Max Landis v Arrival

Is Max Landis right?
Is Arrival boring and not a movie?
Are the characters boring and not characters?
Should people hav spent their money on a better movie like American Ultra (aka this generation's Citizen Kane)?????

>that last tweet at the bottom

Christ, I've met people like this clown before. The type who remember every single negative comment which is ever said about them, and can nurse grudges for years over the most simple and sensible criticisms.

to be fair every single day he has multiple people telling him he only gets work because of his famous dad, and that he should be ashamed because his famous dad caused the deaths of two children.

Arrival is arthouse for plebs.

>we're like a couple and stuff now because twist ending and shit

If you spend more than thirty minutes shitposting on this website you get called a faggot multiple times by multiple people. Would that make it any less pathetic if I constantly tweeted out "what now, anonymous losers who called me a fag last month?" tier shit?

He has no right to criticize anything after being responsible for shit like American Ultra.

Landis is a hack who thinks wrestling and super heroes are the peak of storytelling.

>The type who remember every single negative comment which is ever said about them, and can nurse grudges for years over the most simple and sensible criticisms.
Yeah, I think he is jewish.

Landis confirmed for plotbabby

Wow what a narrative fueled pleb

Let's dismiss editing, framing and composition, sound design, soundtrack, set and production design, blocking, pacing, delivery of lines and all the other filmmaking elements and call this "not a movie" because it didn't directly dwelve more in the characters emotional subplot

Ignorant delusional screenwriter

max landis thinks pro wrestling is high art.

Of course it's not a "movie", it's kino.

the relation between characters did work better in Contact because they had actual theoretical opposition
Ian never got a chance to present his reasoning nor them to be in intellectual conflict
he could have been an antagonist at first and been more interesting that way

however I don't see his point in the 5th tweet, the twist doesn't have anything to do with them
I saw it coming that he was the dad and it didn't really matter that much

Max wrote and directed Me Him Her
His opinion on anything is invalid.

Hol up

Are you implying that pro wrestling is NOT high art?

i forgot american ultra was the pinnacle of romance and we should hold all sci fi movies up to the golden standard of max landis,

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
eat a dick max

Did this faggot really compare a character from the Arrival to a character he wrote? What a pretentious cock sucker

Actually I thought these two points mixed were interesting. I would definitely say pro wrestling is at its heart, narrative fueled. Its got actions and consequences, but almost none of that other stuff mentioned. Its usually just a ring. Maybe a locker room scene. I could go on but won't.

If Landis thinks pro wrestling is high art then its probably because hes so narrative > all. It all makes sense now.

>Is Max Landis right?
Max Landis is almost always right.

Max is a pretty cool guy.

That would be correct. It's the epitome of Brechtian theatre

Max is a fucking smug arrogant idiot whose films are crap, and feels entitled to shit on other peoples movies but gets pissy ,when people criticize his tumblr text post tier poor excuses for scripts

>Max Landis, the "don't stop talking otherwise you're old news" guy shits on a really well made film
>then uses his own bs work as a "good" example

Arrival is not a movie

This is a movie

>>In a world where humans and magical creatures co-exist in peace, Scott Ward (Will Smith), a seasoned police officer, is unexpectedly partnered with Nick Jakoby (Joel Edgerton), an Orc ostracized by the police force and overall population as his kind is perceived as violent and barbaric. Scott and Nick's first patrol together quickly spirals out of control when they happen upon a murder crime scene and get their hands on a rare and valuable item: A magic wand. As they transverse the city, pursued by corrupt cops, mobsters, mercenaries and monsters to deliver the wand to a safe place, they'll have to put their differences aside and learn how to work together.

>boring

Why don't we as a board collectivelly disregard and scorn any individual who uses this word as """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""crticism"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""?

alien nation?

Let's put aside the fact that Max is a hack. What's retarded about his criticism is he completely misses what the movie was trying to do. He cares more about old fashioned plot structure and character writing than anything else.

He doesn't care about plot at all. He only cares about characters.