/advanced/

Thread for those of us who've been watching cinema seriously for 5+ years and have advanced past capeshit, mainstream movies and the same old flicks.

Don't be offended, this is not meant to be pretentious, its just some of us have moved past IMDb-core, indie flicks and the latest hyped blockbuster and have more developed tastes. Do not troll or derail the thread with off-topic discussion.

>What good films have you been enjoying lately?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0077722/
imdb.com/title/tt0100656/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kill yourself, aeltbx or whichever other /lbg/ leaker you may be

KILL YOURSELF

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Låt den rätte komma in

How can I get a KG invite?

Man, I haven't watched a good film in a while. Last thing I saw was the new Jarmusch movie: Paterson.
Quite a brilliant piece. Much like what you'd expect from Jarmusch, but it was all HD and shiny.

my fave movie is dark knight rises now tell me the secret handshake

I saw Rosselini's Paisan a few days ago. I liked the second story with the Black GI the most.

THIS.
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET INTO THESE PRIVATE SITES? I NEED THOSE OBSCURE MOVIES!

Batman v Superman is pure kino, it's a shame most people don't understand it

gimme kg invite

You can watch that potty mouth and type like a refined gentleman for a start!

you still trying to force this general?

The 130 min. cut of The Grandmaster

>kino

keep those meaningless buzzwords for autistic teenagers out of this thread please, thank you.

>good films
>The Grandmaster

kino

kino

what didnt you like about it?

Genre trash.

A Talking Cat!?! (2013, DeCoteau)

kino

Last movie I watched was Naked 1993. Wouldnt mind watching another film thats similar if you guys have any suggestions.

Nude 1994

>elitist pseud detected

In the Nip 2001

Le Ravageur (1997, Miller)

Bottom feeder with no standards detected.

In the buff (1995)

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT

Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….

It's not even good genre, the kung fu in the film is meh

what makes a "genre picture" inherently bad, as if there isn't any worth in films like Touch of Evil or Red River or A Touch of Zen?

Showed that to a friend, he hated it. Said the characters were stupid and it was boring.

The intention behind it.

>

and what is this general "intention" of genre films that damns them from the get-go?

It's the intention to make a genre film.

and why is that in itself so bad?

Look up the definition of a genre film.

Watched The Light Between Oceans.

Thought it was going to be a half-decent drama about a lighthouse keeper and his wife shot sweet, sweet film. Turned out to be emotionally intense throughout with Alicia Vikander giving another great performance. It's from the director of The Place Beyond the Pines and Blue Valentine. Has all the hallmarks of oscar bait yet feels completely honest and raw.

You become a power user on What.cd, then you can get into anything from there.

Good luck!

What.CD got taken down.

nothing about what defines a "genre film" seems inherently bad to me.

if you are trying to argue that the conventions of a genre are creatively limiting factors, one just has to look at the wide range of styles of films within a genre and see how different and expressive they can be (e.g., wuxia and Ashes of Time vs. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon)

if you mean "genre film," like a lowest common denominator B-picture, that hasn't really been the case since the 60s, or it's become the main attraction at cineplexes (e.g., action spectacles and rom-coms)

>nothing about what defines a "genre film" seems inherently bad to me
I shouldn't have expected anything more from this trash board.

can you give a reasoning other than "hurr durr but it's genre trash" or "hurr just look a the definition of genre film durr it can't never be good"

EXPLICITLY state why genre film is irredeemable

Why exactly are you trying to get serious answers and actually making thoughtful posts from this obvious bait spammer from a garbage general?

I wonder which deadbeat Discordnigger is the one that makes these threads.

What are your favourite private trackers? For me:
PTP
HDB
Cinematik
Karagarga
Cinemageddon
Asian DVD Club

All good places to find quality films in good formats.

my day is free and i'm bored
don't worry, i've been shitposting in other threads.

Yeah, I suspected that only a shitposting troll could be this pleb.

>Watching cinema seriously for 5+ years
I'm a pretentious faggot, but that's just a retarded thing to say. You're embarrassing.

Thanks for thread OP, I agree.

I watched L'Ascension Du Chevalier Noir last week, top tier.

invite me!!!!!

Rec me great arthouse to download from KG in English. Not in the mood for reading subs

How do I know you aren't a cheater or invite seller/trader?

>great arthouse
>in english
lol

go back to watching Michael Snow track a camera back and forth for half an hour, faggot

I'd also really like an invite. I've been trying to meet someone who can show me a way to get into some private film tracker for a while. Would you mind giving me some tips, if an invite is too much to ask?

I'll buy you the invites so you know you can trust me

Hang out in IRC channels with people who have invites. How I scored most of mine.

where

Werckmeister harmonies
The long goodbye
Punch drunk love
A serious man
Bleak moments

Fucking pleb

brokensphere

enlightened post.

Googled brokensphere, clicked first link that seemed logical, it wants a channel number. What do I type in?

#cinematik

I am extremelly thankful :)

Haha. Any luck yet?

what should I download from the soviet fantasy list on kg?

does this channel discuss films in general or is it just for tracker stuff?

Wait, what. It shows URL-s

Ostensibly it's the IRC channel for Cinematik, but they barely have any relation in actuality. Tracker stuff, movies and politics are often discussed.

Cool. Might check it out then

How exactly do I access this? Through what web address? I'm really confused now.

So just another chat on the internet. Meh

You need to use an IRC client. There are web-based ones like mibbit but you can also download them, like Hexchat.

Thanks. I got mIRC. WHat now?

>he doesn't know how to use irc.

pm eraserhead for cinematik invites
he'll ask you for torrenting 101 and you to show him your letterboxd account

But with the possibility of private tracker invites!

Connect to a channel.

So what exactly must I put in for Cinematik?

Join the brokensphere network then join the channel. irc.brokensphere.net #cinematik
End of spoonfeeding.

bump

Hacksaw Ridge
The Accountant
Godzilla Resurgence
The Greasy Strangler
Headshot
Triumph Of The Will
Sadako v Kayako
Your Name
Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence
About to watch LaLa Land

Thank fuck. It's like a toddler.
It would probably make more sense to explain how TPB works for him

based soderbergh

One of my favorite directors.

The Passenger

Does anyone know where I can donwload these?

imdb.com/title/tt0077722/
imdb.com/title/tt0100656/

Genre is the foundation of art.

jelly

saw Hard To Be A God a few days ago. amazing film. i went into it blind, didn't bother to read the description and was blown away. must rewatch in a week or two to get more out of it, but, wow, what an experience.

next up probably Cemetery of Splendor, Lil Quin Quin, or Gueros.

also eagerly waiting on any news about Malick's latest two, Weightless and Radegund, and Greenaway's Walking to Paris. Hope he hops on to his Bosch film soon, if that's ever going to happen. dude's no spring chicken.

what plugin/addon/whatever is that?

SC is a lie for both, it's just that the search function is as bad as the rest of the site

the other day I watched the 6 hour experimental VHS tapes of bathroom mirrors steaming that I found on the deep web along with spider torture erotica

imdb scout
yeah I know i just cba to change it

I don't have access to any private tracker. Thanks anyway