate faggots still blocked him from coming on

I just hope whatever bullshit is resolved and we can get Jim and Anthony in continuous days/weeks.

The best is when they just riff on topics together. Whereas right now the odd show turns into a bit of a nicey nicey interview and reminisce hour which gives them less funny moments.

>listening to non-live radio

Dave left the Ron and Fez show 6 years ago on good terms. Just recently Ron was on the East Side Dave show and said that they still have Daves picture up as someone barred from entering the building. All he did was call a higher up a faggot, and that higher up doesnt even work Sirius anymore.

Lord knows if Ant will ever get into the building when he got publicly fired for conduct

I just consider it a podcast. Dont all the cool kids listen to podcasts these days?

You mean podcasts, grandpa?

I remember when he tried and Sirius security wouldn't let him up so he tried calling from the lobby. Shit was kinda depressing.

I loved evil Opie desu

youtube.com/watch?v=RD2YE62DSc0

>twn be an ant, ron, and jim show

Evil Jimmy much better m.youtube.com/watch?v=X-35CviOP7I

youtube.com/watch?v=qnERaxPuLNc

cringe opie here

That was pretty entertaining. I'll be sure to check out some more of their stuff.

I take it that Fez is the Opie of the group, in that he gets butthurt over stupid shit, and won't drop it? He was seriously calling them homophobes for making fun of the word he accidentally made up? Is it all an act, or does he genuinely not understand that the more you protest shit like that, the more people are going to rag on it?

Fez is a whole other level of fucked up. It's not even comparable, really. The guy "played" a gay character on R&F, only to come out decades later as if it was some big reveal. Ron would then constantly bug him and not being gay until he has sex with a man, but Fez was apparently only interested in young twinks. For a while he was creepily stalking the same kid during his subway commutes to the show. The guy has major psychological problems. And he's still a virgin.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY

why the fuck does opie do that? is it because opie knows he can't contribute and the only way for him to get a word in edgewise is to literally derail the entire thing.

>its an autistic redditors sperg out over Opie thread

It gets them so trigd up and spergy when you let them know that he contributes positively to the shows dynamic and that it will never be as good as it was when OA and J were together.

retards, jim and ant simply cannot be funny when they have to read in their own stories and then crack jokes on them.

OPIE > redditors

I can't be the only one who misses Patrice the most.

Easy there newfriend. Everyone knows that they were all at their best when they were all together. Doesn't change the fact that Opie is a bitch. Bitches can be entertaining despite themselves. You are an example of that.

Patrice was the best.