Why Hollywood don't cast asian women in leading roles?

Star Wars has 2 white woman as protagonists and the upcoming Ghost in the Shell will have another white woman in the leading role.

Make the movie yourself instead of shaking your tin can at limos.

they are rook same

Glad her first movie ever was a success, good foot in the door now when she tries out for anything else.

having big tits helps too.

>jew
>white
pick one faggot

You think those are big?

She looks so happy, I'm in love guys.

they'd be too busy trying to fuck their white costars

White women feel threatened by asian women. Hollywood isn't gonna alienate its biggest market in the US.

Most people still stereotype Asians. A lot. Blacks have become the more mainstream minority race, whereas Asians are still those token foreigners and they're largely okay with that.

This

If you put an Asian female anywhere near a white man, all she can think about is being penetrated deep by the BWC and having Hapa children

It's been known from a while that (((Hollywood))) is very racist against asians for some reason. Even people like John Cho are treated like shit by (((them))).

For her size, sure..

Why is she so perfect...

If you aren't memeing/retarded and want to know the real answer it's because asians make up roughly 6% of the population of this country

Go ask China or Japan why there aren't more whites in their movies. The fact is the only people who really get mad at this are butthurt leftists. Go ask anyone in Japan if they give a fuck the lead for GiTS is white.

>there is an alternate reality where jews aren't in power and blacks and browns have been wiped out instead of being imported and glorified by the kike propaganda machine
>where diversity means asian and white interracial relationships
>where mutual exoticism makes every couple stronger happier and healthier
>where the above average iqs and wisdom of both races combined propelled civlization into a new age of complete peace and radical scientific and technologicial progress
>you were born in the wrong timeline to experience this heaven

>If you aren't memeing/retarded and want to know the real answer it's because asians make up roughly 6% of the population of this country
What's the percentage of kikes again, in both the real world and in media representation?

I have a few takes.

American film/media has always had a different standard of attractiveness for women than the East. Western women have generally been regarded as the standard of beauty around the world, but that said, the fact is that compared to East Asian women, they look kind of big and masculine, who are even more slight and delicate. White women seem really confident in their own popularity and beauty - until it comes to East Asians, and suddenly they become filled with hate and jealousy and start talking shit.

And American women even used to be more feminine and beautiful - in their portrayal in film and in general - when society was more traditional. But then the sexual revolution happened, and the look became more about 'hot' than beautiful. This led to a more slutty, athletic, almost masculine kind of look with western actresses. The Maxim model look. Compare this with a hyper-cute Japanese woman (an attractive one).

The thing about film or tv casting is that they usually want there to be a kind of hierarchy of attractiveness, so notice that in like a tv show where there's a lead white girl, and then an asian friend, the asian friend, along with the other friends, is somehow less attractive. Kind of hot but plain. And when they do have an asian female love interest in a Western film, they're usually this kind of harsh, athletic 'dragon lady' like Lucy Liu or Bai Ling. I've known a lot of cute East Asian girls, and they all said that in their country, they all laugh at the asian women that get casted in Western movies. They don't get why they'd case these masculine looking ones with huge cheekbones.

cont

Caucasian X Asian is best possible genes mix.

>63 years old

How can other races even procreate?

Even then, the Asians that do manage to get into a film are always playing an embarrassing stereotype. They're going to speak with accents, they're going to be doing some martial arts/fighting, and they're going to be involved in some deep, cultural tradition. They're never just normal people.

Look at Katana in suicide squad, she had a Japanese flag on her forehead. What the fuck?

You know it's bad when Harold and Kumar manages to portray Asians more realistically than Hollywood can.

Asian-AMERICANS aren't crying and whining hard enough.

but seriously, how have Black actresses faired? I think only Halle Berry gets leading roles. both yellows(Americans) and blacks are on the same boat, with blacks getting bit more opportunities.

native japanese actress plays native japanese character...hm really makes you think tbqh.

cont

And more recently, there's all this talk from progressives about how they need to cast more non-whites. But the thing is, they're not going to do it with Asian women that have that kind of adorable, traditional, natural femininity or hyper-femininity that goes over in the East. To the bros in the West, that's not sexy enough. To progressives in the West on the other hand, that kind of cute feminine look is too submissive and traditional and nice, and therefore sexist. This is why whenever they cast semi-cute asians now, they always have some 'badass' look going, that recent cliche where they have that purple feminist streak in their hair, and act super edgy and sassy. Not at all East Asian in look or temperament.

