Why is there no board for art film?

We have /lit/, which generaly deals with quality literature, Sup Forums is somewhere in between, dangling between shit and actually interesting art, but Sup Forums and /ic/ are just shit. Why aren't cinema and the plastic arts represented with quality boards? Where on the internet can we find a board for actual film discussion? If nowhere, this is an EU/art film thread. Post your charts and favourite directors.

Other urls found in this thread:

bfi.org.uk/films-tv-people/sightandsoundpoll2012
theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_all1000films_table.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just go to eight chan's film.
Sup Forums's film would be just star wars capeshit spam

>today I learned about eight chan

What is it?

just another chan that spawned during gamergate.

I don't care about its other boards, I don't even browse them but I lurk /film/

its a slow board with just 5 posters but its something.

The pedo safehaven of the internet, you'll be put on a watch list for going to it. It won't even show up in a google search.

Can anyone rec some good "hypnotic" films like last year at marienbad

Everything else Resnais made.
Maybe some Chris Marker too.

I've never seen a movie that had that same vibe. I think it's really in a league of its own.

>Maybe some Chris Marker too
>hi guys I thought I'd make it apparent to everyone I've never seen anything by him other than la jetee

That's why I said "maybe" you fucking insufferable faggot.

Roberto Rosselini was pretty good. I enjoyed Paisan for the script and stories but Rosselini used non-professional actors and it was really obvious in parts of the film.

Actually it does now.

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

We used to have some really comfy /cinema/ generals. But in the end they either got deleted or got swamped with shitposters. Never forget.

Is there a flowchart or a guide for art film? I bet one must exist.

bfi.org.uk/films-tv-people/sightandsoundpoll2012

theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_all1000films_table.php

>taking the word of Sup Forums over consensus lists by filmmakers, critics, and academics
TOP FUCKING KEK

1001 Movies you must see is pretty good.

>consensus lists

nice argument, fagtron

It's not about taking Sup Forums's word over their. I just kinda like flowcharts.They're aesthetically pleasing and sometimes are actually good. I'd send them to my friends who are not into movies in hopes of getting them into serious cinema.
Thank you.

Just start watching the most famous of them. Some of them will feel boring, some will be harrowing, some will seem non-sensical. Keep watching and in time you'll develop a taste. The lists the others posted are a good starting point.

Aggregate lists are worthless unless you like knowing what some group of people thought at one time. Individual lists can be interesting and worthwhile, however.

more Resnais like Providence and Muriel
l'homme qui dort
india song
persona
la notte
out 1 in some respects
all of Raul Ruiz

Except TSP and S&S lists are both great introductory lists to cinema. Some faggots personal favorites are not.

The 'some faggot' list was made by a real individual so is infinitely more valuable than groupthink.

who gives a fuck what some random asshole, like you, thinks?

individual lists are only good if you already find that critic's/person's tastes or thoughts on films interesting

The fuck is /ic/?

>who gives a fuck what some random asshole, like you, thinks?
(You) do.

>individual lists are only good if you already find that critic's/person's tastes or thoughts on films interesting
More interesting than a group of academics'

a place where autists post their Sonic drawings

Since this is apparently the /film/ general, what have you watched lately that you would recommend?

I watched L'institute Benjamenta by the Quay Brothers after reading the book, it was definitely worth watching but I doubt anybody who hasn't read the book would be able to make heads or tails of its meaning 2bh

But this isn't about what you find interesting, this is about introduction to cinema you narcissist stupid fuck

Watch a director's whole filmography if you're interested in cinema. You'll learn more than you would from watching some cherry-picked 'great films' selected by committee.

The Night of the Hunter

btw, any other good Southern Gothic inspired films out there (i.e., like the stories of O'Connor, Faulkner or McCullers)?

What do you niggers think about shinya tsukamoto?

the reflecting skin, but I didn't like it, you might tho

oh and rumblefish was good

Basically what this guy wrote: "artwork" board, where people post anime and lifeless drawings.

>What is it?
A sign that youre entirely too new to be making threads. Lurk moar you obnoxious fag, or just go back to whatever shit hole you crawled out of.

No you won't, because it's not supposed to be a film school project about x director, its fucking introduction to cinema.
Insufferable faggot.

Is this true
...asking for a friend

>Southern Gothic
A Streetcar Named Desire is pretty good.

Also Baby Doll

>/lit/
>quality
>go to /lit/s front page
>current topics of discussion -
>alt right, SJWs, manlets, WE WUZ KANGS

How are they any better than Sup Forums again?

/lit/ went to shit in 2012-2013 when Game of Thrones got extremely popular.

Sometimes, there are good books. The people are fucking stupid

Sup Forums is great in its whole awfulness.
/lit/ is just a board for fags and sjws soon to be a new Sup Forums

/lit/ has really gone down in the last few years.

It seen fine at glance but once you actually browse there its really quite shit.

>soon to be a new Sup Forums
I'm .

/lit/ has turned out that fucking bad?

Sup Forums killed it like it killed the rest of Sup Forums

>Sup Forums killed /lit/
>not the insufferable plebs coming to the board to praise shit like GRRM every day for thousands of threads

I'm pretty much a newfag at /lit/ but I always seen them shit on GRRM was there a time that wasn't the case?