So basically, you're never going to see the kinds of cutie Asians we appreciate, and that they like out East, because:
1. They're too cute and would upstage the white women
2. Normal bro types generally want something hotter, and even if they would come around to it, Hollywood would rather go for some athletic 'sexy' 'hot' look than cute or beautiful.
3. Feminists hate traditional femininity these days, and would never let some delicate, sweet girl like you see in Korean or Japanese media appear in Western media. They have to have her appear more edgy, masculine, badass, mean.

alri elliot rodgers haha

She looks plain and without history or character.

When I see looks like this I just think of McDonalds and shit.

Asian person raised in the west with English as their primary language has to play the deadly Kimono Qwang a deadly female samurai-ninja, well-versed in the 36 chambers of death and Wu Tang sword style. Hm really makes you think.

I always wondered this, do mixed race people have a hard time with their identity

>not hiring Jing Tian or Angelababy as main leads in a major Hollywood movie for the sole purpose of getting that lucrative Chinese box office revenue

It's like they forgot that the majority of the worldwide box office revenue comes from the biggest Asian country on the planet, it's like they hate money all of a sudden

because they think that casting Asian women is too much of a risk

A lot do. Some kind of seem ambiguous racially but they can kind of culturally pass as a chosen race and it becomes kind of unnoticeable.

I know a half white, half asian guy, who has a bigger frame, not scrawny, and you can't really tell what he is, you just kind of subconsciously read him as italian or something because he has a slight tan and slight exoticness to his face. But otherwise he just seems like some white hipster guy.

/r/masculinity use the examples of Elliot or Mayli to prove that WM/AF couples are flawed. HOWEVER, their fathers were'nt WHITE,but JEWISH. White fathers are ALPHA and produce functional mixed kids.

WM/AF and AM/WF enthusiasts should stop fighting each other and instead focus on the bigger picture, as we are natural allies, genetic-wise.

Actually my wife says the same thing, westerners perception of 'hot' asian chicks is considered ugly in asia. Very masculine almost ladyboys

too many boners

>Even then, the Asians that do manage to get into a film are always playing an embarrassing stereotype

I would need actual statistics on this before accepting a sweeping claim like this

I know a girl who's Swedish and Thai. She kind of goes back and forth between identifying as European and Asian. One time while talking to a full Asian guy about stuff like "YOU KNOW HOW US ASIANS ARE" he just replies, "You say that, but you are Swedish though..." Even among them them they are divided.

Because Hollywood is having a "push diversity at every angle" orgy and they don't view Asians as minorities

Doesn't matter though, the Chinese market will eventually demand Asians in most if not all rolls

You know that's not Lucy Liu right

yeah I know a lad whos irish/thai and he said when he goes back to thailand hes called white but we call him asian.
Feel a bit bad for him too because hes one of the good guys, the only immigrant in my class in school so he pretty much 100% assimilated unlike the immigrants now who come in droves and make their own communities

I've had so many asian girls say that they think the West's ideas of hot asians in movies is ugly.

That's my whole point there, that I tried to write too convolutedly: that the kind of cute asians that we like on Sup Forums will NEVER be in Western media because our media doesn't respond to that kind of attractiveness. Our style is more athletic and more hardcore and masculine. And my suspicion is that they know that if they put one of these super-cuties next to a white woman, they'll upstage her. So they get these weird looking manface Lucy Lius who honestly I don't know who finds attractive.

There's, again, a hierarchy of hotness in casting, and they're not going to have some cute asian side character upstage the "hot" white lead actress.

And yet if a white person was cast in that same roll people scream cultural appropriation and white washing....

I mean, just put any miscellaneous Japanese idol next to some generic "Hollywood hot" movie slut and see who American men soon start finding more attractive.

(hint: the Japanese idol)

I can kinda see this as being an issue. White and black women are supposed to be butch and 'strong' female characters, but an asian woman like the ones they see every day being strong and independant must trigger them.

Sadly the idols are probably even more plastic that than bimbos now.

I want to pom pom her klementieff if you know what I mean.

Shit like you is what's wrong with the world. Kill yourself, please.

Feminist women regularly criticize the "submissive" asian woman ideal, which they call an "offensive stereotype" as if it's not just the traditional and preferred standard of beauty in the East.

I believe they actually hate such women for the same reason any women ever hates an effortlessly feminine beauty: jealousy.

WM/AF is fine as long as the guy didn't just default to Asian females out of rejection.

>wants Asian in role
>but for creepy weeab purposes
It's like a bizarro SJW

>tfw no Sabina gf

I'll just take the bait
Why would they? China, Korea and Japan all have a solid Movie business
I dont think they feel underrepresented

Somewhat, but it's still traditionally feminine in its aesthetic, and not plastic in the US kind of way. They're not going for some tough, sassy, athletic look now. It's still pale and cute and delicate and feminine out there.

And compare that with some Western asian character with the athletic figure and blue streak in her hair.

Do you have the pic of all the white western women talking shit on her? Says it all.

But they do this all the time. Just look at The Last Samurai. They had to put an American in as the main (just white wasn't enough) or all the mental toddler Burgers could not associate with the character.

Very true, I had a chink gf and she thought western women were manly

I think this another issue that's not addressed. The focus is totally on skin color and not on people as individuals. By which I mean, a native mainlander chinese actress has little on common with a 3rd generation vietnamese-american, yet they're put into the same basket when diversity is discussed. I mean, putting Fan Bingbing in a hollywood movie doesn't represent anyone in America.

They were shitting on her because she's far from the standard of western beauty aka somebody like tricia helfer (bit of a strong jaw on her, but basically like that).

She wouldn't fit as a wife for a high test dude

lol at that whole "high test woman" thing. so disgusting looking.

my theory is it's some freakish mutation in the west resulting from people eating too much beef with hormones in it. it's creating this whole subset of freak people who go for these disgusting, 'big' women with man jaws.

I mean, what the fuck is that thing you posted?

Helfer has more teeth in her mouth than a great white kind of sexy

Yes. Because it appeals to the lowest common denominator and thus makes the studio the most money possible.

Are you forgetting film making is a business? Businesses like to cater to their customers as much as possible. People like you might see it as some sort of higher moral injustice, but all the studio executives see and care about is the bottom line. That's what their job is.

Nah WMAF will never work since their kids will always be confused that their dad is white and they look Asian.

Not to mention it takes a really beta white guy to have to resort to dating asian chicks.

That's just genetics. How dumb can you possibly be? Do you think those feminized males that go tranny are any better? You don't get to choose this shit.

asians don't go into acting
asians parents usually pay for stem, but only stem education

school I went to had a majority of asians (west coast), a lot of kids were forced into taking drama because they needed an art elective and scheduling reasons

teacher would get phone calls daily from asian parents questioning why their kids had to take a drama class

>The focus is totally on skin color and not on people as individuals

Because they are actors. They are meant to portray people who aren't themselves. All that matter is that you can pass the eye test (and sometimes speaking test). Everything else is irrelevant.

anime is not a race you retard

I think hormones and other chemicals are effecting us. How we look and also how our brains our working.

That is true. Most of them are definitely STEM. I knew a lot of art major ones but even they were a minority and they approached art in this much safer, more traditional, 'respectable' asian way. Acting though is kind of a fucked up world... actors are usually gay and probably really needy and have a lot of issues, so asians who go into that are probably not your typical asians (just like white actors aren't typical people either)

If you're talking about American-born Asian women, it's because the available pool of them is basically nonexistent. Asians make up a small percentage of the population to begin with, and the number of attractive Asian women who even try to be actresses is super small. They are all off doing other careers that are more "honorable."

There are also very few that are considered attractive by Western standards. They have to be ones that are pretty plus have really good bodies like Karen Fukuhara or that chick with the big boobs from Orange is the New Black. They can't be the typical petite Asian woman with a boyish figure.

Lastly, a lot of white woman are generally kind of suspect of Asian women because of the way they're fetishized by beta white dudes.

The point is Burgers are too dumb to connect with a character if it's a chink, and ((((Hollywood))) isn't exactly helping.

>I think hormones and other chemicals are effecting us.
Not to the extent you claim it to be. Obviously the biggest factor is fem couples having kids.

bait.jpg

I'd say the other way around though is that America has had this weird thing about being athletic and bigger and it's made these really porcine, large, masculine women as so many people bred that way (in addition to all the hormones and super-sized meals).

It seems like you are looking from America from the outside. The average girl is not a supermodel.

I have yet to see an example of a good female asian actress in this thread. Lots of rationalizing and blame but where are these bad ass actresses who are being shunned?

Another thing is being relateable. So what is the reasoning for having an asian-american actress in the role except for token purposes/diversity. If the role calls for an American woman then it makes sense to cast a white female since that character will be relatable to more of the target audience. Adding an asian is soleley for the purpose of adding an asian at this point and it just comes off as cheap pandering because if "we are all the same" then whats the point of forced diversity and singling out based on racial types?

Except now everyone is obsessed with hollywood and males looking jared leto are considered handsome and having kids with very feminine girls.

Hah. Yeah. I'm looking at America from within California, rather. So... guess I need to consider that.

I still think US women are on the big side, but California takes things to a drastic level.

>teacher would get phone calls daily from asian parents questioning why their kids had to take a drama class
>WHY MY FIRST SON IS DOING DRAMA? ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE HIM HOMOSEXUAL OR ANYTHING? CHING CHONG CHANG CHANG HOOKER.

sandra oh is a good actress
she's just the asian sarah jessica parker and not many men would buy tickets for a movie where she's the lead

I would love to see Karen Fukuhara appear as Katana in more of the DCEU.
She's really pretty, seems to have a charming personality, and her role as Katana was pretty cool albeit very underutilized.

Yeah, things have kind of just tipped the other way, except even more recently, there has been yet another backlash against 'cucks', so we'll see.

But she's a good example of the plainness of asian women casted in western roles. Compare her with what is seen as beautiful in Japan or Chinese movies.

It's the same everywhere in the world. Film industries cater to their audience. People who are less than 5% of your current consumer base are not very high on the totem pole. That's how business anywhere works.

>jared leto are considered handsome

it's because women on birth control stop liking strong features in men
back in the 50s this was considered a handsome male lead
now being able to play a trap makes a handsome male lead

>there is an alternate reality where whites aren't in power and whites have been wiped out
Ftfy

None of this would have happened if Europeans didn't decide to go dicking around in other continents for lols.

>since that character will be more relatable
Is this bait? Your race doesn't make you relatable, your culture and life experiences do. One of the things that makes Asians unrelatable in film is that the roles they're given are almost always to do with some foreign heritage and tradition.

she's what the average korean looks like before $30k of surgery

tbf, in real life most women don't go for 'pretty' guys. they're actually kind of threatened by it, it makes them feel less pretty themselves. Pretty guys have to get with really hyper cute girls that aren't threatened by it.

t. prettyboy

Really? You should read the interview where Aziz Ansari talks about his disappointment in finding out years later after (Short Circuit) that Fischer Stevens wasn't an Indian. He only liked it because he thought Fischer was Indian. He RELATED.

Marco Polo have some really good Asian actors.

But really, it's hard to find them since there are so few that get the good roles. The same problem kinda plagued the blacks, but asians are typecast even more than they ever were.

>Your race doesn't make you relatable

You should read up on how the human brain works

Who cares about Ghost in the Shell? All those animu characters look white instead of gook anyway with their big round eyes. Granted, they don't look like Scarlett, but they don't look like the nip in OP's pic either.

Because they all look the same. Hard to market that.

Only if the mom is white.

The thing is you find asians represented well playing asian roles well without being stereotypes people just dont want to look and make a big deal out of the flavor of the month minority. The recent Man in the High Castle has a number of male asian actors who do an excellent job. Asian males seem to be doing pretty well. I have especially liked BD Wong of late with his roles on Mr. Robot and Gotham. In Gotham Hugo Strange has been changed to be asian and no one gives a fuck as long as you use competent and believable actors and people dont see it as a gimmick or pandering.

There's no reason that you can't relate to an Asian person on screen as much as you can to the half Jewish half Eastern European actors we have today.

>He only liked it because he thought Fischer was Indian
Indian is a nationality and not a race. Relating to someone over their culture is completely different; your culture has a huge input on your development through life. The color of your skin doesn't.

Well, it was a pretty good opportunity to cast an Asian female as a lead character in a big budget movie.

That and having a character called Motoko Kusanagi be a generic westerner just feels kinda silly.

Sort of like casting Judi Dench as a ghetto hoodrat named LaQuanda.

Karen's mom is japanese

>The color of your skin doesn't.
If that was true this thread wouldn't be here.

Cause asians are the ugliest people